Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hasler is a strange case

I'd accept him back after a public apology to all the fans, it's better than having Fulton's weak seed coach us
Sorry but no. We released him a year early as he was attempting to take our staff over to Canterbury. That's a dog move (pun not intended), I searched up some of the original articles from the time he left us and now do not plan on giving him any forgiveness whatsoever. The state he left our cap, along with the state he's leaving the Bulldogs means he should never, ever, be considered again

Sorry but no. We released him a year early as he was attempting to take our staff over to Canterbury. That's a dog move (pun not intended), I searched up some of the original articles from the time he left us and now do not plan on giving him any forgiveness whatsoever. The state he left our cap, along with the state he's leaving the Bulldogs means he should never, ever, be considered again
Whilst it wouldn't surprise to see him back at some point, a la Frank Stanton when he returned as CEO after plying his wares elsewhere, I think the outfit has moved on. So has Hasler.

Plus I can't imagine a situation where one control freak would submit to another control freak overseeing him.

Last edited:
It really comes down to whether the front office people whom Hasler hated are still at the club or not. If they're not, I'd be happy to see him back. Otherwise, no.

Whilst it wouldn't surprise to see him back at some point, a la Frank Stanton when he returned as CEO after plying his wares elsewhere, I think the outfit has moved on. So had Hasler.

Plus I can't imagine a situation where one control freak would submit to another control freak overseeing him.

It would be like two Hitlers in the one bunker. The ending would be quick, loud and messy.

Name a top 8 side in the past 15 years who have been belted back to back

I'll wait
St George Illawarra lost its first 2 games 46 - 28 against the dogs and a
46 - 12 loss to the storm.
They ended up coming second in the regular season. I reckon there would be plenty others as well

9th with panthers 20s, the most feared junior nursery
Yes exactly, the team he coached was the youngest in the 20's and almost to a man first year in the 20's as their previous years team all moved up after the Grand final.
Again not a great comparison.

I think it's dangerous to hang results squarely on a coaches head. These men are not calibrated machines. Coaching an under 20s team to ninth could have happened any number of reasons...people grow into their role and understand better, maybe there were injuries to key players, maybe there was internal conflict in the playing group...it's very short sighted to just pluck a finish out of the air and use it as evidence of Barrett's coaching creditials.

Des won us a competition in 2008 and two years later we scraped into the finals...if someone was to look only at the results of 2010, they might think that Des is a lousy coach, but he clearly isn't. It's one result in one season. If you punt every coach that doesn't win the 'big one' there would only be 1 coach left.

I reckon @cherrypoppins was in the bar the night Baz was doing push ups in his undies and he got penis envy...that's why he has it in for Barrett.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8