Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If des does that then he shouldn't be given the responsibility of recruiting for us
The noise about Foran is getting louder... he will need to raise the money somehow and replace a front rower in the process. Kasiano is not wanted in Melbourne and played for Des pretty much his entire career. I’m not saying I agree with it.

The noise about Foran is getting louder... he will need to raise the money somehow and replace a front rower in the process. Kasiano is not wanted in Melbourne and played for Des pretty much his entire career. I’m not saying I agree with it.
This is one rumour I do to be not true
Foz thanks for the memories but not thanks on you coming back.
Give Cade Cust a go or even consider Kane elegy who we just bought.
Foz is too big of a risk whatever the relationship and history with Des and DCE.

If des does that then he shouldn't be given the responsibility of recruiting for us
Surely he isn't responsible for recruiting! Isn't that Crusher's department now?!

I read somewhere Des wants to keep Marty and is unlikely to offload him, so I wish this rumour was put to bed one and for all.

I could see letting Marty go ending up being an astute roster management decision, but not if Foran is one of the players we buy with the free cash.

This is one rumour I do to be not true
Foz thanks for the memories but not thanks on you coming back.
Give Cade Cust a go or even consider Kane elegy who we just bought.
Foz is too big of a risk whatever the relationship and history with Des and DCE.
I'd be a bit nervous if I was Elegy.
Just don't see him as a des type.
Cust yes.
Even Croker if fit is more the Dessie type.
Foz return could be more real than I thought...

Some of the rumours above cause me some uneasiness ... but then I remember that until a couple of weeks ago virtually no players were being linked to our club, so this is actually an improvement

He wont be going any where . Dez loves to build he side on forwards and defence. Wont be moving along one the best forwards in the game who will thrive under Dez.

We need wingers badly!! They are too important in today's game. They have to score crazy tries, defend and save tries, defuse bombs, make meters running out from their own end, provide an x factor (game breaking ability) Imagine we would get someone like semi. Now that is a player i would be excited about.

Would love to see this kid anderson we have turn into something special. he is talented

Some on here may not agree with me on this but I'm not really too fussed if we lose him or not. His cover defence is horrible and was found out on many occasions last season. Under Des he will most likely clean up his errors with the ball but he was very costly for us in defence.
I would rather a great defensive forward making 8m a hit up than one that is damaging with the ball but terrible in cover defence. Will end up costing us in a big moment

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/9wesvb/rumourtheory_martin_taupau_is_about_to_sign_for/

Got to be honest it actually sounds like he’s gone this time, very, very strange if he does in fact jet off to Super League. Must be a whopper deal.

Disappointing but our pack has evolved beyond NEEDING him. We need to spend in the backline and balance this side, so I’m surprisingly ok with this if true. A good move to get rid of someone who doesn’t want in, and wants even more money than he already has

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting rumour, seems that there might be a bit of smoke there if you piece all that twitter action together

We'd be mad to let him go IMO, so much of our game plan was centered around his second phase ball. When he was off the field we struggled. So unless Des has some new attacking plans in the pipeline I can't see the sense in releasing him unless we have a rolled gold replacement lined up.

I have a feeling that Des might try and offload Marty to clear the $900k... and use the money to bring in Kasiano and Foran.
What suggests that these two players are even targeted, other than the blind aiming media, especially Kasiano?

Everyone knows we need backline players, they’ll be bought first. Kasiano no chance, I’ll put my life on it. Foz is media wet dream, and most likely not happening either

Interesting post their on twitter, but then again it can all be BS.

I hope we keep Marty as he is an important part of our attack, but cant blame the club if they wanted to free up cash. He is on alot of coin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6