PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Todays game is a real test of our discipline. The hoards of whinging worm fans will be moaning for penalties and resets all game and we need to keep the ball well, complete our sets and build pressure.

With the crackdown on head high tackles care needs to be taken.

Their strength is their pack and we must match them, We need to watch their back 3 who are dangerous on kick returns.

I would bomb their left wing and give Saab every chance as Sivo is vulnerable under the high ball when defending. We must put some heat on Moses as he is their main kicker and gets them lots of resets and creates chances. Reed Mahoney is another big danger around the ruck and he needs to be contained as much as possible.

I think today that with Schuster at 5/8 that Tom will spend more time on our left side attack today injecting himself to make up for the shortfall with Foran out.

It is going to be a big test for the team. No one expects much today from us so we have nothing to lose and huge incentive to knock them over on their own patch.

KaZa

Bencher
Looking forward to this one. Think we will win. Shuey.. back in the six is exciting. I just hope he doesn't overplay with the no look passes and kicks on second. Don't have to score off every play to be great. Think we will miss his defence in the second row though. His defence has been surprisingly really good in first grade.

JBW

Reserve Grader
Massive game, there will be Sin Bins no doubt, the key will be who takes most advantage of the overlaps..you HAVE to score one try minimum while the other team is short, it's turned into an Ice Hockey power play.

Heading to the game with the wife and Kids, all are Parra fans as I stupidly married into the west...come one boys, save me a night of pain!!

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
probably the most excited i’ve been about a regular season game for a while.

we were good against penrith without winning. if we can beat parra we might just have a chance to go deep in september

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't watch. Plus, I'm the mock.

So as a public service, I'll be at the SCG watching Sydney FC.

The whingeing worms are my most hated team. I take great comfort in the misery they have experienced over the last 35 years. Long may it continue.

We have everything against us. It'll be a famous win if we can pull it off.

Last edited:

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Heading to the game with the wife and Kids, all are Parra fans as I stupidly married into the west...
You poor barsted, were you p1ssed, on drugs or otherwise incapacitated when you decided that was a good idea.

Only jokes enjoy the day with the family specially after the Eagles peck those Eels to peices

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Bob Fulton enough motivation right there to win today if for nothing else.

Still in shock hearing that news did not realise he was in such bad health shape
Wouldn't blame them for being out of sorts today. Des and the support staff and those that had more to do with Bozo will be deeply effected as I imagine the players.
Can go either way, minds just not on football, trying to hard to get a win for Bozo or channelling his passion and win at all cost attitude.
Sad sad day let's hope the players do the later but will understand the former.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Looking forward to this one. Think we will win. Shuey.. back in the six is exciting. I just hope he doesn't overplay with the no look passes and kicks on second. Don't have to score off every play to be great. Think we will miss his defence in the second row though. His defence has been surprisingly really good in first grade.
agree, plus his ball playing out wide. Been a revolution as an edge back rower for us this year, something we have not had for ages.

Im already over the sin bins in the last 2 weeks. Yet, again NRL so over reactive from their stuff up up during the parra game.

Yes, maybe some deserve to go to bin, but a tackle hitting the ball, slipping up and slightly collecting the chin accidentally is not a send off but yet it seems any touch to the head even accidental will see the player binned. The crusher also becoming farcical. That penalty does my head in when its so faked to milk a penalty

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18