Zorba this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm a big Thommo fan but I would like it to be his last season with us. It's time for the younger guys to fight it out for his spot next year.

Thanks Thommo.

I'm a big Thommo fan but I would like it to be his last season with us. It's time for the younger guys to fight it out for his spot next year.

Thanks Thommo.
There was a recent article where Thomo said he is looking at the English Super league for his future . Reading between the lines I would say he is thinking what you are thinking .

Thanks Thommo.
It should come down to form really. He is only 30, and is one of our most experienced players - the best teams have a good blend of youth and experience. We have one of the youngest teams in the comp, so I would like to keep him for another year provided his form warrants it - probably on a reduced contract. Joshua Schuster should come through next year and I can see a real benefit of having a clean skin, emotionally mature and experienced backrower at the club that could assist with his development. I'd also suggest spots in the 30 will open up (without letting Thomo leave) as there will be players who don't cut it this year - I'd rather lose Frank than Thomo.

Have you seen Zorba lately mate ? He has trimmed down and looking like he could wear the Manly jumper and play .
His secret ? Plenty of fresh Greek salad .
Peters was a " Good Sort " in his playing days and wore the Manly Jumper with passion and pride .
You can take the boy out of Manly but you can never take Manly out of a Manly boy .

View attachment 10552
Yep... that’s it man... the Greek salad is killer!

Have you seen Zorba lately mate ? He has trimmed down and looking like he could wear the Manly jumper and play .
His secret ? Plenty of fresh Greek salad .
Peters was a " Good Sort " in his playing days and wore the Manly Jumper with passion and pride .
You can take the boy out of Manly but you can never take Manly out of a Manly boy .

View attachment 10552
Zorba in recent times has been a stain on our club! Responsible for some of the dysfunction that our club has become over the last 5 years, undermined and helped get rid of Toovey. I think a lot of our fans take what he says with a pinch of salt. It is a reminder that we need to be a professional club and I am glad that his tenure is over!

- I'd rather lose Frank than Thomo.

One on one ... I would agree with you .... but when you factor in that Thommo is on $600k .. and Frankie is on about $250k .... I would keep Frank all day and the $350k difference would go towards a superstar backrower ... not an aging good one ....

One on one ... I would agree with you .... but when you factor in that Thommo is on $600k .. and Frankie is on about $250k .... I would keep Frank all day and the $350k difference would go towards a superstar backrower ... not an aging good one ....
As I mentioned if his form warranted, I would offer him an extension on a reduced contract - we wouldn’t need to pay him 600k and I think he would take 400k. His experience and passion is valuable and we are such a young team - we need it.

Frank is of a similar age, but doesn’t have the NRL experience of Thommo. I can see Thommo influencing our squad with his passion far more than Frank.

Only an observation but thought that Thommo was one of Manly "s better and more consistent players after a fairly under whelming initial few games . Played the full eighty for most games from memory and did not miss a game [ i think ] and with plenty of hard straight running and determination and vigorous defence . Maybe was guilty of not running through the line more on second man plays a few times and reaction time in covering defence down a bit on a couple of occasions but again definitely think that he can bring some good input again in the run on side next season . Also taking into account that he can cover playing centre if necessary and his leadership instincts in the forwards . Really do not think that he is on 600 k , recall an interview with him once mentioning that he is on less then this , [ reckon around the 450 - 500 k range]

His experience and passion is valuable and we are such a young team - we need it.

I can see Thommo influencing our squad with his passion far more than Frank.

That is exactly what I thought .. and got excited by at the beginning of last year ......

... and I am still waiting .... and completely underwhelmed so far ......

Thommo goes ok ..... but if he is getting extras for being a leader then he better step up ....

Surely Winterstein isn’t on 250k!

He must have just scraped in to our top 30, is 32 and hasn’t achieved much in his league career and with so much of our cap skewed towards our stars DCE Turbots etc he must be on close to a minimum wage or slightly higher.Looking at our backrowers he would seem to be last in line for a spot based on last years form if the wraps on Waddell are accurate.Although JetSki ain’t much better.

In fact quite a few of our top 30 must be on close to minimum with the wages we pay our stars.

Last edited:
What you can’t replace with Joel is his fantastic influence on the younger players.

Worth the extra $200k I’d say.

Which young players ? ... have you any evidence of this other than Silvertails mythology ? ....... I sure didn't see any special relationship with the young guys ..... I think we all hoped for it ... but did it happen ???

Surely Winterstein isn’t on 250k!

He must have just scraped in to our top 30, is 32 and hasn’t achieved much in his league career and with so much of our cap skewed towards our stars DCE Turbots etc he must be on close to a minimum wage or slightly higher.Looking at our backrowers he would seem to be last in line if the wraps on Waddell are accurate.I

n fact quite a few of our top 30 must be on close to minimum with the wages we pay our stars.

You are possibly correct .... I only made up the $250k so I wouldn't be accused of under prizing him ...... but it makes my point ..... At close to min wage, Frank is value for money ... at $600k, Thommo is overpriced by $400k .....

That is exactly what I thought .. and got excited by at the beginning of last year ......

... and I am still waiting .... and completely underwhelmed so far ......

Thommo goes ok ..... but if he is getting extras for being a leader then he better step up ....
Fair enough - let’s see how 2019 unfolds.

You are possibly correct .... I only made up the $250k so I wouldn't be accused of under prizing him ...... but it makes my point ..... At close to min wage, Frank is value for money ... at $600k, Thommo is overpriced by $400k .....
Yep 600k seems overs. Reflects how desperate we were for a tough forward I suppose. This year will define how Thommo is perceived as a Manly player.

Zorba in recent times has been a stain on our club! Responsible for some of the dysfunction that our club has become over the last 5 years, undermined and helped get rid of Toovey. I think a lot of our fans take what he says with a pinch of salt. It is a reminder that we need to be a professional club and I am glad that his tenure is over!

The Penns and the Quantum group were having issues . Toovey was loyal to Quantum and when Quantum took the money and left Toovey on his own he had no loyalty from the Penns . That is how loyalty works . To blame this on Zorba is way of the mark.
I admire the loyal Manly fans , Zorba , Toovey , The great Max Delmege , The Penns and all the people that have made a contribution to the club .
Having said that I love the Manly club above all as no one is bigger then the club .

The Penns and the Quantum group were having issues . Toovey was loyal to Quantum and when Quantum took the money and left Toovey on his own he had no loyalty from the Penns . That is how loyalty works . To blame this on Zorba is way of the mark.
I admire the loyal Manly fans , Zorba , Toovey , The great Max Delmege , The Penns and all the people that have made a contribution to the club .
Having said that I love the Manly club above all as no one is bigger then the club .
Interesting that you say that no one is bigger than the club, your pal Zorba truly thinks that he is!

Interesting that you say that no one is bigger than the club, your pal Zorba truly thinks that he is!
I have never seen Zorba or any other Manly affiliated person quoted as being bigger than the club . It would be blasphemy for any one to say such a thing .
Every one knows No one is bigger than the club .

The truth is some of us dream of playing in a Manly grand final winning team and others have made their dreams come true .
1973 Manly HEROES . Left to right . Irvine Zorba , O'neill , Wombat , The Incomparable immortal
4bc67349c6feb86dc02a1849767de1c20ec00d15.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10