Zorba this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes I'd rather wait and hear we've actually signed someone rather than have hopes dashed after falling for the old 'Manly is 99% certain to have signed Moylan/Pearce/etc' type of rumour.
I think you will find that Des plays his cards very close to his chest, along with Zorbs no longer in the tent don’t expect too many leaks in future

Rumour is circling again. Cut and pasted from an article from today...

Rookie Watch – Hearing that either Reuben Garrick or Albert Hopoate or both will be selected in the Manly starting team come Round 1.

Signing News – Keep an eye on Manly, whispers are around that they will sign a Pommy forward either before Round 1 or in opening month of season.
Has Tooves got the chequebook out for Luke Burgess again?

Does the lol at the end of his question mean he's taking the piss?... Could be a shocker signing and he's just being sarcastic....?

Old mate throws a lol in after most of his tweets - I'd imagine he's legit in what he's saying.

Yes I'd rather wait and hear we've actually signed someone rather than have hopes dashed after falling for the old 'Manly is 99% certain to have signed Moylan/Pearce/etc' type of rumour.

My reading of this is that Manly are 99% sure of chasing a Brit forward. That percentage probably drops into the low teens when confirming a signing is involved.

Interesting one this morning on twitter from Neil Evans in reply to The Mole around some other signing news.

"And what about a very shrewd and good apppointment at Manly found out about yesterday"

Someone then commented if it happened to be the English forward. Then I see the mole liked that comment. Other comments where made but the mole only liked that one. The Mole also rules out Thompson in a separate post.
Must be a different English import on their way to Manly this season. But who?

Last edited:
I was thinking James Roby even at the age could add some much needed experience and big match poise that DES could want amongst such a young squad, but nope he is staying put.

Id prefer it be someone else but Georgie B must be firming, no secret he wants more coin than the Bunnies can afford or want to give. Amone to the Bunnies may suggest Bunnies have to let someone go. Amone is forward.

Its not a Brit coming to help us out. Its one of Trump's children, coming to show how to get our finances on track:banghead:

I have a good feeling it is Luke Thompson and will be at Manly 2019....just a gut feeling
It doesn't make any sense to me why an Englishman would sign with us a month or two after the superleague season has already started. Unless the Englishman already lives in Australia.

It doesn't make any sense to me why an Englishman would sign with us a month or two after the superleague season has already started. Unless the Englishman already lives in Australia.
It does not make sense and sounds ridiculous . As one great man was quotes as saying ....
There's gotta be an investigation into this!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6