• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not to hijack the discussion here....but am I the only one who thinks the hype around Radley is well overblown?

The reputation far outweighs the output IMO.

I mean good player but I think a few big hits and a larrikin personality have the media frothing over him and I just dont think he is in that top echelon yet.

I mean in 10 games (comparison player also 10) he is averaging 64m (75m) a game with 30 (25) tackles and one miss (1)

Overall in those 10 games he has 1 try (0), 1 try assist (1) 2 line breaks (1), 6 tackle busts (6) and 2 offloads (3)....he also has 6 errors (1) and 7 penalties conceded (0).

Now the above comparision player is Matt Eisenhuth....

Now stats dont show the full picture and I certainly don't think Eisenhuth is as good as Radley but I do certainly think he is way over hyped
Agree Re Radley being a touch overrated.

He's obviously a very good player but I don't necessarily feel like he has gotten better the last couple of years. He burst onto the scene but for me he has flatlined since then.

If Fainu came back and somehow miraculously could play like he used to, I'd like to see Croker in the halves with DCE and Schuster go to lock.
I mentioned that a while back and it wasn’t very well received here, I’m also going to stick with idea we have to play 2 9’s, due to the speed of the game, play 2 9’s or we’ll fail to compete with the top sides.

He plays middle forward, 8, 10 or 13 makes no difference.
The thing is, it shouldn't but wearing 13 these days seems to come with a disclaimer of not taking hit ups. All we hear about is the "ball playing lock forward" with Yeo as the benchmark.
Seems to be a link or ball player type role rather than taking the metres that may be on offer, it's like the halves dig into the line more than the lock does.

The thing is, it shouldn't but wearing 13 these days seems to come with a disclaimer of not taking hit ups. All we hear about is the "ball playing lock forward" with Yeo as the benchmark.
Seems to be a link or ball player type role rather than taking the metres that may be on offer, it's like the halves dig into the line more than the lock does.
That is just perceptions from outsiders. Middle forwards all play varied roles, including but not limited to; hard yards, quick PTB, defensive workhorse, deceptive lines, late footwork, ball playing, offloads, line speed and support play.

A good pack has all these elements but where you get them from is flexible.

A ball playing, defensive workhorse with line speed, a quick PTB, capable of tough carries and 80 min is just as valuable in 13, 8 or 10. Jake is our most consistent player and the number on his back will make no difference.

fair point, I guess it is more down to the point do or will manly have a good eough front row forward(s) that leans towards putting Jake at lock, or get a more dynamic lock which leans to putting jake at prop.

Im starting to think jake at prop if Schuster can fill the role, or another Yeo/Murray type is around.

If Fainu came back and somehow miraculously could play like he used to, I'd like to see Croker in the halves with DCE and Schuster go to lock.
Latu Fainu will be our long term 6. Not sure if he can play 7? Can see Croker at 13 if M Fainu returns. Or will M Fainu be the 14.

Just watched replay of storm game in 2014. Manly squandered a lead to end the game at 22 all. In extra time at 82mins, manly are setting up nicely for a field goal after Chayse Blair was held up on 2nd tackle.
Ball goes to DCE and he throws a ridiculous pass to Dunamis Lui who had over run the play.
To have a cool headed half back again....

What are the odds of Cherry having a blinder and leading Manly to victory tonight? Would love it to be otherwise, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "slim". And that in itself is a problem.

I assume that means we will be tied at full time and the overpaid prat will kick one of his infamous golden point fgs?
That will do nicely!
Overpaid?! Probably, but hey, there'd be quite a few on here who are overpaid for what they do as well. If your club wants to pay him that maybe you should focus your anger that way.

That will do nicely!
Overpaid?! Probably, but hey, there'd be quite a few on here who are overpaid for what they do as well. If your club wants to pay him that maybe you should focus your anger that way.
Nah, not angry. Why would I poison my own system for that part. Just sharing straight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4