The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Your argument was, we have "garbage recruitment team" - just not true. You cannot simply recruit 17 blue chip players, it is impossible so the 2nd tier/up and coming players can be a gamble and every club has that same issue. Take Jack Gosiewski for example, bad recruitment or smart? He has great potential but will it be realised? I hope so but if he turns out a flop it is hardly bad recruitment as the upside is huge. What about Blake Green? It certainly wasn't a bad recruitment as he filled a hole in our team when there was no other 5/8 on the market.

International Players that are far from being "liberal";

Tapau and AFB - NZ
Turbo's - Australia
Walker - Would have been in the squad had it not been for his injury
Uate - Even though he is playing in the Fiji team, he has played 5 tests for Australia thus "International"

Can you debate your case without getting personal?

Look firstly it's ridiculous giving the recruitment team credit for retaining the Trbojevic brothers!

You know if you throw enough darts, you eventually hit the board, and maybe also the occasional bulls eye.

Let's talk Lewis Brown, Matthew Wright , Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Cameron Cullen, Nate Myles, Jarrad Kennedy, Pita Godinet, Luke Burgess, Jayden Hodges, Isaac John, Blake Leary, Nathan Green, etc etc etc

All recruited recently (say 2014 on)...................and all pretty much useless!!!!

I'm also sure this list is only the start..........

So pointing to a few isolated gems is certainly a misleading way to prove an argument.

On the whole, the recruitment team is pretty sh*t at assessing future talent (and that's with both gambling on future players or buying discards from other clubs)

So a mix of qualities across the park is what you define as our problem ?

Is that not what occurs naturally as a team rebuilds, post a long term cycle of success ?

So tell us all. How would you rebuild us faster and not have us become the Sydney City Rooster Eagles Birds and replace Penn with Politis.

I think someone else already mentioned this...................

Other clubs (e.g. Melb, Brisbane) are not nearly having the number of "misses" when they are attempting to supplement the stars on the roster. Our club is sh*t at it.
We do not find those middle shelf payers ......................our recruitment all ends up bottom shelf.

My criticism is against the recruitment team........particularly when you compare to other clubs.

Other clubs (e.g. Melb, Brisbane) are not nearly having the number of "misses" when they are attempting to supplement the stars on the roster. Our club is sh*t at it.
We do not find those middle shelf payers ......................our recruitment all ends up bottom shelf.
My criticism is against the recruitment team........particularly when you compare to other clubs.

So we are on the downward spiral or the upward trend ?

Compare us to lets say, Newcastle, or the Warriors, Titans, or Perth or Norths or Lebanon.

Look firstly it's ridiculous giving the recruitment team credit for retaining the Trbojevic brothers!

You know if you throw enough darts, you eventually hit the board, and maybe also the occasional bulls eye.

Let's talk Lewis Brown, Matthew Wright , Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Cameron Cullen, Nate Myles, Jarrad Kennedy, Pita Godinet, Luke Burgess, Jayden Hodges, Isaac John, Blake Leary, Nathan Green, etc etc etc

All recruited recently (say 2014 on)...................and all pretty much useless!!!!

I'm also sure this list is only the start..........

So pointing to a few isolated gems is certainly a misleading way to prove an argument.

On the whole, the recruitment team is pretty sh*t at assessing future talent (and that's with both gambling on future players or buying discards from other clubs)
Well results tell us otherwise.

Definitely DCE , Marty & the Turbos
(you're stretching it with Api & Walks)

The problem is not with the few top shelf players we have, it's that we have lots of bottom shelfers (who other clubs would only dream of having if they were having nightmares @;))

Wright, Kelly, Brown, Winterstein, Hastings, Lussick......................all would struggle to get a game anywhere else
Walker and Koroisau are for sure up there, both had amazing seasons and were arguably among the top 3 best in their position for the whole comp. Name our dud recruits? Please list them.

Heres our squad at full strength and what they would rate

1 T Trbojevic 5 out of 5
2 Taufua 3 out of 5
3 Walker 5 out of 5
4 Kelly 3 out of 5
5 Uate 4 out of 5
6 Green 4 out of 5
7 Cherry-Evans 5 out of 5
8 Lussick 3 out of 5
9 Koroisau 5 out of 5
10 Taupau 5 out of 5
11 Winterstein 3 out of 5
12 Sironen 4 out of 5
13 J Trbojevic 5 out of 5

14 Brown 3 out of 5
15 Perrett 3 out of 5
16 Sipley 3 out of 5
17 Fonua-Blake 4 out of 5

Here is the Sharks who have added a couple of stars

1 Holmes 4 out of 5
2 Feki 3 out of 5
3 Dugan 4 out of 5
4 Leutele 3 out of 5
5 Raimen 2 out of 5
6 Moylan 4 out of 5
7 Townsend 3 out of 5
8 Fifita 4 out of 5
9 Brailey 3 out of 5
10 Prior 3 out of 5
11 Lewis 4 out of 5
12 Graham 4 out of 5
13 Gallen 4 out of 5

14 Segeyaro 3 out of 5
15 Bukuya 3 out of 5
16 Seumanufagai 2 out of 5
17 Paulo 2 out of 5

I think we have a cracking side and enough stars to win the comp, everyside has the same type and number of young guns, journey men we have. Its a part of running a club, not every player can be a 1mil plus player.

So we are on the downward spiral or the upward trend ?

Compare us to lets say, Newcastle, or the Warriors, Titans, or Perth or Norths or Lebanon.

I guess it all about ambition then isn't it..........

You wanna compete against the "Newcastle, Warriors, Titans, or Perth or Norths or Lebanon" of this world..........?

I want Manly to be competing against the Storm & Broncos.

At least you are easily pleased.

I guess it all about ambition then isn't it..........

You wanna compete against the "Newcastle, Warriors, Titans, or Perth or Norths or Lebanon" of this world..........?

I want Manly to be competing against the Storm & Broncos.

Considering we almost toppled both the storm and broncos at our best this year and seeing it was the players first full year together and they are mostly young and inexperienced that tells me we are on the up and will be beating them soon, we also got the roosters twice in 2017, the later we beat them easily so that also tells me at our best we can compete with anyone.

OMG ........the "ignored member" button actually means you never see any of that person's posts!
They disappear completely ........so cool!!! @:cool::clap::party:

Heres our squad at full strength and what they would rate

1 T Trbojevic 5 out of 5
2 Taufua 3 out of 5
3 Walker 5 out of 5
4 Kelly 3 out of 5
5 Uate 4 out of 5
6 Green 4 out of 5
7 Cherry-Evans 5 out of 5
8 Lussick 3 out of 5
9 Koroisau 5 out of 5
10 Taupau 5 out of 5
11 Winterstein 3 out of 5
12 Sironen 4 out of 5
13 J Trbojevic 5 out of 5

14 Brown 3 out of 5
15 Perrett 3 out of 5
16 Sipley 3 out of 5
17 Fonua-Blake 4 out of 5
You are extremely generous turbo. Some players shouldn't even be in the team let alone being given a rating.

I think someone else already mentioned this...................

To be honest I think Melbourne ****ed up big time with nate Myles recruitment so they ain't perfect. But I think the difference is realising when you've bought a donkey and dropping them from the side. We still have a few donkeys lurking in first grade. I'd rather give our young stallions an opportunity instead of hoping the donkeys turn into stallions. And I hate when people say they are depth signings. To me that's another way of saying they are crap but we couldn't recruit anyone else with promise.

I think we have a cracking side and enough stars to win the comp, everyside has the same type and number of young guns, journey men we have. Its a part of running a club, not every player can be a 1mil plus player.

Turbo you rate Api a 5 and Moylan a 4... put down the crack pipe

Koroisau was easily the NRLs form hooker behind Smith this season and was unlucky to not pick up an origin jumper, also got a spot in the png side while Moylan was lucky to be not in reserves.

How many games did Moylan play this year? Mitchell Pearce is 28 and has played nearly 230 games, despite being rubbed out most of last season for dog gate. Matt Moylan is 26 and has played 80 odd games for Penrith. API is durable and hard, never takes a backward step. Won a premiership At nine playing against Michael Ennis. Loved by his teammates and coach, who say he is an integral cog in the side and under valued by many, but not by them. And he ain’t no sook. In summary, he’s a quality player, and getting better. Is he a five? He is to the payers and coach. I wouldn’t swap him. And I sure as hell wouldn’t swap him for Matt Moylan.

Upward trend equals future ambition does it not.

So no analysis or acknowledgement from you as to our improvement over the last 2 years and no analysis or prediction from you as to our future.

I also see you don't offer a solution. How politician of you.

Do you have a dim view or is it a dimwit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8