Membership - now is the time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And those that don't have memberships are scum, right?

Stop with your judgement of other people on the merit of whether or not they buy memberships.

You have ZERO knowledge of other forum members personal situations, so calling them out due to their membership choices is quite frankly, pathetic.
I make no judgements about those who choose not to become members. What they do is their business and often their financial circumstances dictate. That said, the reality is that those who are not members are Sea Eagles Fans and those who are members are Sea Eagles Supporters by virtue of the financial support afforded through their membership. We are no doubt all equally as passionate.

I remember the crowds in the 70s and 80s the constant packed Brookie, and often wonder why we don't get that anymore.
Even during our "decade of dominance " we had some obismal crowds, how good would it be to reach 20,000 members/ season ticket holders? And see a packed Brookvale every home game.

It’s funny how time colours our memories.
In 1983 when we obviously had a strong team, the average crowd was 11,011. 24k v Parra, 17k v Dragons and 7 crowds out of 13 under 10k! Lowest crowd of 4.5k v Newtown.

More consistent in 1978 with 13,503 average and only 3 crowds from 11 under 10k including 4k v Penrith.

1973 average was 13,674 and only 1 from 11 under 10k.

1987 average 13,155 and 3 from 13 under 10k.

And I’m not arguing with the point that our crowd numbers are poor just that it wasn’t packed all the time in the old days.

Last edited:
All done, though there was no prompt to choose which prize like others have mentioned. Signed jersey would be cool

Probably should set expectations around the council and our ability to influence Des and Crusher on playing roster, players, recruitment or selections etc.

I don’t think that is what the council is designed for and also I am not really sure that Des would listen.

Des and Crusher have forgotten more about footy than what most of us know. People like Donny & Andre Rickenbach etc are more than well qualified to understand a players fitness and injury history.

I am sure they will be more than well qualified to make a professional decision on someone like Foran.

Other than that last day tomorrow for early bird promotion- if you haven’t joined up as a member yet you might missed out on hundreds of great prizes!

I just signed up too, first time since end of 11

What are our numbers are upto? Anyone know?

Hopefully I get the email for the prize draw, don't think I'm too late

I just signed up too, first time since end of 11

What are our numbers are upto? Anyone know?

Hopefully I get the email for the prize draw, don't think I'm too late
Don’t worry Joe - you will be in! Good luck!

In 1983 when we obviously had a strong team, the average crowd was 11,011. 24k v Parra, 17k v Dragons and 7 crowds out of 13 under 10k! Lowest crowd of 4.5k v Newtown.

More consistent in 1978 with 13,503 average and only 3 crowds from 11 under 10k including 4k v Penrith.

And I’m not arguing with the point that our crowd numbers are poor just that it wasn’t packed all the time in the old days.
Big difference now, in those days most games were played on a Sunday at 3pm, and TV only played a small part in the broadcast of the game.
Television has made the game full time professional, however it is also killing the game.

Yes I remember reports on low crowds in the early 80s. And pretty much it was Arko and Quayle who through great marketing, promotion and understanding what the people wanted that lifted public interest.
There was however about 3 MIL less people in Sydney and no pay TV or other mediums to watch the game so you had to go to the ground or listen to the wireless or wait for tomorrow's paper.
But you got value for money and a day out too.
You could watch 3,2 or 1 game on game day and could take the family without being home around midnight, as in my case for a night game.

D4ECF378-33DF-4AC6-8D94-DB086D9311F6.jpeg
Just a reminder for those still thinking about it;

Got my MWSE members pack last night. Standard stuff but have to say the quality of the members cap is horrific this year... sadly it’s a throw in the bin job @:oops::thumbsdown:

I signed up on day 1 for the 2019 season...

Got an email this week saying they won't be arriving for Xmas. My 2 sons were hoping to open for Xmas.

That's pretty poor. Especially given there is an Xmas day cut off etc and I signed up on day 1. Disappointed.
That is disappointing. Hopefully Lyal is reading this and gets TB off his arse to hand deliver them to your kids Christmas morning.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7