Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never ever forget and never EVER forgive.

What he did to the club, and the fans , days after winning a GF is unforgivable.

If he walks back in the door that's it for me, I'll be done and dusted until he leaves or I die, whichever came first.

Anyway thankfully that doesn't look to be happening.

Completely agree....................can we just stop talking about the f***er!!!

Hasler needs a ****ing spine

He hasn't had a good one in years

He's overachieved
You make it sound like he has been handicapped and dealt a cruel blow with the spine he has had...

here is a newsflash for you Einstein; he picked the ****ing thing.

He has the biggest footballing budget in the NRL, the backing of the arguably the richest leagues club of the lot and an open chequebook. Anyone with any brains knows that up this pre-season, Des got whatever Des wanted. He wanted Michael Lichaa and he got rid of Michael Ennis (who was still good enough to win a competition with the Sharks). He kept re-signing Reynolds, he sacked Barba (who was good enough to win a competition at the Sharks), he signed Brett Morris to play fullback (even though Morris is a winger)...the list goes on.

Never ever forget and never EVER forgive.

What he did to the club, and the fans , days after winning a GF is unforgivable.

If he walks back in the door that's it for me, I'll be done and dusted until he leaves or I die, whichever came first.

Anyway thankfully that doesn't look to be happening.

You know annoyed me most, the fact he was planning the move during the 2011 finals series.

Lucky we a great team to carry us through because his mind wasnt on the job at hand.

I reckon we could have won 2012 and/or 2013 if he stayed. He could have been arguably the greatest coach of the modern era.

But he made his bed...
I've always Said the same.. If he stayed we would of seen a dynasty unlike no other winning 4 gfs in a row we had the players and 2 top shelf young halves Lyon and matai etc.. He failed himself

I don't know whether Des understands the damage he did to his reputation after the 2011 GF. I have the DVD of our win and to this day I haven't watched it because his behaviour after the event ruined the whole experience. I can forgive him for what he did but I feel little sympathy for his current predicament. He was a great coach and as someone said above, could have had a huge dynasty here. But his behaviour aided and abetted by Greenburg finished him.

He really is an enigma. Considering the resources he's got at the Dogs he hasn't achieved at all. In fact I read that his win/loss record over 5 years is the worst under any Dogs coach since the late 50's. I think he's got something over dibb and castle as there's been so much pressure from fans ex greats and insiders at the club to sack him however he keeps surviving. That extension in April was madness. They had a very poor win over Brisbane in the wet so they hand him a new contract.

Last edited:
They have over-achieved IMO because with the talent they had they probably should never have played those GF's. Semi finals yes, but not a Grand Final.

They certainly shouldn't have played in the 2014 Grand Final because Manly should have knocked them out in the semi. One of the biggest rorts ever. Recall Reynolds 5m offside blocking a field goal. Reynolds (again) kicking the ball at the ref. The conversion Lyon missed where they made him take the kick much wider than where Cheyse Blair's try was scored (after a scuffle when the try was scored).

Manly were busted with many injuries, and had been flogged by Souths in the prelim, but it should have been Manly or Penrith in the GF with Souths, not Canterbury.

They certainly shouldn't have played in the 2014 Grand Final because Manly should have knocked them out in the semi. One of the biggest rorts ever. Recall Reynolds 5m offside blocking a field goal. Reynolds (again) kicking the ball at the ref. The conversion Lyon missed where they made him take the kick much wider than where Cheyse Blair's try was scored (after a scuffle when the try was scored).

Manly were busted with many injuries, and had been flogged by Souths in the prelim, but it should have been Manly or Penrith in the GF with Souths, not Canterbury.

I'm glad they played the 2014 GF instead of us in a way. The script was set for that year. The NRL had been trying to give Souths their fairytale for at least 2 years.

You make it sound like he has been handicapped and dealt a cruel blow with the spine he has had...

here is a newsflash for you Einstein; he picked the ****ing thing.

He has the biggest footballing budget in the NRL, the backing of the arguably the richest leagues club of the lot and an open chequebook. Anyone with any brains knows that up this pre-season, Des got whatever Des wanted. He wanted Michael Lichaa and he got rid of Michael Ennis (who was still good enough to win a competition with the Sharks). He kept re-signing Reynolds, he sacked Barba (who was good enough to win a competition at the Sharks), he signed Brett Morris to play fullback (even though Morris is a winger)...the list goes on.
Thank God school holidays are almost over

He picked hot garbage because that has been what's been available to him, there's only probably 6 top tier halves in the league, he let a geezer go and made a mistake with Cook

You can't just imagine a player and start paying him

I think he's got something over dibb and castle as there's been so much pressure from fans ex greats and insiders at th club or sack him however he keeps surviving.
So many goat pictures out there!!! I'm just wondering where they found a goat that would go 'there' with castle!!

I'm glad they played the 2014 GF instead of us in a way. The script was set for that year. The NRL had been trying to give Souths their fairytale for at least 2 years.

When you look at the list of recent premiers...

2013 - Roosters win with massive referee assistance to complete the 1 season SBW comeback fairytale.
2014 - Rabbitohs win a fairytale comeback premiership.
2015 - Cowboys and JT fairytale premiership.
2016 - Sharks' drought breaking fairytale premiership.

... you get a definite sense that the entire thing is being fixed from on high since 2013.

Oh look, Greenberg took up the position as Head of Football at the NRL in 2013...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6