Robert Jennings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is a dumb thread now.

Cutting a raft of juniors with potential makes no sense for three reasons:

1 - they are in waiting, meaning they are on the cusp of being ready and therefore we don't know how good they could turn out to be yet...that's going off before acceptances

2 - every squad is made up 30 players so if you cut 10- 12 budget players to buy 3 good ones, tell me how we'll have a squad of 30 that fit under the cap?

3 - Every team (even the Roosters) have players on the fringe, it's impossible not to under the cap rules...it's not a tactic of the club to buy cut price players, cross their fingers and hope...it's the nature of the cap. We have DCE, Walker, Taupau and the Turbos on big coin and that's why our squad is not littered with 30 superstars, not because the club has a tactic to sign cutprice garbage to upset its members.

Where the club has gone wrong To an extent, is guys like Sipley, Perrett and Winterstein are on too much money as fringe players which is why they get shopped around. If they'd come good, the recruitment team would be the toast of the town but they haven't played their best football. It's important to remember that if they are cut, a player of the same calibre will be signed, not an international like we hope. It's all part of the perpetual cycle of filling a squad with depth.

Stop it .... your commonsense is interferring with mindless rants .....

100% agree mate - Menzies, Watmough, Stewarts and others stayed for far less.
The difference here Stevo, is the players City sign are not part of their culture and have are not staying for that bond been built like the players mentioned.
Tedesco, Cronk, Creighton are from clubs they have been for years....those Manly players built their career at Manly, which is a different picture imo.
Some stay for a bond. Other stay for success. Some stay for both. End of the day if they are taking less for success who are we to critisise? The Roosters are the most audited club in the league.

If people think that we can win a premiership on the back of waiting and hoping year after year that these cut price reserve graders and outcasts from other clubs are going to come good then we may as well get Trent back and play Perrett at Fullback.

IMO, unless you are a proven performer or an up and coming superstar, you are here on a 1 year (2 years at the absolute max) contract and if you don't perform within that timeframe then you are out.

Good luck signing a proven performer or an up and coming superstar on a 1 year contract .....

This is a dumb thread now.

Cutting a raft of juniors with potential makes no sense for three reasons:

1 - they are in waiting, meaning they are on the cusp of being ready and therefore we don't know how good they could turn out to be yet...that's going off before acceptances

2 - every squad is made up 30 players so if you cut 10- 12 budget players to buy 3 good ones, tell me how we'll have a squad of 30 that fit under the cap?

3 - Every team (even the Roosters) have players on the fringe, it's impossible not to under the cap rules...it's not a tactic of the club to buy cut price players, cross their fingers and hope...it's the nature of the cap. We have DCE, Walker, Taupau and the Turbos on big coin and that's why our squad is not littered with 30 superstars, not because the club has a tactic to sign cutprice garbage to upset its members.

Where the club has gone wrong To an extent, is guys like Sipley, Perrett and Winterstein are on too much money as fringe players which is why they get shopped around. If they'd come good, the recruitment team would be the toast of the town but they haven't played their best football. It's important to remember that if they are cut, a player of the same calibre will be signed, not an international like we hope. It's all part of the perpetual cycle of filling a squad with depth.
Your points are all valid. However, These fringe players and potential players you speak of are Trent "Mediocre" Barretts' players. Des will have a very VERY different idea of what players he wants at the club in 2020. You can be sure as **** that constant under-performers will not be here.

Exactly my what i said you moron

MY apologies ... I missed the "unless" .... however can I suggest you spread your legs .. bend over .. and gently remove that pineapple from your arrse ....it appears to be causing you anger issues ..... try repacing it with a heated vaginal rock ...

I guess another thing to add is this...

How many successful clubs appear to be in cap trouble, floundering with a poor roster and no prospects for signing anything of note, but winning games and premierships?
None!

Why?

Because their roster looks good because they are playing well!

Our roster looks poor because we are playing poorly.
It's all about perception!

Take Souths as example.

They had a terrible year in 2017. The Burgess twins were shopped, Walker and Reynolds were spent, their backs were thin and their coach was sacked. According to fans and the media, they needed a clean out badly.

A new coach got them playing well and all of the sudden they have a million dollar 9 in Damien Cook, a lethal halves combination, a premier front row and a fit and firing GI.

My point is, our roster looks thin and poor because that's how we played. If Des gets them going, we could be fighting off other clubs to keep a lot of this trash that people want to cut.

MY apologies ... I missed the "unless" .... however can I suggest you spread your legs .. bend over .. and gently remove that pineapple from your arrse ....it appears to be causing you anger issues ..... try repacing it with a heated vaginal rock ...
Yeah righto i'll borrow one off your Mrs. She says you don't satisfy her.

$$$$$[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind Stevo, whether DCE dropping his price or not, it was well known fact there were back ended contracts regardless, to keep that squad together....Roosters seem to have no issue and still linked to every big name player on top of their roster??
Also the team was made up of unwanted players like Robertson, Le'strange, Bryant, Hall ect where Roosters will have representative players on the sidelines that would walk into most NRL sides.
If every NRL club had Shubert under the wing there would be zero salary cap breaches or TPA problems.,,,,that part is smart from Politis/Roosters.

Was it hidden to all 3 or 4 previous clubs also ?
I understand what you are saying but injuries have not helped his progress , but as @Stevo has said he has a one year contract to prove his worth .
High level Perfomance means everything and contracts mean jack sht .Every player including the ones that are signed are not safe at the end of next season if we see another 2018 debauchery year .

New 2019 Season . New Manly Moto ..
Winning Is Everything.jpg

Last edited:
Keep in mind Stevo, whether DCE dropping his price or not, it was well known fact there were back ended contracts regardless, to keep that squad together....Roosters seem to have no issue and still linked to every big name player on top of their roster??
Also the team was made up of unwanted players like Robertson, Le'strange, Bryant, Hall ect where Roosters will have representative players on the sidelines that would walk into most NRL sides.
If every NRL club had Shubert under the wing there would be zero salary cap breaches or TPA problems.,,,,that part is smart from Politis/Roosters.

Roosters don't have rep players on the sideline mate. I think that your main point should be that players like Robertson, Le'strange, Bryant, and Hall came here for not much and played out of their skins and won themselves a premiership.

I saw a facebook memory of mine the other day. At that point we had 11 rep players.

Yeah righto i'll borrow one off your Mrs. She says you don't satisfy her.

What .... you got school kids writing your comebacks ....

... and PSS .... good luck to anyone who thinks they can satisfy that woman .. I tried everything from aromatic oils to swinging from the chandolier wearing a werewolf mask while swinging a live kitty cat over my head ......

Last edited:
We are playing poorly because our roster is poor
Then explain why Souths were poor in 2017 and explosive in 2018 with the same roster?

I'm not trying to say that we have a perfect roster or a roster that is equal to the Roosters, of course there are things that need to be tweaked and additions to be made but the nucleus of a good squad is there. Two of NSW and Australia's best young players, one of the games premier props, the best upcoming prop in the game (AFB), the current Australian halfback and some decent middle of the road players in Thompson, Koroisau, Elgey and co.

If Des gets them playing as a team, they can at least make it to September and then over the next year or two there will be the odd change here and there and it will build. Rome wasn't built in day and the salary cap makes it difficult to clean out and start from scratch. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last major rebuild that led to success in the NRL.

Also, how's Craig Bellamy going with three stars and a raft of potential every year?

What .... you got school kids writing your comebacks ....

... and PSS .... good luck to anyone who thinks they can satisfy that woman .. I tried everything from aromatic oils to swinging from the chandolier wearing a werewolf mask and swinging a life kitty cat over my head ......

Try a Hello Kitty. Seems to work on my Japanese Sex Doll. She can't get enough of it.

Mainly, so we can acquire 2-3 quality players, rather than a raft of reserve grade talent hoping they develop, or succeed.

Basically, the way Des built it the first time around is my preference.

You know how rare it is that no names (and players that actually have already failed to cut the mustard at other clubs - Elliott, Garrick & others), actually then make it at another club at an appropriate level.

I get the kids we've pilfered off other teams because they are raw standouts in the lower grades, but none of these guys really are of that ilk. They are players looking for opportunity, based on our lack of depth.

Again, take Walker out of our backline, and list your 1-7, and explain to me how that will be competitive.

Also, I have 0 faith in our acquisition ability in the past 2-3 years. The one highlight (Kelly) is now gone. Thompson is great, but he has maybe 1-2 years before retirement, and is on good coin.

It's going to take Crusher / Des time to rebuild.

Then, while you're singing the praises of all these untested, or looking for oppiopporty types, consider this:

01. James Tedesco
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Latrell Mitchell
04. Joseph Manu / Mitchell Aubusson
05. Brett Morris / Ryan Hall
06. Luke Keary / Brock Lamb / Victor Radley
07. Cooper Cronk

THIS, guys is what we are facing next season, so while I hear names like Brendan Elliott, Reuben Garrick, Tevita Funa, Lachlan Croker, Jorge Taufua and Moses Suli, I do think there is cause for alarm.

Therefore, set the bar accordingly. Take the season as a building year. Enjoy it for what it is. We aren't going to compete with teams like Brisbane, Melbourne and The Chooks, no matter how rose coloured we are, and regardless of the fact our forwards are up there with the best in the league (in my opinion).

I wonder how many years in a row that they keep winning GF after GF with teams like this will it take for Greenslime to be shown up for what this really is!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8