Robert Jennings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't waste time arguing(you just end up rolling your eyes all the time),there are different opinions depending on whether people like a coach...If the club is successful,those who like the coach say it is the coach,those who don't like the coach say it is a great roster.If the side is performing poorly,those who like the coach say it is the roster,those who don't like the coach say it is the coaches fault.For me a good coach can get the best out of players,or play to their strengths.Yeah there is defensive gelling,players believing the coach knows what he is doing etc....Average coaches can succeed when they have high quality rosters whether that is from their doing or others recruiting for them.Hows that queensland centre going,any more news?
It has all gone quiet in terms of recruitment. It'll start moving again after Christmas no doubt.

Personally, I think there are so many variables that go into winning a premiership that it is impossible to narrow down exactly what makes it happen.

However, I do think Des is a good coach and I do think we have some pretty special players on board for next year. I am optimistic that we can improve significantly on last year simply by having Des (and not Cartwright) coach the defence.

Our roster has some holes, no doubt, but I don't think we need a massive clean out.

I am looking forward to 2019! I think the having a bit of "Manly" back in the place has really peaked my interest. Feels like home again.

Ryan, you are correct. Our backline looks like a reserve grade one, on paper. When compared to Easts I can only shake my head and choke on the words of Greenturd "an even playing field..."
However, I'm sure DESpicable is clever enough to realise that we'll have to play a power forwards style; crash-n-bash; minimising the amount of time our backs have with the ball. As long as our backs are courageous in defence we have the forwards to win some matches. It won't be pretty, and there won't be many long range tries.
But that's the state of our roster, unfortunately.

No way.

Kite was well and truly a cut above. He was highly sought after.

Matai I agree with you.

Foran had huge warps all the way through, and was a step up from the competition.

Remember, none of these players were already tried at various.other clubs and failed.

They were sourced raw, developed and improved under the culture, and with a mass of quality around them.

Garrick, Elliott, Suli already had that opportunity at other clubs, and we're let go, sacked, cut, or languished in reserve grade (for whatever reasons).

Now, they come in, with lots more 2nd and 3rd tier talent around them, and people expect Des to have some magic wand.
Oh well, you are entitled to your opinion. We'll see how it all pans out next year. It should be fun! Have a nice christmas mate!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8