The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
But is there a dead set gun ?

Poo? .... I'd love to see Haumole Olakau'atu get a run in firsts, off the bench .... Sirro is becoming a bit of a gun .... Ethan Lowe is off contract next season ... maybe we could make a play for him ... he is a gun & a great goal kicker

C'mon, say something nice about Manly, I know you can do it.

Oh captain my captain, you are one of the more dim witted dux(es) I have come across.....

Being a Manly supporter does not mean I should stick my head in the sand and wiggle my arse for all things Manly.
The club is presently run by f***ing idiots!

We were once one of the premier clubs in the ARL/NRL and the self serving pr*cks who have squabbled over ownership and power over the last years will surely take us to extinction or NRL ownership!

The present recruitment team is also garbage, and it's not for no reason that we cannot attract and sign a marquee player!

(for f***s sake we had a ton of marquee players, Foz wanted to leave and left, DCE wanted to leave, Snake, Matai, Glen, Choc.........all wanted out...........you think this is because the club's management has any f***ing idea?)

Here's something nice...............maroon and white will always be my favourite colours!

Oh captain my captain, you are one of the more dim witted dux(es) I have come across.....

Being a Manly supporter does not mean I should stick my head in the sand and wiggle my arse for all things Manly.

We were once one of the premier clubs in the ARL/NRL and the self serving pr*cks who have squabbled over ownership and power over the last years will surely take us to extinction or NRL ownership!

The present recruitment team is also garbage, and it's not for no reason that we cannot attract and sign a marquee player!

(for f***s sake we had a ton of marquee players, Foz wanted to leave and left, DCE wanted to leave, Snake, Matai, Glen, Choc.........all wanted out...........you think this is because the club's management has any f***ing idea?)

Here's something nice...............maroon and white will always be my favourite colours!

Charming.

We are certainly going to be well off for big props next season: Kapow, Blakey, Penny, Perret, Sippers, Tent, Tango . . .

To be fair I thought Frankie W had a reasonably fair year.

He’s no superstar but he did better than I expected.

I’d still love to pick up a game changer for that position but if we can’t Frank & Curtis will do a job.
Agree although we need at least one second rower that makes metres and gets involved plenty. Siro does that on occasion although plays a completely different role. Winterstein plays similar, although is less effective. He certainly doesn't have a negative impact, it's more that he has too little. Perhaps off the bench is best for him, he can come on and either stabilise or play that bulldozing role, simplifying his game to 20 minutes where he just gives his all

I agree. Our problems have been self-inflicted, with all the infighting/factions etc etc, although most people blame Greenberg and the NRL. Dinosaurs like Zorba need to be ousted from the club and a competent CEO installed that has the FULL backing of the Penn family.

Cartwright is just marking time until he gets a better job and Barrett has no loyalty to Manly and is in no rush to re-sign.

No will admit it but I will and no one will like it but the club is being run fine, we look in order and back to a stable club. Recruiting is probably best in the league over the past couple of seasons since tooves left and Barrett started. Anyone who thinks our recruitment has been anything less than outstanding is an idiot.

You want to blame someone for all the nonsense before Tooves left blame the old blokes like Choc and Snake, I love those blokes but they caused a rip in the team because they lost Gifty, forgot the NRL is a business and people blame the club for all of it. But really the club was doing everything right, injuries and age were catching up with a couple of players so they let them go like a normal smart club would, then proceeded to retain our young halves who should have been the priorities over the older players. Its stupid that people blame everyone bar the players.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10