The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jigzkiller

Bencher
How do you know the club is sitting on its hands?
How do you know their pinning their hopes on discards?
So much insider knowledge.

No it's an opinion no more valid than yours. Yep discards Croker and Gronk are exactly that. Considering the cap if our cap is tight after no Matai no Stewart Myles sent packing BJ gone than it has been grossly mismanaged. How do I know they weren't in the market 2 or 4 months ago? Well I hope they weren't because if they were so far they have netted Croker and Gronk hardly a great net.
I'd never claim to have such knowledge

I never claimed inside info it's just an opinion which is what forums are for surely?

D

Deleted member 24974

Forget Crichton fellas, according to tomorrow’s Telegraph if Pearce goes the Roosters will aim to recruit Crichton with the money they save on him.

Laughable.

Well if the Rooster have more money left in there salary cap, Manly have to go back to Thompson. We need to be careful though, if Manly buy any player I’m sure the NRL will raid Brookvale looking for any salary cap breaches.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The salary cap is a farce and embarrassing. Even players during interviews are expressing surprise at how clubs are fitting in so many stars.The NRL must rate the players minimum value for the purposes of the salary cap just as Schubert did with Foloau when Parra wanted to sign him. Then the club must be obliged to disclose all of the TPA payments the player is to receive to the NRL before the contract is registered. There should in my view be a cap on TPAs. At the moment the big boys are making a mockery of the objective of the Cap whilst the NRL is persecuting us. You don’t have to be ironstone to figure that out.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
The salary cap is a farce and embarrassing. Even players during interviews are expressing surprise at how clubs are fitting in so many stars.The NRL must rate the players minimum value for the purposes of the salary cap just as Schubert did with Foloau when Parra wanted to sign him. Then the club must be obliged to disclose all of the TPA payments the player is to receive to the NRL before the contract is registered. There should in my view be a cap on TPAs. At the moment the big boys are making a mockery of the objective of the Cap whilst the NRL is persecuting us. You don’t have to be ironstone to figure that out.

The NRL also stepped in an blocked an offer Manly made to Glenn Stewart by saying he was valued higher.

Seems they only step in against certain clubs! The game is a joke & the agenda-driven head office is killing it!

Ryan

Journey Man
I personally enjoyed league because of legends like Beaver. It was about community, club, demographic.

Now, it's all about money, mercenary players, and business.

The passion has gone. I feel this is why television ratings and crowd numbers are so down.

And the players need to be held accountable in all of that. They are demanding all this extra cash from The NRL, while their product has a regressing customer base.

And I think it comes down to the lack of balance. Some clubs with their ridiculous 3rd party deals. We would have never been in the mix in REALITY for James Roberts with The Broncos, because they could have afforded to pay whatever they want to win him in the end.

This is why our club succeeds mainly when players agree to get paid unders to stay together, or our 2nd tier players play above their actual quality.

Excitements gone. Even the coaching staff is like this now, as well.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It is quite simple.....Every single payment to payers, including wages and TPA's need to be paid by the NRL directly to the player.

Any monies, goods, services, etc not granted via the NRL are deemed illegal and therefore punishable.
Suppliers pay the NRL the agreed amount and the NRL pays the player.

points cap. eliminate tpas by making them all legal - like now clubs get a grant of x amount to spend from the nrl. when spent in line with the guidelines properly, it allows you to field a squad worth xxx amount of 'points', roosters can stack their roster all they want with dodgy cash, but they can only field a team worth xxx amount of points in a game. Who'd want to go there if you aren't getting regular game time because they have too many stars?
No-one outside the NRL and Club knows a players negotiated salary, but everyone knows their point value, it goes next to their name on the team list. fans see the total of the named team and know if the squad is well managed or not.
Players points get updated each off season by a special independent team going off set criteria. discounts for promoting juniors / long term players, penalties on players breaking contracts, and those who get in the ****, instead of their salary going down with a one way ticket to bondi, their points value goes up, making them less attractive and more of a risk to sign.
During the off season players can appeal and present a case if they think their point value is incorrect.
Trades / Drafting can only happen in November (major period) anyone wishing to go in a draft or a trade has to lodge the week after the GF and they get their points value re-assessed first. Also have a week long trade window during a stand alone origin round (minor period) for clubs to tweak roster if any injuries etc.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm thinking we have around 9 second rowers at the club... maybe more

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18