The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Anyone who thinks our recruitment has been anything less than outstanding is an idiot.

Really? calling people with a different opinion idiots? some people may think the recruiting has been good (not outstanding) but they are entitled to that opinion without a 15 year old calling them idiots.

Really? calling people with a different opinion idiots? some people may think the recruiting has been good (not outstanding) but they are entitled to that opinion without a 15 year old calling them idiots.
Its not an opinion when they troll, and Ill stand by that comment as its pretty obvious our recruitment has been outstanding, players form and results of our club show this and back this up. People come on here and whinge that the recruitment hasnt been good without no supporting facts to back it up and they always want origin world class players and it is stupid to think the club can go and recruit a 1mil plus player all the time. No two ways around it, its stupid. And my age shouldn't have anything to do with this, pretty stupid you brought it up tbh.

I don't take things personally, especially coming certain posters. I don't think I care enough about what he thinks to become upset. I don't know how old he is but it is like arguing with my kids. They know everything, don't they. Considering the standard of education these days, I am impressed with his broad vocabulary. Idiot, stupid, troll, dumb? Outstanding!!!

Pretty good effort for a "garbage recruitment team" - 8 Internationals

Tapau, Uate, Korisau, Walker, Sironen signed - great job
AFB re-signed - great job
Turbo's re-signed - great job

I knew it wouldn't be long before you popped up!
(I do appreciate your dedication though .......it's some effort .....all those "positive" ratings for every one of my posts.....)

Want to list all the misses too.................

And just to be clear ....so on ST we now use the term "internationals" in the liberal sense?
(i.e. every WC when players become "internationals" when other countries need to fill their teams and scavenge through the ranks of the NRL for that long lost Grandmother)

I could list 50 "internationals" playing at this years WC that would struggle to get a game in the NRL!!

Calling people trolls and idiots will not shutdown opinions. As for stating you are 15 maybe you will grow up some day. Either way I just found the ignore feature on the forum.
I didnt name anyone mate and Ive had my opinion shut down numerous times yet Ive stuck by it, someone telling Im wrong doesnt turn me away, I dont run and hide. Im not here to tell anyone what to say or do what Im saying is I hate some of the opinions on here as do people of mine but its ok and words should not turn anyone away. Id love to see people keep telling me Im wrong because it creates a discussion and thats what this forum is for. Did I go about it the wrong way, sure and Im sorry if it hurt anyones "feelings":rofl:

And my age is not a problem mate and Im for sure not the one chucking a sook.@:cry:

I don't take things personally, especially coming certain posters. I don't think I care enough about what he thinks to become upset. I don't know how old he is but it is like arguing with my kids. They know everything, don't they. Considering the standard of education these days, I am impressed with his broad vocabulary. Idiot, stupid, troll, dumb? Outstanding!!!
Get aboard the hate train all aboard, fark me this is funny:rofl:

(I do appreciate your dedication though .......it's some effort .....all those "positive" ratings for every one of my posts.....)

And just to be clear ....so on ST we now use the term "internationals" in the liberal sense?
(i.e. every WC when players become "internationals" when other countries need to fill their teams and scavenge through the ranks of the NRL for that long lost Grandmother)

I could list 50 "internationals" playing at this years WC that would struggle to get a game in the NRL!!
The players he named as our internationals are all playing for pretty good sides in the world cup mate and they are all damn good nrl players.

And my age is not a problem mate and Im for sure not the one chucking a sook.@:cry:
I have to agree with Turbo...................his age is not the problem..........its the fact he's as thick as pigsh*t....................!

FB.jpg

Its not an opinion when they troll, and Ill stand by that comment as its pretty obvious our recruitment has been outstanding, players form and results of our club show this and back this up. People come on here and whinge that the recruitment hasnt been good without no supporting facts to back it up and they always want origin world class players and it is stupid to think the club can go and recruit a 1mil plus player all the time. No two ways around it, its stupid. And my age shouldn't have anything to do with this, pretty stupid you brought it up tbh.
Its funny when you look at our side, we have some players that other clubs would only dream of having . Turbos , Dce , Walks , Marty Api to name a few . We are pretty lucky when you sit back and have a look . But a couple more wouldn't hurt .

Its funny when you look at our side, we have some players that other clubs would only dream of having . Turbos , Dce , Walks , Marty Api to name a few . We are pretty lucky when you sit back and have a look . But a couple more wouldn't hurt .

Definitely DCE , Marty & the Turbos
(you're stretching it with Api & Walks)

The problem is not with the few top shelf players we have, it's that we have lots of bottom shelfers (who other clubs would only dream of having if they were having nightmares @;))

Wright, Kelly, Brown, Winterstein, Hastings, Lussick......................all would struggle to get a game anywhere else

Why are you even on this site mate all you do is complain and sook and hate on everyone, have you ever said anything with substance behind it? Anything good to say?

I've just been sent a warning that this site is very sensitive to anything which may be deemed "child abuse" .................so I'm just going to go look for that "ignore" button that someone else mentioned.

Your argument was, we have "garbage recruitment team" - just not true. You cannot simply recruit 17 blue chip players, it is impossible so the 2nd tier/up and coming players can be a gamble and every club has that same issue. Take Jack Gosiewski for example, bad recruitment or smart? He has great potential but will it be realised? I hope so but if he turns out a flop it is hardly bad recruitment as the upside is huge. What about Blake Green? It certainly wasn't a bad recruitment as he filled a hole in our team when there was no other 5/8 on the market.

International Players that are far from being "liberal";

Tapau and AFB - NZ
Turbo's - Australia
Walker - Would have been in the squad had it not been for his injury
Uate - Even though he is playing in the Fiji team, he has played 5 tests for Australia thus "International"

Can you debate your case without getting personal?

The problem is not with the few top shelf players we have, it's that we have lots of bottom shelfers (who other clubs would only dream of having if they were having nightmares @;))

So a mix of qualities across the park is what you define as our problem ?

Is that not what occurs naturally as a team rebuilds, post a long term cycle of success ?

So tell us all. How would you rebuild us faster and not have us become the Sydney City Rooster Eagles Birds and replace Penn with Politis.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10