Zorba this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if the dragons are in some cap bother or financial pressure? Hunt takes a big lump of cash. Widdop cant be cheap and then Norman pops up... Under normal circumstances you wouldn't let Atikin go would you?

And if they were trying to get compliant they may want to offload Graham last minute if they can't move on some talent.

Possible? Good back up and would add some mongrel to the pack.

Graham is 34 this year and past his best. But for the right price I would take him on a 1-2 year deal every day of the week. From all accounts he is not a bell-end off the field and you will get 100% effort on it.

He would be on our bench as AFB and Marty pick themselves on current form.

Graham is 34 this year and past his best. But for the right price I would take him on a 1-2 year deal every day of the week. From all accounts he is not a bell-end off the field and you will get 100% effort on it.

It's all pie in the sky of course but he would share some experence with the likes of AFB and Pasenka and co. Anyone feel a bit of the Ben Kennedy effect around this?
Remember what he did for Whatmough. Would love another young guy take that path.

I would love for it to be Graham but Zoba said he would be here just before or after the season starts. Why would I take that long for an NRL player to change clubs. Must be a player from England I’m thinking and not a current NRL player

Lurker said last year that NRL clubs were circling Thompson. He was probably the player of the series against the Kiwis last year and only has a year left at St Helens. potentially opens up a nice swap for Perret who would probably shine there.

Looks like Des may be intent on maintaining a power game from the props into future seasons if someone like Luke Thompson is in the club;s sights . As Perrett is on reasonable money , it certainly could mean that he would be shopped around to enable bringing in someone like Thompson . With Jake as a long term mainstay in the back row , Siro and Joel Thompson and maybe Tanga in the short term , and with a guy like Schuster coming through , would seem some sound planning to then have some preference for a power game based prop rotation. There must be some confidence or hope that Elgey [ or even Metcalfe ] will be able to provide some adequate direction from the 6 . D C E , Tom Turbo , Walker and some promising outside backs as part of the equation also . That formula looks quite appealing actually , all things presently taken into account .

Looks like Hasler is sticking to his forwards and more forwards game plan hahahaha

Look not against this as he seems quality, but hopefully it then means we can offload perrett and still have some money for a centre. For mine this would push Tanga out of the 17 as I see great upside in Paseka

Looks like Hasler is sticking to his forwards and more forwards game plan hahahaha

Look not against this as he seems quality, but hopefully it then means we can offload perrett and still have some money for a centre. For mine this would push Tanga out of the 17 as I see great upside in Paseka

Agree about Paseka .... a year older and a year meaner should see him start to shine .....

With injuries and suspensions you always need about 6 props ...

Don't discount the nutty professor playing with positions and roles .... I can see him trying different combinations of locke and 2nd row using Jake/Tanginoa/Waddell/Thommo etc or even moving Jake to prop with Tanginoa locke ..... expect the unexpected .....

With taupau, afb, paseka and tanginoa, I’m not sure our cap needs another prop. Surely it would mean 1 of these is moved on and I don’t see the merit in that as I don’t think the extra money invested in the front row at the expense of a cheaper alternative gets more bang for buck, I’d rather a great second rower as Thompson is limited in skill set and is at the end of his career and Siro has proven to be anything but durable

With taupau, afb, paseka and tanginoa, I’m not sure our cap needs another prop. Surely it would mean 1 of these is moved on and I don’t see the merit in that as I don’t think the extra money invested in the front row at the expense of a cheaper alternative gets more bang for buck, I’d rather a great second rower as Thompson is limited in skill set and is at the end of his career and Siro has proven to be anything but durable

I'm not convinced that prop is Tanginoa's best position .... he is quick, mobile and energetic and a tad small, but loves a gallop .... he may just end up locke or 2nd row under Dessie ...

I'm not convinced that prop is Tanginoa's best position .... he is quick, mobile and energetic and a tad small, but loves a gallop .... he may just end up locke or 2nd row under Dessie ...
Modern day front rowers can afford to be lighter as long as they have power, which Tang does....in fact , off the bench with some footwork and explosive pace around the ruck, could really make some impact as a point of difference....though can also see him attacking those edges as a backrower "Woodsie Styles"@;)

Modern day front rowers can afford to be lighter as long as they have power, which Tang does....in fact , off the bench with some footwork and explosive pace around the ruck, could really make some impact as a point of difference....though can also see him attacking those edges as a backrower "Woodsie Styles"@;)

Haha ... my nickname was labrador ....

Don’t think tanginoa has the lateral movement and defensive smarts to be a top flight second rower. He also has no passing/offloading game at all.

We need someone like a wade graham in our second row, Curtis sironrn has the kinda game, I just don’t trust him to stay fit and deliver on the potential and consistency he would need too

Don’t think tanginoa has the lateral movement and defensive smarts to be a top flight second rower. He also has no passing/offloading game at all.

I'm not sure he has either .... but I won't be surprised by a few "inspired" suck it and see changes to the forward back ....

I'm not sure he has either .... but I won't be surprised by a few "inspired" suck it and see changes to the forward back ....
Regarding Tanginoa - would I be right in thinking that it was under Des that we had Joe Guluvao playing that bench role where he would come on in the last few mins of each half when everyone was knackered, and carve up with a combo of dummy half runs and hit ups? I see a lot of similarities between him and Tanga - size, speed, power etc. Low-to-the-ground props can do those dummy half runs effectively, and are generally quite unexpected.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8