Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why does Channel Nein think it needs 7-8 league callers?
Most of these ex-footballers must be on some pension arrangement because they can't string one thought and two words together.
Jibberers unlimited.

Not a Rex Mossop amongst that rabble!

Mate, have you been living in a cave? According to Toddy the game has never been in better shape with growing crowds. That’s why we need a stadia policy to fit every bastard into the ground.
I know how great does this new stadium policy look after tonight
Todd’s grand master plan on show tonight :):)

And they have Siebold for another 5 years!

I don't think he is the problem. He inherited a great squad at Souths and did better than Maguire in the two years previous.

Broncos have a less balanced roster.

Essentially they have no halfback. Milford and Nikorima do not work together. Ben Hunt was ideal for them except for the last 10 minutes of the 2015 Grand Final.

McCullough is not really dynamic at all.

Darius is less mobile than our Hodko but is starting fullback in the most well resourced club in the competition.

So yes... tough roster decisions to make but at least the salary cap is not an issue for them.

Even though roosters won how good is it
Broncos just got smashed 36-4. Let the good times roll on

I don't think he is the problem. He inherited a great squad at Souths and did better than Maguire in the two years previous.

Broncos have a less balanced roster.

Essentially they have no halfback. Milford and Nikorima do not work together. Ben Hunt was ideal for them except for the last 10 minutes of the 2015 Grand Final.

McCullough is not really dynamic at all.

Darius is less mobile than our Hodko but is starting fullback in the most well resourced club in the competition.

So yes... tough roster decisions to make but at least the salary cap is not an issue for them.

Fair call. I was a bit tough on him due to his association with that lot. Like Des, he will need time to mould his own team. Whether they give him that time will be another matter. Kevvie’s missus will be death riding him.

Most of these ex-footballers must be on some pension arrangement because they can't string one thought and two words together.
Jibberers unlimited.

I've been saying that about Darren Lockyer for years, the bloke can't string a coherent sentence together. And quite frankly neither Thurston or Thaiday are any better.

Much as I hate to admit it, at least Billy Slater is somewhat articulate, especially compared to those three.

Last edited:
Jibberers unlimited.

You must be correct regarding the pension payment. Always seems to be ex players from the favoured few teams that appear on tv as their playing days end. I don't want to say that it's a salary cap dodging rort approved by those in power but it's a salary cap dodging rort approved by those in power.

Crowd: 9,304.
Very poor crowd for 2 top teams of the competition
Over to you Toddy

If that figure is true (and no reason to doubt it) then it is truly, truly disgraceful compared to the hype the nrl constantly feeds us about those two teams.
Yes, Toddy has a problem but wouldn't it also be nice to see ONE sports 'journalist' take the time and question their own perceived axiom regarding Manly fans and their lack of travelling compared to the fans (not) at last nights game.

According to some, those figures are at relocation levels!

If that figure is true (and no reason to doubt it) then it is truly, truly disgraceful compared to the hype the nrl constantly feeds us about those two teams.
Yes, Toddy has a problem but wouldn't it also be nice to see ONE sports 'journalist' take the time and question their own perceived axiom regarding Manly fans and their lack of travelling compared to the fans (not) at last nights game.

According to some, those figures are at relocation levels!

Like I said last night, that crowd figure is just plain embarrassing considering who was playing. I had one clown on FB try to tell me that it was because its a Thursday night game.....which would have been OK except that it also happened to be Thursday night in Adelaide and they got a crowd of 45,631 for the AFL game at the Adelaide Oval.

And last Friday night when the Chooks came up against the then undefeated Worms, arguably along with Souffs one of the best supported teams in Sydney, but they could only draw just over 13,000 to ANZ. And on the same night across town the Swans drew over 32,000 to the SCG for their game against Adelaide.

Yet Manly cops it left, right and centre if we draw a low crowd even in the dreaded 6PM Friday time slot.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8