• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No way, cleary is the perfect footballer he has it all. Plus his consistency to play at a high level is also what separates the 2. Iv seen Nathan Cleary win games and get his team back into a game. Dce i haven't seem him do this in years! Maybe a field goal. For example a few weeks back against the titans. We are down 10 nil and Foran is absolutely blasting the boys behind the sticks! Then Foran along with turbo lead the team and got back in the game. Once we had the lead dce came alive. Before then he had no input to get us back in the game. He buckles to pressure we have all seen it. Its upto the team to take pressure off him and thats exactly why Des got Foran. Smells like 2011 to me! Foran the better half until the end of season where dce builds into the better half for the finals run!

Dce is building at the right time of the year, he has killed the dogs and tigers but had a terrible origin series against the best of the best. This sharks game i expect him to carry on this form and kill them. BUT! He needs to perform against storm! We can't win a comp without him firing against the big guns

Cleary has been able to play at a top level with a top side. When DCE had a top side about him he was winning awards for his performances. A few years ago Cleary was not considered such a star, just very good. DCE in my opinion has all the skills. Defence is excellent, kicking is superior to any I've seen (has the best 40-20 record by far for example), he's one of the fastest in the game over 30 metres. He creates like few others in that position can, and is so resilient. How often is he unavailable. And he is a great leader. Without him and Turbo Manly are middle range at best

under the radar 2021 style
Injuries and suspensions have also proven thorns in Manly’s side during season 2021 – Josh Schuster, Curtis Sironen, Jack Gosiewski and Dylan Walker are among the key Sea Eagles to have spent significant time on the sidelines this year
Possibly fair enough but I think it's the first article not quoting tom as a key sea eagle injured, lol.

So next week he will go into the top 5 most capped as he moves past Des. By the end of his contract he will be our most capped player ever, as he should reel in Cliffy by that time. Unless he gets injured or moved on. He's been here a long time and has been resilient, I'll give him that much

309 Cliff Lyons 1986-99
280 Steve Menzies 1993-99, 2003-08 (349 with NE)​

278 Anthony Watmough 2003- 14 (286 with NE)​

263 Alan Thompson 1973-84​

255 Des Hasler 1984-93, 95-96​

[238 Geoff Toovey 1988-99 (286 with NE)]​

Last edited:
So next week he will go into the top 5 most capped as he moves past Des. 9 more games and he can become our most capped half. By the end of his contract he will be our most capped player ever, as he should reel in Cliffy by that time. Unless he gets injured or moved on. He's been here a long time and has been resilient, I'll give him that much
Beaver played 349 but 69 were for Northern Eagles. I don't care what the official stats say, he is the most capped Sea Eagle in my mind.

Beaver played 349 but 69 were for Northern Eagles. I don't care what the official stats say, he is the most capped Sea Eagle in my mind.
You won't get many arguments on here - but unfortunately the official stats are unlikely to ever reflect that. I'm not that excited about DCE potentially becoming our number one - I don't hold him in the same regard as Beaver or Cliffy

You won't get many arguments on here - but unfortunately the official stats are unlikely to ever reflect that. I'm not that excited about DCE potentially becoming our number one - I don't hold him in the same regard as Beaver or Cliffy
Beaver and Cliffy are right up there with Fulton, Eadie and Randall as Manly Gods. DCE sits a bit lower then those guys ATM, and its highly unlikely he will ever sit amongst this pantheon of MWSE gods. Three premierships in a row (21/22/23) and I might change my mind. :cool:

I don't get the Cherry disdain. It irks me. The man has stuck with us through T Barrett FFS..... through all the board dramas. Through the blow ups with Watmough and Foz and everything that went with it. He has never said a bad word about our club. he has captained the club, his state, and his country. He will one day play the most game sof all time for us. And he will win 3 or 4 premierships through all that time. In a period of the Storm cheating wins, the Roosters ripping the cap and everything in between....

The man is a gift. Never brought shame to us, speaks eloquently, a great role model for our children.

Cliffy was great - don't get me wrong. Could put beaver through the slightest of gaps, and the most lovely man you will ever meet. I am not saying ANYONE on those lists is not deserving of being held up as legends.

I also wish we saw the name Jason King on those lists a bit more too.... but I will put that aside. One club players who give their whole career for our club, never/barely put a foot wrong in the media, and act as amazing role models for children..... thats a hero to me

I wonder how DCE’s career would’ve turned out if Manly didn’t botch his contract negotiation and signed him up for $700k or whatever it was that he wanted at the time.

He could have been a totally different player if he didn’t have all the hate surrounding him, and by now he’d probably be on the same money anyway.

I think he does remarkably well to deal with all the hate - particularly from his home state, but also from fans of his own club - but it must take its toll on him mentally.

Daly Cherry-Evans has ruled out returning to Queensland to lead Brisbane’s proposed new expansion club as the Maroons and Manly skipper outlined his dream to engineer another Sea Eagles premiership.
Cherry-Evans backed the NRL’s plans for a 17-team competition and as Queensland captain, ‘DCE’ would be a prime target to spearhead a new Brisbane club to co-exist with the Broncos and finish his career on home soil.

Funny how the media are asking all our long term stalwarts if they want to head off shore haha. Marty needed to confirm he is staying. DCE wants to stay. Keep trying media, you numbnuts.

It's not working.

That's because they know this team has the qualities (maybe with one or two additions) of winning the premiership, if not this year, then certainly in the next year or two depending upon injuries. They know a new age of the Sea Eagle is on the rise. And like many, I have been stunned this year in how quickly it has happened. I gave it another year or two.

The haters have on gone quiet, for years they have been saying DCE is overrated, over paid and underperforming.

This year DCE has shown great leadership, and has one of the best passing and kicking games in the NRL. At 32 years of age, he is playing one of his best seasons
As someone still flying the flag for value for money in a salary cap era ill take a @BOZO bozoism and borrow it

Perspective. Being someone on a manly forum that thinks DCE is over paid and over rated is a bit like being an anti vaxxer in the real world, but worry not i was pfeizered in May

And of course it comes with the same rhetoric , the abuse, the sarcasm , the generally a fair dose of malcontent and we all have varying thresholds for such nonsense

These types of reactions do more to quiet the opinions and observation of the so called DCE haters than his form will ever will

Anyway footy

Best passing game hey . Beautiful pass, selection , not so much. So what determines a pass, deliver or target, both

Anyway thats my bit

AFB Best prop, worst contract. How did that work out ?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8