• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His performance tonight sums it up for me. Hope he stays with Manly for life.
Blokes inspiring to his team mates… and supporters.

Topped the runs with 14 hit ups.
Highest post contact metres out of the forwards.
31 tackles.

What an effort.

Love him.
Yeah agree.....just wish he'd play like he did tonight for Manly!

In Cherry's defence (which is not something I say often these days), Munster did sweet FA as well. It's hard for a half to put an imprint on the game when the pack is getting pummelled.
So, why the farrrk do we pay these halves soooo much cap space if it’s actuaullly the forwards doing the work? If that’s how it is. Cut the halves expenditure in half and invest in forwards that will lay a platform consistently. Common sense right?

He does mate. Every week. Bleeds maroon and white.

At Manlys his role is slightly different.

Maybe needs to switch to prop and just run?
He showed in the game last night he needs to be in the Prop rotation! He's not a Lock full stop. Next season I'd be starting Jake & Aloai, Olakau'atu & Tuilagi with Lawton at Lock, Schuster at 1/2 with DCE at 5/8! Tom, Saab, Koula, Tuipulotu, Garrick. Bench...depends who's available but Fainu, Paseka, Sipley, Bullemore.

I don't know why. But I have always pictured Luke Brooks one day wearing our sea Eagles jersey.
3ohzdEo7j242UsNTe8.gif

We waste a lot of Jake's go forward using him as a ball distributor. It seems to have transitioned from great little plays with Tommy from time to time. It worked because he did it from time to time. Trying to morph him into a ball player has been a huge mistake. Last night confirmed the best place for Jake to be played is back in the front row. He was enormous in defence and just kept coming with hit ups. Whilst he doesn't often bend the line early he just keeps on coming and eventually he starts roll up the middle. Huge motor for a guy that plays well over his weight. Jake is not quick enough to play lock pure and simple. I'm glad to see that he has become a little more disciplined and doesn't concede as many penalties as he was doing. I categorize Jake and Finnane as the same class of forward. Every pack needs at least one and is very fortunate to have two. He never stops trying. Jake is our engine room.

We waste a lot of Jake's go forward using him as a ball distributor. It seems to have transitioned from great little plays with Tommy from time to time. It worked because he did it from time to time. Trying to morph him into a ball player has been a huge mistake. Last night confirmed the best place for Jake to be played is back in the front row. He was enormous in defence and just kept coming with hit ups. Whilst he doesn't often bend the line early he just keeps on coming and eventually he starts roll up the middle. Huge motor for a guy that plays well over his weight. Jake is not quick enough to play lock pure and simple. I'm glad to see that he has become a little more disciplined and doesn't concede as many penalties as he was doing. I categorize Jake and Finnane as the same class of forward. Every pack needs at least one and is very fortunate to have two. He never stops trying. Jake is our engine room.
I don't think Jurbo has broken a tackle all year, but he is the best defender in the comp and so I agree he should return to the Manly front row and we use The Shoe as a lock. I know the obvious replacement at lock would be Walker but he would be a risk if we expect him to last 80 minutes.

He showed in the game last night he needs to be in the Prop rotation! He's not a Lock full stop. Next season I'd be starting Jake & Aloai, Olakau'atu & Tuilagi with Lawton at Lock, Schuster at 1/2 with DCE at 5/8! Tom, Saab, Koula, Tuipulotu, Garrick. Bench...depends who's available but Fainu, Paseka, Sipley, Bullemore.
That team will have us in the top 4 all year .

Another example of either flat track bully or go missing captain goose. Such a fraud.
Played behind a badly beaten team. Thought his first half was pretty good and Cobbo should have given him a try assist. Not sure there was a lot more he could do once NSW got on a massive roll. Reflect back to game 1 when he outpointed Cleary in a close fought match. p.s. I was at 4 Pines when the Cowboys rolled all over us at the end so I am no DCE fan boy BUT I don't think he cost QLD the game. Kaufusi sin binning and some very poor play by Cobbo started the rut.

I don't think Jurbo has broken a tackle all year, but he is the best defender in the comp and so I agree he should return to the Manly front row and we use The Shoe as a lock. I know the obvious replacement at lock would be Walker but he would be a risk if we expect him to last 80 minutes.
And Walker won’t be with us next year, time to look towards improvement, with next year in mind as well, Shoe should be tried at 13, with Jake to 10.

Who do we play at 6 Croker or Latu Fainu ??
I hope with the proposed cap increase and freeing up some dollars from Marty, Walks, Boyle and others, will allow us to go into the market, I might be dreaming, but Burton, Munster will be available.

Are you thinking Manse will be back in 9 next year? Even if he is, I think we will need to run with 2 9’s to be competitive, all the leading teams are doing it, the origin sides also proved the point, beyond argument.

We can run with Manse if he makes it back, for mine Froggy has proved he is a 9, the 2 of them can do the job or maybe Frog is given a run at 7, Chez‘s plays the second 9, if we can‘t go to market for a 6 then yes Latu, providing it’s not Shoe, who I think we have to try there first if we have no cap space available, (and seriously consider him as a 13 in the meantime) maybe even Weeks could be tried, if Latu is not ready, we have to look at our options because the current status quo hasn‘t proved to be the right approach.

Last edited:
He’s nowhere near players like Kikau or Radley or Murray who are on far less. J

Not to hijack the discussion here....but am I the only one who thinks the hype around Radley is well overblown?

The reputation far outweighs the output IMO.

I mean good player but I think a few big hits and a larrikin personality have the media frothing over him and I just dont think he is in that top echelon yet.

I mean in 10 games (comparison player also 10) he is averaging 64m (75m) a game with 30 (25) tackles and one miss (1)

Overall in those 10 games he has 1 try (0), 1 try assist (1) 2 line breaks (1), 6 tackle busts (6) and 2 offloads (3)....he also has 6 errors (1) and 7 penalties conceded (0).

Now the above comparision player is Matt Eisenhuth....

Now stats dont show the full picture and I certainly don't think Eisenhuth is as good as Radley but I do certainly think he is way over hyped

I hope with the proposed cap increase and freeing up some dollars from Marty, Walks, Boyle will allow us to go into the market, I might be dreaming, but Burton, Munster will be available.

Are you thinking Manse will be back in 9 next year? Even if he is, I think we will need to run with 2 9’s to be competitive, all the leading teams are doing it, the origin sides also proved the point, beyond argument.

We can run with Manse if he makes it back, for mine Froggy has proved he can play 9, the 2 of them can do the job or maybe Frog is given a run at 7, Chez‘s plays the second 9, if we can‘t go to market for a 6 then yes Latu, providing it’s not Shoe, who I think we have to try there first if we have no cap space available, (and seriously consider him as a 13 in the meantime) maybe even Weeks could be tried, if Latu is not ready, we have to look at our options because the current status quo hasn‘t proved to be the right approach.
Who is this Boyle you speak of?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4