Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there is the matter of size of income, had he been allowed to play for the past three years I'm pretty certain his pay packet would be quite a lot larger giving him greater ability to afford legal fees, by standing him down the NRL has essentially put a cap on his earning capacity
Perhaps Ron, I think it was only this year that he's been on a reduced contract, and being plagued with shoulder problems, he would not have had much bargaining power with his next contract if he was allowed to play.

Perhaps Ron, I think it was only this year that he's been on a reduced contract, and being plagued with shoulder problems, he would not have had much bargaining power with his next contract if he was allowed to play.
I agree with what you say Peter although in recent history upgrades to contracts during the term of that contract are probably more the norm, given that the club offered Api the opportunity to look elsewhere it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Manase would have been upgraded, but all that aside I just hope we get a positive outcome from this case, Fainu being sidelined for three seasons has had a hugely negative effect on our club🙂

So basically from today's reports:

1. The crown will produce CCTV footage that shows Fainu jumping the fence which places him at the scene
2. The crown will produce primary witness Tony Quach who will state that he saw MF stab the victim in the back.
3. The Defence will plead that Tony Quach is not a reliable witness ( is lying or mistaken identity) ie it was dark etc
4. The victim has NFI who stabbed him.

So it can go either way but I can see MF getting acquitted..

Things to consider:

That the burden of proof rests upon the Crown in respect of every element or essential fact that makes up the offence with which the accused has been charged

The standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt.

You are right Joeboy, Cuneen was involved in that unseemly affair, when she (allegedly) told her niece to feign a heart attack to avoid the breath test. However she was good in her support at the Stewart trial.

sons girlfriend .. as previously stated. Was Cuneen convicted of anything? no! Long story. So if Fainu is accused of stabbing, did he do it? I dont know .. might wait until the facts come out to make a decision on that.

So basically from today's reports:

1. The crown will produce CCTV footage that shows Fainu jumping the fence which places him at the scene
2. The crown will produce primary witness Tony Quach who will state that he saw MF stab the victim in the back.
3. The Defence will plead that Tony Quach is not a reliable witness ( is lying or mistaken identity) ie it was dark etc
4. The victim has NFI who stabbed him.

So it can go either way but I can see MF getting acquitted..

Things to consider:

That the burden of proof rests upon the Crown in respect of every element or essential fact that makes up the offence with which the accused has been charged

The standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt.
Do they have footage of him jumping the fence or just inside the dance floor

Gonna be hard to argue mistaken identity when he was on a fu*king sling...
Not really, frank. The argument is more likely to be something like this: It was dark, pitch back, and happened in an instant, and even the victim can't identify the attacker. In those circumstances, who is a potential witness likely to focus on? The guy with a public profile and his arm in a sling.

So far it sounds like the prosecution has no footage of the actual crime and has one witness, who may not be the most reliable chap. Does not sound like a particularly strong case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10