Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fair weather fans imo

They loved him when he made the big one but one little bad year and they turn like bitches
I don't think they are fair weather fans
I think it is a fair call by those frustrated fans
Hasler is on one million a season and with big dollars come big expectations and the results and performances from the dog teams since Hasler took them unsuccessfully to the grand final is for all to see .
IN THE HIGH STAKES BUSINESS WORLD OF THE NRL NO PLAYER OR COACH CAN REST ON THEIR LAURELS .
EVERY ONE IS AS GOOD AS THEIR LAST GAME AND THE HIGH PAID HASLER WHO IS NOT DELIVERING VALUE PERFORMANCES FOR THE DOGS BELONGS IN THE DOG HOUSE
untitled.png

Name a top 8 side in the past 15 years who have been belted back to back

I'll wait

Thats too easy, i'll even go back to back TO BACK and at seasons end

Souths 2015 finished 7th

Round 24 loss vs Dogs 18-32
Round 25 loss vs Broncos 12-47
Rounds 26 loss vs Roosters 0-30

If you want more i can give other examples.

Thats too easy, i'll even go back to back TO BACK and at seasons end

Souths 2015 finished 7th

Round 24 loss vs Dogs 18-32
Round 25 loss vs Broncos 12-47
Rounds 26 loss vs Roosters 0-30

If you want more i can give other examples.
Rounds 25 and 26 count

24 was just a game

I still think it's a rarity showing up 2 weeks in a row with no guts

I think it's dangerous to hang results squarely on a coaches head. These men are not calibrated machines.

Snake, would you agree that in the modern professional sport it is the aim of the training staff to, as much as possible, make the players into performance machines?

If you do then you might also agree that the aim of the coach is to calibrate the machines?

So, if the Manly players are not calibrated machines it is only fair that people ask WHY?

A return of Dogler would be intolerable, insufferable, unsatisfactory, impermissible, inadmissible, inappropriate, unsuitable, undesirable, unreasonable, objectionable, insupportable..............amongst other things

I'm sure you forgot something there, although not sure what!

Snake, would you agree that in the modern professional sport it is the aim of the training staff to, as much as possible, make the players into performance machines?

If you do then you might also agree that the aim of the coach is to calibrate the machines?

So, if the Manly players are not calibrated machines it is only fair that people ask WHY?
Because they're not machines that can be calibrated. There are far too many variables to draw a comparison with machinery. The point I was trying to make was this; you cannot isolate one season of failure and draw the conclusion that the coach is no good, when there could be so many other reasons why the season was a failure.

That's all. Sure, sometimes the coach is the problem, but I do not understand the logic that a 9th place finish with Penrith's under 20's 5 years ago, amounts to the narrative that Barrett should be sacked because he is clearly a failure?! It's stupid and short sighted.

His ego exploded, thought he was invincible and now the walls are tumbling down.

KARMA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they're not machines that can be calibrated. There are far too many variables to draw a comparison with machinery. The point I was trying to make was this; you cannot isolate one season of failure and draw the conclusion that the coach is no good, when there could be so many other reasons why the season was a failure.

That's all. Sure, sometimes the coach is the problem, but I do not understand the logic that a 9th place finish with Penrith's under 20's 5 years ago, amounts to the narrative that Barrett should be sacked because he is clearly a failure?! It's stupid and short sighted.
Good answer!

I accept your point that to have players playing at a consistently high level, removing their poor performances and making their "A" game the norm, is not only the coaches objective but also his responsibility.

My answer to your question is to ask you how long do you think it would take to achieve that level, given a largely unchanging player roster.

If, Melb are the only team that comes close to this, and Bellamy has had over a decade with the same hooker, fullback, half (3 superstars) and a regular stable of senior players to achieve it .... how long do you think it would take a rookie coach with a different spine ever week in his first year, a more stable roster in his second but without a cadre of senior long term players.

My guess would be 3/4 years.

When the dog started coaching them they won minor premierships in all three grades. Mostly players recruited by the previous coach Kevin Moore. With that talent and a few brought in by the dog and his coaching staff they made the GF and lost, it's been a slow decline slide since and the plane is about to have a crash landing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6