Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know the worst thing? If that had been Manly and Brisbane only drawing 9,300 to a wet Thursday night game at Brookvale, it wouldn't have mattered if there was a great try or great finish or whatever, the focus would be on the lack of attendance and how Manly can't draw a crowd. Yet no one shows up to Chooks games other than Finals and in all the media reports and reviews I have looked at since last night the only place the attendance was even mentioned was on the NRL's own website in the game day section. The fact that the SCG was virtually empty has not even rated a mention.

Tevita Pangai Junior facing two match ban with early guilty plea for that shot on Cooper Cronk last night. 3 games if he fights the charge and loses. Should count himself lucky. Could have been longer

Tevita Pangai Junior facing two match ban with early guilty plea for that shot on Cooper Cronk last night. 3 games if he fights the charge and loses. Should count himself lucky. Could have been longer
After his stellar performance in round two where there was talk about him playing for NSW in the SOO he's had two quiet matches.
I think it shows how difficult it is for a young 'enforcer' to maintain the aggression. He will probably get more consistency as he ages.

After his stellar performance in round two where there was talk about him playing for NSW in the SOO he's had two quiet matches.
I think it shows how difficult it is for a young 'enforcer' to maintain the aggression. He will probably get more consistency as he ages.
Tevita Pangai's father undergoes heart surgery hours before #NRLRoostersBroncos game https://t.co/9BwiW5QsbF https://t.co/3cpZiR29jd
Contributing factor to his stress level @:cool:

You know the worst thing? If that had been Manly and Brisbane only drawing 9,300 to a wet Thursday night game at Brookvale, it wouldn't have mattered if there was a great try or great finish or whatever, the focus would be on the lack of attendance and how Manly can't draw a crowd. Yet no one shows up to Chooks games other than Finals and in all the media reports and reviews I have looked at since last night the only place the attendance was even mentioned was on the NRL's own website in the game day section. The fact that the SCG was virtually empty has not even rated a mention.
Looking at the TV if there were 9000 people at the ground (try closer to 5000) I am rooting Elle McPherson tonight

Fair call. I was a bit tough on him due to his association with that lot. Like Des, he will need time to mould his own team.

It’s a complete embarrassment to the code. Should have been moved to Henson Park where they could at least fill a third of the ground!

The SCG really isn't the best place for Easts to play. They've gone from one stadium which they were lucky to fill at best twice a year, to an even bigger venue that they are still going to struggle to fill at the best of times, even if it is only temporary.

I know the SCG has rugby league history, I get that. But for a home team who struggle to draw a crowd at the best of times, a 48,000 capacity venue where its an oval and not a rectangle meaning that the fans are further away from the ground than normal.....its not good history or not. Other than the Cricket Ground though, where else could they play? There are no other venues in the eastern suburbs capable of hosting the NRL. And its not realistic for them to play all their home games in Gosford.

I know they play one home game a year at the Adelaide Oval, but please don't suggest sending them here unless they are playing Manly lol.

They should have to play out of Homebush until they have a homeground again.

I'm pretty sure a few teams have had to do the same? Canterbury, Parramatta, Souths?

Who knows how long rebuilding Moore Park will take.

They should have to play out of Homebush until they have a homeground again.

I'm pretty sure a few teams have had to do the same? Canterbury, Parramatta, Souths?

Who knows how long rebuilding Moore Park will take.

3 -4 years I think

Penrith and the Tigpies defence looks OK in this game, but its definitely helped by neither side looking like they know what they're doing with the ball.

Its also been a mistake-a-thon.

Ummm.....just how did Masters miss a kick from directly in front of the posts and only about 20 out???

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8