PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

court83

Bencher
Don't like the changes.. had I known cust was out I prolly tip the eels...
Young cust replacing old foz doesn't change team dynamic that much..

Schuster to 5/8 means we lose the attacking flair having a ball playing backrower brings, and if Lawton plays it's a new hooker that's never played with the side.

Long term it will work out, but last minute against a team rolling like the eels?? I don't like it at all

Pete W

Bencher
Even before Cust was out we had a new halves pairing and no utility on the bench. Id alsi argue Cust’s defence would be more costly than Keppie at backrow.
The new halves pairing point is not really relevant as both teams have to deal with this. The question is, is this team without Cust, and instead Lawton, a stronger line-up? Possibly one day. But I'd have to disagree with respect to this week. Can you remember Panthers first try at Bathurst? - very costly from Keppie (absolutely love the guy, and he does a great job but let's be honest, he is a prop). And can anyone argue that Marty coming off the bench isn't a stronger option for Manly than him starting these days? And Lawton may take a couple of weeks to get going, gel, and game fitness etc

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
These days no team is ever at full strength or very rarely. Eels and Penrith have had more luck than others with injuries. Their time will come.
Got any gum?

Well we will now see how the Shoe goes at 5/8

And I’m excited to see how Lawton goes although a big ask coming in for your first game against the red hot Eels.

Jeez we can’t take a trick with injuries can we.
The Shoe has been on fire so I would expect it to continue in his favored position.

The worms will need to hot foot it to keep tabs on all that will be going on.

But all the worms Hot Feet won't be a match for the Shoes Fire.

Keppie has issues in his lateral movements defensively. Lawton hasn't played a 1st grade game all year, and never played with this team. Schuster moving from the position he is best suited imo... definitely not a stronger team. Our bench is now considerably weaker too, as marty and paseka will now start together, as opposed to having a serious and experienced forward coming on for stability and impact. If Keppie is starting left 2nd rower, then that is a totally new combination that most likely will struggle re defensive understanding: Keppie-Schuster-Parker. I hope I'm wrong
As someone else suggested I'd say Des was always gonna play Schuster at 5/8 and Keppie to backrow. Really the only change is Lawton for Cust

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if Des shuffles the team around with Croker to 6, Schuster to right edge, Keppie staring prop with Tent, Lawton at 9 and Marty impact off the bench.
Experiment with the team, like the first time we played Parra at Wankfest? That worked out well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16