Robert Jennings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So if Kelly wanted to stay, we'd be way over the cap then? That's after signing a bunch of reserve grade contracts like Waddell, Elliott, Garrick, Keppie, and upgrading guys who will probably not even play 1st grade in Hopoate.

That's after releasing: Hastings, Lussick, Myles, T Wright, Kelly, J Wright, M Wright, Lane, Brown, Uate & some second tier guys. After the caps also gone up?

Sorry, the numbers aren't stacking up even WITH upgrades. Now, Walker is potentially leaving, and we still can't afford a player or two?

So - what exactly is Crusher doing to earn his salary? Jennings seems like a no-brainer for a club desperately short of three quarters (and that’s before Walker).
Having released Kelly we must be able to afford a replacement. Get active, Blossom.

So - what exactly is Crusher doing to earn his salary? Jennings seems like a no-brainer for a club desperately short of three quarters (and that’s before Walker).
Having released Kelly we must be able to afford a replacement. Get active, Blossom.

I have zero doubt that Team Des is far more advanced with recruitment planning than many give credit for.

He will spent every cent he can conjure, which will be far more than it appears we have to those without juggling skills.

I have faith...lets wait and see what rabbits he pulls.

No one in here really knows what our cap situation is! Kelly was on more than 150k & i'm pretty sure was offered probably double that to resign so there is money in the cap. How much is the question? The players we have in Hopoate & Funa plus Garrick, Waddell & Keppie are all good prospects. All young & in need of an opportunity....if not they will go elsewhere & shine! If the club is rebuilding then why chase expensive recruits? Give our young guns a go! Comparing players released & players recruited I think we're better off for 2019. At the end of 2019 we can see how we've progressed & with a full cap to play with for 2020 go out & poach a couple of diamonds!

No one in here really knows what our cap situation is! Kelly was on more than 150k & i'm pretty sure was offered probably double that to resign so there is money in the cap. How much is the question? The players we have in Hopoate & Funa plus Garrick, Waddell & Keppie are all good prospects. All young & in need of an opportunity....if not they will go elsewhere & shine! If the club is rebuilding then why chase expensive recruits? Give our young guns a go! Comparing players released & players recruited I think we're better off for 2019. At the end of 2019 we can see how we've progressed & with a full cap to play with for 2020 go out & poach a couple of diamonds!

I agree with most you said buddy, and i'm optimistic as far as our new recruits and growing juniors are concerned but I doubt Kelly was on more than 150k. I agree that to keep him would have cost 300k but he only frees-up 150k.to spend elsewhere.

Our 2020 cap will only be 330k more so not really enough to make a REAL difference.

Des and Tooves could work a way to make that 330k shortfall almost irrelevant, and I believe Des and Tooves will be joining forces in some aspects.

From indications i noticed in recent times and irrespective of players leaving or being recruited , looks like the salary cap situation is fairly tight at Manly right now . Again when the stated contract values of D C E , Tom , Jake , Marty , Walker and Thompson is taken into account , this would represent some 4 . 5 mill or so from the cap for 2019 . almost half of the official allocated cap amount . Then having to accommodate the remaining squad on what is left . If a player like George Jennings or his manager is asking something in the vicinity of 300 k or so , very difficult for any N R L club to be able to fit him in at this particular time , regardless of his good stats to date . Maybe if Walker is not going to be part of Manly ;s plans for next season , it would be a more viable option considering him or even signing him up but the situation with Dylan will be up in the air for a while yet .

There is more sponsors jumping on board. Imagine If the club were to announce 2V is back in some capacity working with DES. I can only see more sponsors and 3rd parties wanting in.

DES hasn't put his mark on the playing list yet.

There is more sponsors jumping on board. Imagine If the club were to announce 2V is back in some capacity working with DES. I can only see more sponsors and 3rd parties wanting in.

DES hasn't put his mark on the playing list yet.

Agree, I think Des is one of the 1st coaches in history to have moved to a club with 0 players following, or wanting to follow I have experienced so far, which doesn't seem right.

Agree, I think Des is one of the 1st coaches in history to have moved to a club with 0 players following, or wanting to follow I have experienced so far, which doesn't seem right.

In fairness to Des, he has had 12 months out of the game, which is a long time in rugby league. And we all know the attention span of the average rugby league player. It would have been different had he gone to another club straight away I feel.

I agree with most you said buddy, and i'm optimistic as far as our new recruits and growing juniors are concerned but I doubt Kelly was on more than 150k. I agree that to keep him would have cost 300k but he only frees-up 150k.to spend elsewhere.

Our 2020 cap will only be 330k more so not really enough to make a REAL difference.

Des and Tooves could work a way to make that 330k shortfall almost irrelevant, and I believe Des and Tooves will be joining forces in some aspects.
I was reading the other day that we only have 7 or so players locked up beyond 2019 - AFB, Taupau, Api, TT, JT, Siro and of course DCE. So Des will have the opportunity to build his team over the coming years, just not for 2019...

No Jennings - No worries !
Adversity brings three main characteristics in a club
1. The EXCUSES BRAND .
2. Pessimism
And finally Adversity brings opportunity to fly under the radar , dig deep and rise .

Do you want to see what men are really and truly are like ? You will find how they respond under adversity

Looking forward to our 2019 year . Bring it on

There will be a massive clean out of dead wood though

Capture.PNG

Only 330k? Imagine how many internationals the Roosters could recruit with that money!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6