Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So barrett is leaving , so marty wanting out isnt because the coach.
Team factions again id reckon. Faaaark me , when will we bite the bullett , grow a pair and fix those responsible
Marty does his job and id presume he expects other players especially those on big dollar to do the same. How much data does anyone need to identify the issues. If i was marty or afb, slogging it up the guts all day to watch others half arse there responsabilities I would go beserk, but those that already have tried that, have been moved on so i suppose bowing out is the sensible thing to do
Adios big bopper.
I thought Marty was signed till the end of the 2020 season... I also thought Toddy and the NRL created a no approach to be made rule until a player is in the final year of his contract. Can someone explain to me how the Roosters are allowed to make their “arms length” third party offer?

I thought Marty was signed till the end of the 2020 season... I also thought Toddy and the NRL created a no approach to be made rule until a player is in the final year of his contract. Can someone explain to me how the Roosters are allowed to make their “arms length” third party offer?
If a player is given permission to 'look around' then there is no issue.

Kapow has been reported as having a failed TPA, so we can't blame him for going.

So barrett is leaving , so marty wanting out isnt because the coach.
Team factions again id reckon. Faaaark me , when will we bite the bullett , grow a pair and fix those responsible
Marty does his job and id presume he expects other players especially those on big dollar to do the same. How much data does anyone need to identify the issues. If i was marty or afb, slogging it up the guts all day to watch others half arse there responsabilities I would go beserk, but those that already have tried that, have been moved on so i suppose bowing out is the sensible thing to do
Adios big bopper.

His limp defensive efforts cost us at least two games last year. Slade Griffin powered his way through big Marty at Brookie with Manly leading at the time and I think it was Isaac Liu scoring a crucial try for the Roosters at the SFS by just half heartedly running at Taupau who obliged in letting him score.

I think it’s more likely blokes on less coin pissed off he doesn’t put his body on the line in defence.

At least Napa has a go in defence. Manly’s brilliant sides were based on brutal defence, Taupau’s is non-existent.

roosters.jpg
This says it all
roosters.jpg

Kapow has been reported as having a failed TPA, so we can't blame him for going.
Dont you love the irony of how we were found to have “guaranteed” TPAs to players yet even though a number of players have allegedly had TPAs fall through, no player has successfully sought to rely on the supposed “guarantee” from the club by seeking to enforce it. Presumably it’s because there is no guarantee at law.

On Marty and the TPA, I must admit, if I went to a club and there was a TPA associated with my move (agreed at arm’s length without any knowledge of the club (my hypothetical manager would be exceptional at sourcing third party deals completely within the “rules” established by the NRLE)) I would be pissed if I wasn’t paid. That would assume that I actually performed the services required of me under the TPA such that I upheld my end of the bargain. But if I did uphold my end of the bargain and was not paid, I could always go off to court seeking damages for breach of contract.

if the rumours are true that Marty was shopped without his knowledge, I wouldn’t hold it against him if he wanted out. I think some good could come of a trade but it would be pretty poor form to shop one of your under contract players without their knowledge. It never hurts to be upfront.

I’m not fussed if Marty goes or not. Sure he makes plenty of metres. But his defence isn’t the greatest and he can make an error or push the wrong offload. I don’t know if he gets the club culture either, he seems very into himself and it’s all about him. I look at AFB and he’s someone I’d much rather have in the team.

However, it’s a joke how the roosters can continue to sign player’s especially someone of the caliber of Marty. I’ve never seen premiership winners sign top line players directly after a gf win. What a joke.

All for not keeping players at Manly who want out
Thing is, with changes in coaches and improved results, this all changes quickly
As for this “swap” idea.
Kapow s charged over the past 2 years have been the highlight of Manly along with some individual Tom T magic.
Napa has zero impact with the ball - hits harder in defence, often with his head - the swap is like Cliff Lyons(1987) for Brock Lamb....I don’t get it.
If we are talking Taumololo I can get it.

Would seem a retrograde move letting Marty go at present and taking into account the calibre and depth level of the Manly forward stocks right now, especially with no Lane in the pack next season . . T P A "s may be a different matter but can not really see how Marty would receive much more cap related money elsewhere . . Would definitely seem a weakened Manly pack with out Marty for next season . Would be a different matter if there were ready made and suitable replacements for him right now and which is clearly not the case .

I still haven't got over the fact we let Shaun Lane go..What a pathetic decision not to come up with a bigger offer to retain him.. A blame Trent B for that decision.

Last edited:
Much like what the dogs had to do this year with woods and Mybe it might be about taking a step backwards to eventually go forwards (free up cap space etc)

I hope he stays. I like Marty.

The big name players at the roosters I can think of are:
JWH
Fergo
Mitchell
Crock
Twopoos
Friend
Tedesco
Keary
Cordner
Napa
Frank-Paul Can't spell his name
Aubusson

Now I know there's mixed income in there but look at Manly's quality players on only -330.000 in the cap:
Turbo x 2
Cherry
Api
Walker

And the chooks want Marty??? Fair dinkum.

Todd's line, "The most even competition in the world. Anyone can win on any given day."
What utter BS. No wonder fans are turning away unless they go for donkeys, rorters, drizzle etc. The divide is huge.

Gotta take a man on his word. All Tapow has said countless times is 'no I'm not leaving', so until it happens I believe him.

That's what he's saying to the papers for PR purposes. But he when the cameras aren' t rolling the words "I cant wait to get out of the place " is the far more accurate statement that has come out of his mouth. He's making no secret of it. He's going, sooner or later.

As previously reported, Tapau's 2019 portion of his contract with us is 850k. I can see us letting him go to save $ but I can't see another team paying that much for him. Us paying some of his freight to move him on would be absurd.

I hope he stays. I like Marty.

JWH
Fergo
Mitchell
Crock
Twopoos
Friend
Tedesco
Keary
Cordner
Napa
Aubusson

Now I know there's mixed income in there but look at Manly's quality players on only -330.000 in the cap:
Turbo x 2
Cherry
Api
Walker

And the chooks want Marty??? Fair dinkum.

Todd's line, "The most even competition in the world. Anyone can win on any given day."
What utter BS. No wonder fans are turning away unless they go for donkeys, rorters, drizzle etc. The divide is huge.
This kind of "rich get richer" mentality is killing the game. Fans don't want the Roosters to be a super team as television ratings re Grand Final indicated on Sunday night. Likewise, Melbourne Storm does not interest majority of fans much either unless they play a team fans actually support.

JWH
Fergo
Mitchell
Crock
Twopoos
Friend
Tedesco
Keary
Cordner
Napa
Aubusson
You forgot about...:
Taukeaho (Tonga star, a gun player)
Manu (now a NZ international)
Liu (NZ international)
Victor Radley (future SOO player, seems like the real deal)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2