Zorba this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have never seen Zorba or any other Manly affiliated person quoted as being bigger than the club . It would be blasphemy for any one to say such a thing .
Every one knows No one is bigger than the club .

The truth is some of us dream of playing in a Manly grand final winning team and others have made their dreams come true .
1973 Manly HEROES . Left to right . Irvine Zorba , O'neill , Wombat , The Incomparable immortal
View attachment 10559
His behaviour has been appalling, leaking things to our enemies at News Limited, undermining people at the club to maintain control, the place has been toxic for a long time and he is a major reason why!

His behaviour has been appalling, leaking things to our enemies at News Limited, undermining people at the club to maintain control, the place has been toxic for a long time and he is a major reason why!
There are politics at every club and there are stories being leaked to the media by every club .
The fact is there are factions in every club and every organization .
How bad is Zorba ? It depends which faction you are on .
Another fact is no one will ever appeal to everyone .
I have never been a factions follower . I try and fly under the radar like Des . Focus on the footy

There are politics at every club and there are stories being leaked to the media by every club .
The fact is there are factions in every club and every organization .
How bad is Zorba ? It depends which faction you are on .
Another fact is no one will ever appeal to everyone .
I have never been a factions follower . I try and fly under the radar like Des . Focus on the footy
The fact that he is no longer at the club officially makes things better, because I am sure you will agree with me that right now more than anytime in recent years we need to be a cohesive, professional and progressive club??

The fact that he is no longer at the club officially makes things better, because I am sure you will agree with me that right now more than anytime in recent years we need to be a cohesive, professional and progressive club??
We have been a successful club and won premierships with Peters on the roster . Success to me is a winning club .
Any way feathered friend I get your point that you are not a fan of Zorba and this is the forum that we all can speak our mind .

Thommo on last years form will be battling to get a run on spot this year ......
He was better then most last year. He put his body on the line and gave us some aggression in defense. With a good 5/8 he could really shine. Who is ahead of him according to you? Snap out of ot woody

He was better then most last year. He put his body on the line and gave us some aggression in defense. With a good 5/8 he could really shine. Who is ahead of him according to you? Snap out of ot woody

Mate .... didn't say he was a dud ..... he is a great bloke ..... he goes good ..... just not that good ....

Last year we had periods of having only 20 fit players ...... there was nobody ahead of him ...... Siro, Tanginoa, GoJetSki all injured for extnded periods ...

This year we have a new coach with a different plan ...... Thommo has competetion for a backrow spot .... and he is not a gimmee for mine ......

Mate .... didn't say he was a dud ..... he is a great bloke ..... he goes good ..... just not that good ....

Last year we had periods of having only 20 fit players ...... there was nobody ahead of him ...... Siro, Tanginoa, GoJetSki all injured for extnded periods ...

This year we have a new coach with a different plan ...... Thommo has competetion for a backrow spot .... and he is not a gimmee for mine ......

I find it very difficult to believe Des would waste Thommo's 600k. He will be a FG starter or he will be shopped. Competition? From whom? Only Tanga from where i'm looking and as an 80 minute second-rower, not much competition really. Maybe from the Waddell rookie?

I find it very difficult to believe Des would waste Thommo's 600k. He will be a FG starter or he will be shopped. Competition? From whom? Only Tanga from where i'm looking and as an 80 minute second-rower, not much competition really. Maybe from the Waddell rookie?

Des will pick his best team .... whomever he thinks that is ......

Imo the backrow will be
Thompson
Siro
Jakey boiiii
With tangles on the bench. I believe des will go with 2 props on the bench and a hooker

Luckily Thommo will play for a real Manly team this year. Not the shambles of last year. So il judge him then. Like someone said earlier he wants a few years in england so i wouldnt be surprised if this is his last year. Real keen to see who tjis pommie is .hopefully luke thompson as he seems to be a beast.

Luckily Thommo will play for a real Manly team this year. Not the shambles of last year.

... but, but, but, .... you make my point ... if we are paying him. ... as some suggest .... overs because he is such a wonderful player and influence on the young guys ...... then as you say .... he was spectacularly unsuccessful last year ......

Look, he is a good player .... but he was coming off the bench more than not at St George .... and IF we have a "real Manly team" this year ... all I am saying is he will have to work to make it .... because Dessie will have a different idea of what a 2nd rower is ....

... but, but, but, .... you make my point ... if we are paying him. ... as some suggest .... overs because he is such a wonderful player and influence on the young guys ...... then as you say .... he was spectacularly unsuccessful last year ......

Look, he is a good player .... but he was coming off the bench more than not at St George .... and IF we have a "real Manly team" this year ... all I am saying is he will have to work to make it .... because Dessie will have a different idea of what a 2nd rower is ....

Quite frankly Woodsie, no player in the Manly squad was any where near their best last year. We only saw the best of DCE and the Trbojevics in the SOOs. Not saying they didn't try, and they certainly were making decent yardage. But they didn't seem to know what to do next and often looked like a team expecting to lose. There was a lot of frustration I was seeing from DCE, TT and JT. But compared with other sides they were an unfit rabble. I think you can blame some of that on injuries. But I was very disappointed with attacking and defensive structures, lack of support play and some diabolical selections. It was a mess and Barrett looked from early on that he had no answers. Hopefully Des will wave that magic wand of his and address those failings and get us close, if not into the finals.

Aside of opinions on Thommo, is there any late news on this Pommie player???
Some far fetched pub rumours, but seems all a bit of a guess right now....if in fact, there is a player turning up.
Will change the Yarts and the entire team options, if is in fact true.

Aside of opinions on Thommo, is there any late news on this Pommie player???
Some far fetched pub rumours, but seems all a bit of a guess right now....if in fact, there is a player turning up.
Will change the Yarts and the entire team options, if is in fact true.

Just on yarts ..... I haven't seen one with Marty in the backrow for a while ...... seems to have gone out of fashion ....TTF ....

From the mole, so meh........but worth sharing

YOUNG PROP IN DEMAND

Half a dozen NRL clubs have been chasing boom St Helens forward Luke Thompson - but he is the man money can’t buy.

A 23-year-old prop who made his Test debut last year, Thompson is regarded as the best young forward in Super League.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2019%2F01%2F29%2F11%2F46%2F2901_LukeThompson_env.jpg

(Getty)
Knights coach Nathan Brown handed him his top grade debut as a teenager in 2013 and is just one of a host of coaches chasing the big prop.

But Thompson is happy to stay in England with money not a factor - his father is a multi-millionaire businessman.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8