• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are far too many pages on this thread for me to read, so apologies in advance if the answer is already somewhere here. Why (or who) would release this news if a deal with Manly was not already signed, sealed and delivered to the NRL?

Both GC, Neil Henry and Raiders, Ricky Stuart are trying to pressure on both DCE and Sezer through the media using the "trust card".

I wonder how this will impact on DCE performance tonight, and possibly the team.

I they get too caught up in whats happening around DCE then they might be distracted tonight.

Mabye it was hasler who released the rumour... consipiracy. @:eek:

There are far too many pages on this thread for me to read, so apologies in advance if the answer is already somewhere here. Why (or who) would release this news if a deal with Manly was not already signed, sealed and delivered to the NRL?

Here is a re-cap for you:
  • We dont know who has released it, its was a scoop on Nine news, its grown from there.
  • We know that Titans CEO released a statement stating they have spoken to Orr (DCE manager) who has stated that DCE is honouring his deal
  • Neil Henry has stated they expect him to stay
  • Negotiations over Nate Myles has turned sour, to the point that Orr (both Myles and DCEs manager) and the titans are having big disagreements. There is the possibility that this was leaked by Orr as a bargaining chip to force the Titans to pay big dollars for Myles.
  • Paul Kent stated that its a possibility the fallout between Orr and the titans means that Orr will pull all player contracts still in negotiation an go elsewhere.
  • Myles is apparently a good friend of DCE and DCE is not happy about the titans not offering a decent contract
  • Manly on the other hand have said 'No Comment' from both Penn and Kelly
  • Manly are in the market for Nate Myles, another curve ball in this saga. Also rumoured to be offering solid money now to elgey.
  • DCE himself has not said a word
  • DCE mum however has been all over twitter saying its total BS
  • DCE and Toovey both in the last week in interviews have given subtle hints about a possiblity of him staying. DCE has said on multiple occasions, he would have prefered to stay.
  • Bob Fulton is back into the fold, and its possibly no coincidence this comes out the week he is back. The club admitted that they stuffed up DCE negotiations.
I think that is basically it.

Like I said, it was actully Hasler, all part of his plan to win tonight. :)

Last edited:
I really don't think Orr would be playing Russian roulette with the commission on a 1.3 mil deal at the Titans, so I think we can count him out as the leak. He has more to lose than gain by leaking this. The Titans could get wind of something brewing at Manly, and withdraw their offer, leaving Manly in a position of power. Some have suggested it's to bump up Myles offer at the Titans, but he would be more concerned with keeping his 1.3mil client happy, than his 500-600k client happy.

I really don't think Orr would be playing Russian roulette with the commission on a 1.3 mil deal at the Titans, so I think we can count him out as the leak. He has more to lose than gain by leaking this. The Titans could get wind of something brewing at Manly, and withdraw their offer, leaving Manly in a position of power. Some have suggested it's to bump up Myles offer at the Titans, but he would be more concerned with keeping his 1.3mil client happy, than his 500-600k client happy.

This is a good point snake. Can the titans withdraw though? I thought only the player can pull out.

The only thing I could think is that if DCE has stated that he wants to stay at manly, and the manly board has actually already tabled an offer. Knowing it is lower than the Titans offer he is trying to force the titans to pay overs for myles.

Possibly the combined DCE/Myles offer that manly can offer works out to be the same as the titans.

Plus what stops Scott Penn paying Orr for his 'lost' commission if DCE pulls out.

This is a good point snake. Can the titans withdraw though? I thought only the player can pull out.

The only thing I could think is that if DCE has stated that he wants to stay at manly, and the manly board has actually already tabled an offer. Knowing it is lower than the Titans offer he is trying to force the titans to pay overs for myles.

Possibly the combined DCE/Myles offer that manly can offer works out to be the same as the titans.

Plus what stops Scott Penn paying Orr for his 'lost' commission if DCE pulls out.
At some point you have to consider he will just do what his client wants it doesn't matter about his commission because if he doesn't do what Daly wants someone else will and he'll get nothing. Also I reckon the tits would have been a lot of third party. Non guaranteed 3rd parties is dangerous for an agent as well as a player.

I also find it really funny how often sticky ends up in these situations lol. Papalli reneged on a deal to go and play for sticky at parra. Lucky he did because now he plays for sticky. Tedesco reneged on going to play for sticky. And milford wouldn't renege to play for sticky. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Common denominator anyone?

Or maybe we've accrued a new Third party Sponsor...and after further consideration we've decided to up our original offer.

At some point you have to consider he will just do what his client wants it doesn't matter about his commission because if he doesn't do what Daly wants someone else will and he'll get nothing. Also I reckon the tits would have been a lot of third party. Non guaranteed 3rd parties is dangerous for an agent as well as a player.

I also find it really funny how often sticky ends up in these situations lol. Papalli reneged on a deal to go and play for sticky at parra. Lucky he did because now he plays for sticky. Tedesco reneged on going to play for sticky. And milford wouldn't renege to play for sticky. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Common denominator anyone?
Proctor too albeit verbally...

Also, the arrival of Bob Fulton and DCE's supposed change of heart seem a little bit more than coincidental as far as I'm concerned.

Or maybe we've accrued a new Third party Sponsor...and after further consideration we've decided to up our original offer.

I think we probably have no choice but to offer higher than we did last time. Last time we were trying to keep 2 international halves, now we only have 1 to keep. SO we have alot more salary cap space now that Foz isnt hogging it. Irrespective of TPA.

Seems to me that Daly deep in his heart of hearts would much prefer to stay at Manly, perhaps even the appeal of being a one club man is there too. The silence on his and the club's behalf is probably just prudence. The club would be silly to publicly announce anything other than he's definitely gone or he's definitely staying, as would Daly. Their silence implies to me that there is still a lot of uncertainty.

The Titans on the other hand, by publicly denying the backflip, are using the media as a powerful tool to put pressure on Daly to honour the contract. His mum is the most interesting piece of the puzzle, it could be that she is so desperately wanting him to move closer to her that she's not wanting it to be true, or it could be that it's not true and she's flustered by the insinuation.

Either way it seems pretty clear that Nate Myles is the piece of the puzzle that needs to fall one way or another before this gets resolved.

And on another note, I am disgusted by the way the NRL has jumped in to take over the Titans. It is a massive conflict of interest and hugely unfair to the other 15 clubs.
He would prefer to stay at manly as long as Manly matched the Titans offer.

It is all about the money with him

Post match interview tonight:

Freddy: "Great game Cherry and a great win, you look like your back!"
DCE: "Thanks Freddy, great to get a win up, all the boys played well."
Freddy: "Speaking of being back...are you backflipping on the Titans"
DCE: "Ha ha, I was never going Freddy. I talked them into a massive offer as soon as I heard the NRL was bank rolling them. Then waited until every other decent half was off the market, now I'm telling them to get stuffed. The NRL has s*** on Manly for years. This was my way of getting a little pay back. The fact Myles and Elgey are coming with me was the icing on the cake!"

The interview is then interrupted by breaking news that Brad Arthur has stepped down at Parramatta to go back to assistant at Manly. The Eels are quick to confirm Ricky Stuart will be back as his replacement. Suck s*** Foz and Choc.

Hey...a bloke's allowed to dream isn't he?

If that happened I'd fair dinkum cream my undies !!

Isn't his deal wit
He would prefer to stay at manly as long as Manly matched the Titans offer.

It is all about the money with him
Match money, not terms. No player option after two years.

I have no issue with the NRL taking over the Titans in the short to medium term. They have a sh!tload at stake. TV rights anyone? If a team folds and there is one less game a week that would have massive impacts I would assume. As long as they are playing by the rules and adhering the salary cap I see no problem. I have seen nothing to suggest they are not doing this. But maybe if I put on my tin foil hat I might start seeing things differently.
Massive conflict of interest the games governing body owning a club no matter for how long.

The licence should have been sold to new owners as soon as the existing club was unable to continue

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6