Membership - now is the time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The fact the Des and Crusher are back, and probably Donnie are strong reasons to rejoin, the only thing stopping me is the "Barrett Factor". I promised myself in 2015 while that faecal smear remains at the club I won't be a member and I have to be true to myself.

It's is great to see so many renewing and rejoining, worst case scenario for me is that I will be rejoining sometime in July 2019.

On another note, I just cannot get over the look on Penn's face at the presser, all of the crap that has happened to our club that was instigated by that prat, and he sat there as if his sh!t doesn't stink. I want to grab that smug bastard and punch him so hard in the mouth that he bites his own heart.
Good to see you haven't changed Bill

We need you back to run the cops again and punch a few louts in the head as well :rofl:

Now that des is back we will be renewing out 5 season tickets in the Jane try stand Des is the only reason we are renewing again as we woudn't have if Cartwright was coach

I've renewed for me and my two sons as well! Happy Days ahead. Good to see membership numbers double overnight.

When talking to the membership boffin, the person advised that more good news is on its way re. coaching structure and only waiting for papers to be signed.

We have seen the power of a strong membership group can have on the club by Scott Penns words today that the member forum drove them to focus on a coach that was Manly ‘bred’.

I wonder
(a) did they cotton on to that before or after being rejected by McGuire (and Taylor(?) or does a season with Northern Eagles count?)? and
(b) will they stick with this "Manly bred" rule for the next coach too or is that just for when we are at rock bottom?

Its nice to see some positivity around here. Been a while.

Unfortunately I'm not there yet.

I totally understand that membership is important. It always has been.

I didn't cancel mine because I think the coach needs to have played for Manly, although I love it when that is possible.

I don't think Toovey was necessarily the best possible coach - so if they had a better option thats going to be considered. Fair enough I guess.

I cancelled my membership because of the total lack of respect shown by the owners to members, Toovey and the football club.

Have they ever explained the decision to sack Toovey? That decision seems like it was made as soon as the Penns got control and then they pulled the trigger as soon as we had a bad start to the year - not helped by management's bungling of the negotiations with the halves.

I was aware that memberships are important and understood the possible consequences for the club when I cancelled my membership.

Since then almost everything management has done has seemed to support my lack of faith.

Barrett (what was so urgent????)
CoCo Joy
Revolving door CEOs
Salary cap bungling - we had nothing??
Fulton running away instead of explaining (not the actions of someone who is innocent)

Sure Des feels like a good move to help avoid the spoon and give membership a bump.

For me I dont have a nice easy checklist. They broke my heart in n 2015 and so far all I see is the owners picking up a not-so-hot Des off the very small list of options and hoping he will fix every thing (again).

I really hope he does. I hope lots of people jump on the bandwagon and buy memberships to help the club cos other than my FC membership I dont feel like I can pass on my money to the Penns again yet - and I don't know what they can do to change that...

I wonder
(a) did they cotton on to that before or after being rejected by McGuire (and Taylor(?) or does a season with Northern Eagles count?)? and
(b) will they stick with this "Manly bred" rule for the next coach too or is that just for when we are at rock bottom?

Its nice to see some positivity around here. Been a while.

Unfortunately I'm not there yet.

I totally understand that membership is important. It always has been.

I didn't cancel mine because I think the coach needs to have played for Manly, although I love it when that is possible.

I don't think Toovey was necessarily the best possible coach - so if they had a better option thats going to be considered. Fair enough I guess.

I cancelled my membership because of the total lack of respect shown by the owners to members, Toovey and the football club.

Have they ever explained the decision to sack Toovey? That decision seems like it was made as soon as the Penns got control and then they pulled the trigger as soon as we had a bad start to the year - not helped by management's bungling of the negotiations with the halves.

I was aware that memberships are important and understood the possible consequences for the club when I cancelled my membership.

Since then almost everything management has done has seemed to support my lack of faith.

Barrett (what was so urgent????)
CoCo Joy
Revolving door CEOs
Salary cap bungling - we had nothing??
Fulton running away instead of explaining (not the actions of someone who is innocent)

Sure Des feels like a good move to help avoid the spoon and give membership a bump.

For me I dont have a nice easy checklist. They broke my heart in n 2015 and so far all I see is the owners picking up a not-so-hot Des off the very small list of options and hoping he will fix every thing (again).

I really hope he does. I hope lots of people jump on the bandwagon and buy memberships to help the club cos other than my FC membership I dont feel like I can pass on my money to the Penns again yet - and I don't know what they can do to change that...

I will try and answer this - I am not sure I can resolve all of your concerns but here goes;

Lack of respect by owners: I think it was clear that there was a complete vacuum between the board/FC, fans,members.

This has turned, some of left (Zorbs) and a new broom has come into management. Lyall attends FC board meetings and will attend The AGM.

I feel this is a refreshing change and it was great to see Cliff and Julie Sibraa at the Members forum.

Tooves was discussed a lot at the last members council, Lyall wasn’t here at the time obviously but there was a lot that happened with the playing group that would never be made public. I think his situation is more complicated that what anyone knows.

Having said that Lyall will be making an effort to re-engage with him and hopefully bring him back to the fold. Now with Des here who knows!!

I think the penny has dropped for Scott - he needs to listen and run and govern the club like his business rather than some side project. Employ experienced and professional people to run the joint rather than ex school teachers.

Time will tell - hopefully the actions and future results will convince you to return to the fold in the future.

Cheers and hope that helps a little for you enjoy your footy next year!

[QUOTE="Tooves was discussed a lot at the last members council, Lyall wasn’t here at the time obviously but there was a lot that happened with the playing group that would never be made public. I think his situation is more complicated that what anyone knows.[/QUOTE]

Mate I know you are constrained in what you can say, but is the suggestion here that some of these issues contributed to the obvious ongoing bitterness of some of the former players?

I will try and answer this - I am not sure I can resolve all of your concerns but here goes;

Lack of respect by owners: I think it was clear that there was a complete vacuum between the board/FC, fans,members.

This has turned, some of left (Zorbs) and a new broom has come into management. Lyall attends FC board meetings and will attend The AGM.

I feel this is a refreshing change and it was great to see Cliff and Julie Sibraa at the Members forum.

Tooves was discussed a lot at the last members council, Lyall wasn’t here at the time obviously but there was a lot that happened with the playing group that would never be made public. I think his situation is more complicated that what anyone knows.

Having said that Lyall will be making an effort to re-engage with him and hopefully bring him back to the fold. Now with Des here who knows!!

I think the penny has dropped for Scott - he needs to listen and run and govern the club like his business rather than some side project. Employ experienced and professional people to run the joint rather than ex school teachers.

Time will tell - hopefully the actions and future results will convince you to return to the fold in the future.

Cheers and hope that helps a little for you enjoy your footy next year!

Thanks mate. Good to see things look like they are going in the right direction - especially the relationship with the FC.

If that is actually the case this will become more obvious to us outsiders in time.

You are right there are still some questions without any answers. What will Peters' influence be? What was Fulton up to? WTF happened with Toovey?

For me its still a bit of a case of a drowning man clutching at a serpent (yes that would be the OTHER ex school teacher) out of self interest but I will try to remain open minded while watching what happens next.

Also everyone, there were already very limited Jane Try Stand seats left. If you want in tjere, I'd suggest to get onto it, post haste, or you'll miss out.

I've just renewed. I think it's important that as Sea Eagles fans we show the Penns etc that we are happy they have listened.....or at the very least we are happy with what has happened.

I let my membership lapse when Zorba was rubbishing the fans, and the Penns were not listening to anyone....I just had a gutful. This season has been the most unenjoyable I think I have ever watched, and I include the Northern Eagles in that.

I am actually looking forward to rugby league again, and I must say towards the end of the season I really didn't care less. If it wasn't for the Trbojevics, I probably wouldn't have even watched.

Go Manly, Go Des.

[QUOTE="Tooves was discussed a lot at the last members council, Lyall wasn’t here at the time obviously but there was a lot that happened with the playing group that would never be made public. I think his situation is more complicated that what anyone knows.

Mate I know you are constrained in what you can say, but is the suggestion here that some of these issues contributed to the obvious ongoing bitterness of some of the former players?[/QUOTE]
To be brutally honest the details were not mentioned other than what I said - I assume that this could me be part of it. Especially Gift and Choc scenarios but that is me reading between the lines. It apparently it is not clear cut as what we all think it is was.

The facts of life feathered friends .......

We don't live in a perfect world and there is no such thing as a perfect person or a perfect club.

The Roosters have won wooden spoons under Polities and now are winning premierships
All clubs go through cycles but not all club supporters jump ship when the going gets tough

We all find out who our true friends are in our most difficult times when we are down and out .

When we are down we always rise with the help of our loyal friends that contribute to our resurgence .

I looked at the meaning of the term 'FAIR WEATHERED FRIEND "
It stands out like this ....
Someone who is a good friend when it is easy to be one and who stops being one when you are having problems

Who is proud to say that they are this type of character ? This type of friend ?

Clubs are built around loyal and passionate people that contribute and not jump ship
If every one jumped ship there would be no fcking Manly .

God bless to all the loyal Manly people that have always remained faithful and have kept our club and the spirit of the mighty Manly Sea eagles alive !!!

You all know what the right thing to do is . Do you have the credo to do it ?

untitled.png
untitled.png
untitled.png

Last edited:
Just signed up after a number of years absence.
Now a member of both football club and Sea Eagles.
Makes me feel kinda.....
Manly!!!
Congratulations feathered friend !!!
You are Manly and the Lifeblood of our club and not just with empty words
People like you make our club $tronger and Greater
I am proud to say that I am a member of both as well . Birds of a feather stick together .

Congratulations feathered friend !!!
You are Manly and the Lifeblood of our club and not just with empty words
People like you make our club $tronger and Greater
I am proud to say that I am a member of both as well . Birds of a feather stick together .
As you well know feathered friend,
Every man has his price.
What's yours Bozo?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7