Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really think Dessy has lost the plot, I hope it's just football related and not more serious.

Although he's made a couple of Grand Finals with the Dogs, what Hasler has shown in his time at Belmore is that the Dogs didn't have the same quality talent that he had available at Manly.

I know they want to get rid of him, but IMO they have actually over-achieved with Hasler as coach.

Although he's made a couple of Grand Finals with the Dogs, what Hasler has shown in his time at Belmore is that the Dogs didn't have the same quality talent that he had available at Manly.

I know they want to get rid of him, but IMO they have actually over-achieved with Hasler as coach.
I don't think they've over-achieved at all, with all the resources they have available and all of Des' spending they had to have snagged a comp win by now. I mean yeah the team he had here was freakishly good but he's had a number of years to build a good team there. His style of play is boring and hasn't adapted to changes in the game. Some of the blame should be laid on him.

Hasler had all the money and all the kings horses and all the kings men at his disposal at the wealthy Belmore club and was also given total control to build a bulldog dynasty . After 6 lucrative years at a cool million dollars a season all the faith full dog fanatical supporters at the kennel and the likes of club legend Steve Mortimer have had enough of Hasler destroying the club culture and what it stood for .
How ironic it is how the failing Foran and the has been Hasler once at the peak of their careers and once were Kings at Manly have come together with their tails between their legs at the deplorable Dogs club who are at the depths of the NRL ladder
images.jpg

Last edited:
Make no mistake - Hasler COULD coach....
Hasler's worst enemy is Hasler.
He had Conducted a Golden success train, that had him on the cusp of Manly Royalty....only to betray the players, fans and club because he felt he was bigger than it - from a legend to a condemned man overnight.
At Dogs - his reputation originally had the team and fans believing....and with a miracle Barba season and a very solid squad, almost delivered.....since then he has become so stubborn and fixated on proving his coaching style is right....the team has become predictable, boring and even Avid Dog supporters have turned and judging by team performance....he has lost the dressing room.
Hasler has simply become too big for his boots and lost the humble identity that won ppl over just a few years ago.

I have never forgiven the Bulldogs for the destruction of the game with SuperLeague. If they had remained solid with the ARL, only Penrith and Cronulla of the Sydney clubs would be with Superleague, and they were hardly heavy duty clubs back in 97-98. Murdocks plunder would have failed in its first year. But the Dogs got greedy and went with the money instead of loyalty to the code. Disgraceful decision, which ended the friendship between Arko and Bullfrog.

Remind me again just what is the Bulldogs "culture"? Because I'm guessing their fans believe it's something very different to my understanding of their principles and history…

Who cares, as long as we don't get him back!

Never ever forget and never EVER forgive.

What he did to the club, and the fans , days after winning a GF is unforgivable.

If he walks back in the door that's it for me, I'll be done and dusted until he leaves or I die, whichever came first.

Anyway thankfully that doesn't look to be happening.

I have never forgiven the Bulldogs for the destruction of the game with SuperLeague. If they had remained solid with the ARL, only Penrith and Cronulla of the Sydney clubs would be with Superleague, and they were hardly heavy duty clubs back in 97-98. Murdocks plunder would have failed in its first year. But the Dogs got greedy and went with the money instead of loyalty to the code. Disgraceful decision, which ended the friendship between Arko and Bullfrog.
Here is food for thought Bearfax
The dogs destroyed the game with super league
and ....
The super coach des has come back in karma and destroyed the dogs !!!
baxter-the-upside-down-french-bulldog-420x347.jpg

Hasler was fortunate that he was coach of a fantastic manly team. Most of those players were great before they ever met Hasler- Hasler never won those premierships the players did!

I don't know how anyone could make a case for this Bulldogs team lacking talent over the years...when clubs are playing well, it looks like a team chock full of talent that other clubs would only dream of having and when a club is playing poorly, all of the sudden half the squad should be dropped.

The best side made up of all the players he has had at his disposal is pretty impressive.

Barba - Dally M Medal
B Morris - Origin & Australia (Winger of the year 1000 times)
J Morris - Origin and Australia
Inu
Perrett

Reynolds
Hodkinson

Tolman - Melbourne Storm GF winner
Ennis - Origin
Graham - International (at times best prop in game)
Jackson - Origin
Eastwood - International
Klemmer - Origin and Australia

Kasiano - Beast
Pritchard - International
Finucane - Origin 18th man
Williams - GF winner and marquee signing

There is no shortage of talent here. Des still did a good job to get them to 2 GF's...you can't make a GF on luck alone.

But...I think he has gone stale at Canterbury and it's time to move on. I believe he could have success at another club, but the mix is wrong at the Dogs now...a fresh start for both club and coach, the same way Uate needed to move from the Knights to freshen up.

The issue with the Dogs keeping him on for next season in order to see how he goes with Woods and Foran at the club is this; it could end up being a Jason Taylor situation...you waste an entire pre-season banging one drum, only to have to start banging another when the **** hits the fan after 4-5 losses to start next season.

Hasler had all the money and all the kings horses and all the kings men at his disposal at the wealthy Belmore club and was also given total control to build a bulldog dynasty . After 6 lucrative years at a cool million dollars a season all the faith full dog fanatical supporters at the kennel and the likes of club legend Steve Mortimer have had enough of Hasler destroying the club culture and what it stood for .
How ironic it is how the failing Foran and the has been Hasler once at the peak of their careers and once were Kings at Manly have come together with their tails between their legs at the deplorable Dogs club who are at the depths of the NRL ladder
View attachment 6070
Bah ****ing clipart again

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7