PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

MATCH DAY

Sunday 23rd May 2021

Venue:.... Bankwest Stadium, Sydney

Gates Open:.... TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Parramatta Eels vs Manly Sea Eagles - 4:05pm

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
12. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
16. Sean Keppie
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Moses Suli
15. Zac Saddler - Development Player
17. Toafofoa Sipley
23. Karl Lawton

Reserves:

20. Christian Tuipulotu

Out:

18. Ben Trbojevic
19. Tevita Funa.
21. Jorge Taufua

Available But Not Selected:
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Sione Fainu - Development Player
  • Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
  • Kaeo Weekes - Development Player

Injured or Unavailable:
  • Cade Cust - (Leg, TBC)
  • Karl Lawton - (Achilles, round 11)
  • Dylan Walker - (hamstring, round 14)
  • Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 14)
  • Kieran Foran - (hand, round 14-15)
  • Jack Gosiewski - (ankle, round 17)
  • Josh Aloiai - (wrist, round 20)
  • Morgan Boyle - (shoulder, season)
  • Andrew Davey - (knee, season)
  • Manase Fainu - (stood down, indefinite)

This will be our first big litmus test since returning to form. Whilst not in the class of Storm and Penrith the squeels are the next in line. A win against them next week gives us plenty of reason to feel excited about our prospects this season. Another day game so happy days.

tumblr_prlnepQUku1rrkahjo3_540.gifv

tenor.gif

Biggest game of the year for us. What a way to set up a huge rivalry match. A nice long turnaround to get prepared for it. Even though we lost against Penrith two weeks ago we showed we have the ability to threaten these top teams. Now it's up to us to show that we can take down a top team. Show that we are a genuine premiership threat and not just flaunting with this easy draw we've been grabbing our wins with.

Ladder wise we have played 4 of the 6 teams above us and 4 (Dragons, Rorters, Panthers & Souths) of them touched us up on the scoreboard.

Ladder wise we have played 4 of the 6 teams above us and 4 (Dragons, Rorters, Panthers & Souths) of them touched us up on the scoreboard.
We had a Despicable-selected team when 'touched up' by Illawarra, Easts and Souffs.
We put up a credible performance against The 'Riff, the best team in the comp.
It's ironic that injuries have gifted us a better team than DESpicable's chosen 17.

We had a Despicable-selected team when 'touched up' by Illawarra, Easts and Souffs.
We put up a credible performance against The 'Riff, the best team in the comp.
It's ironic that injuries have gifted us a better team than DESpicable's chosen 17.
A big chance to beat one of top four teams, the second time around against the Panthers we were good.

Agree on the selections, the impact Harper, Sipley, Schuster and Guaca are having has been fantastic.

I despise this team more than any team in the comp. anything but a strong victory will be unacceptable! We will beat Parra next Sunday. I have no doubt!
I haven’t looked forward to a game as much as this one in years. I can’t stand them. I want us to destroy them. Annihilate them. Break out the fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7