Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't even try to compare that rorting organisation with a professional champion club like the Hawks. Hawthorn are everything I wish we would build into, and there are no paper bags involved. Sustained professionalism through decades and none of the ridiculous faction self-destruction stuff we suffer

Don't worry about him, my guess is he is a Geelong, Swans, Essendon or Carlton supporter. One of these four, no doubt...I wonder if he can inform me of any BIG name the Hawks have signed over the last 15 years. This should be fun...

Expect Melbourne to make a play for Taupau now that they have missed out on Pangai Jr. Hearing he was their second target. Parra also interested. Might be the hold up with Hayne's contract.
The ONLY way that could occur is with massive compensation coming back the other way. Also, once again:

+ Gorman denied it (even at members event);
+ Taupau denied it (many, many times);
+ Roosters denied it publicly;
+ Buzz, Kent & Ikin denied it;
+ His partner denied to me on Twitter;
+ He personally liked a comment about it.

Why this keeps getting recycled any time there's half decent news, is beyond me.

Now you have him to Melbourne (who just paid massive dollars to Munster), and Parra (who are looking at shedding players given their last 18 months acquisitions), Ferguson, Moses and many others.

Come ON guys, why do we keep feeding the media trolls and hype about this crap?

Expect Melbourne to make a play for Taupau now that they have missed out on Pangai Jr. Hearing he was their second target. Parra also interested. Might be the hold up with Hayne's contract.
Could be right, but with Hayne I reckon the holdup is that he prob wants 700 or more but he’s worth 300.

Marty has maintained all along that he doesn’t want to go anywhere... why are so many people posting like he’s Already got both feet his in Bondi? He will be an absolute beast next season with Des lighting fires under his arse before each game. I’m hoping Dessie boy is already making calls to the players he wants to let them know they are loved. Des Hasler has NEVER had any problems when it comes to getting the best out of his forwards. And that (along with a massive improvement in fitness) excites me more than anything tbh... AFB, Marty, Paseka, Siro, Thompson, Jake, Tanginoa, Waddell... these forwards have the potential to destroy opposition sides...Forget about the last three years under the SuperCoach because Barrett would have difficulties firing up a bonfire with ten canisters of gasoline on the drought stricken plains of the Sahara farkin Desert.

Des will motivate kapow. I can see him being an absolute weapon under Des.

Not sure Des is allowed to contact the players before 5 Nov. I dont know what the full scope is but the RPLA guidelines have some provisions about contacting players during the holiday period. Des mentioned it at the press conference.

Des will motivate kapow. I can see him being an absolute weapon under Des.

Not sure Des is allowed to contact the players before 5 Nov. I dont know what the full scope is but the RPLA guidelines have some provisions about contacting players during the holiday period. Des mentioned it at the press conference.
This is des you’re talking about. He’ll be in touch, visiting, calling, texting. Rules shmools

Wasn't Marty at the dogs when des started there. What happened, why did he leave the dogs
From memory was a young guy not getting game time,was a ticking time bomb with anger issues and got a big contract offer that Dogs could not match,like a lot of players at Dogs.Has calmed down a lot....and become an elite player now,not a bench player/part time reserve grader.A lot of people seem to forget that 7 years ago when Des started at the Dogs he was just a 21 year old and left at 23 still a part time player(many players here left as part time players too,but some people don't worry about facts....)

Last edited:
I was joking around about Marty with a Director of the Roosters and I was told Roosters lost interest in him because Marty wanted to honour his contract with Manly first, and was only interested in what was next. They didn't want to wait and if he didn't change his mind it wouldn't happen.

At least Marty appreciates loyalty to a contract and good on him. Rare in these times. Bet you now he has a "BIG" season! to add value to the next contract.

When marty stated that we would win the comp earlier this year, we all missed the fine print
In 2019 it said

Especially thompson, being a Manly supporter I can see him looking up to des and really lifting.
Hopefully becoming the forward leader we all see in him.
Agree. If DCE wasn't the marquee player he is, I could easily see Thompson bringing passion to the leadership role if he was given it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7