PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Pete W

Bencher
I like this team. Lawton is a gun and will have impact. Poor Cust might not get his spot back if he's out for a couple weeks.
I think this team looks stronger
Keppie has issues in his lateral movements defensively. Lawton hasn't played a 1st grade game all year, and never played with this team. Schuster moving from the position he is best suited imo... definitely not a stronger team. Our bench is now considerably weaker too, as marty and paseka will now start together, as opposed to having a serious and experienced forward coming on for stability and impact. If Keppie is starting left 2nd rower, then that is a totally new combination that most likely will struggle re defensive understanding: Keppie-Schuster-Parker. I hope I'm wrong

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
This isn't the way they would have wanted to debut Lawton after such a long time out with serious injury. When it rains is pours with this team. I hope he does well, but he will be spent after five minutes.

As long as we have the DCE from the last five weeks or so and not the headless chook version, then we should be fine.

As for the Shoe, put your best foot forward champion...show us what you can do son. You don't have to win it by yourself, run first, pass second, use our strike weapons like Tom and let's go get it.

Let's go EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Keppie has issues in his lateral movements defensively. Lawton hasn't played a 1st grade game all year, and never played with this team. Schuster moving from the position he is best suited imo... definitely not a stronger team. Our bench is now considerably weaker too, as marty and paseka will now start together, as opposed to having a serious and experienced forward coming on for stability and impact. If Keppie is starting left 2nd rower, then that is a totally new combination that most likely will struggle re defensive understanding: Keppie-Schuster-Parker. I hope I'm wrong
If we win this game it will one of our best in years.

Why always label people? I like Des but injuries helped him get it right when he was getting it very wrong for a month. Move on
I don't even know if Des was "getting it wrong", he knew injuries would come, it's a long season and he was always going to "build" for the end of the year.

I'm guessing this is pretty much what he planned for all along. Play the shlt out of the guys early (with the tough draw and no Tom) that you don't think will be a part of your team running into the finals, build and hope for the best.

KaZa

Bencher
I don't even know if Des was "getting it wrong", he knew injuries would come, it's a long season and he was always going to "build" for the end of the year.

I'm guessing this is pretty much what he planned for all along. Play the shlt out of the guys early (with the tough draw and no Tom) that you don't think will be a part of your team running into the finals, build and hope for the best.
thats an optimistic view! In the end.. whatever it was.. at least it happened. The right players are on the park now!

thats an optimistic view! In the end.. whatever it was.. at least it happened. The right players are on the park now!
I agree it may be optimistic, but do you really think Des was ever going to build his September team in March (especially with Tom out) or bring the new guys along slowly and see what comes out in the wash?

Kevinward777

First Grader
Why always label people? I like Des but injuries helped him get it right when he got it very wrong for a month. Move on
It's tongue in cheek, @KaZa. No different to the fanatical "Des Disciples." Hardly what I would call labelling someone, I didn't even mention any poster by their pseudonym. But I do apologise if I have inadvertently caused you an offence.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I agree but if we ever get to play full strength man I would hate to be the team that plays us.

seriously if we ever get to be full strength watch out NRL we are coming !!
These days no team is ever at full strength or very rarely. Eels and Penrith have had more luck than others with injuries. Their time will come.

Even before Cust was out we had a new halves pairing and no utility on the bench. Id alsi argue Cust’s defence would be more costly than Keppie at backrow.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16