Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Daly Cherrygraph

Nordburg

Bencher
Reaction score
I honestly can’t put a foot on what dce is lacking the only thing I notice is most other halfbacks run the ball straight on occasions through a gap whereas dce doesn’t.He just runs to much sideways.
I suspect it’s his age and the amount of games he’s played.Watch his tackling these days,he doesn’t put his body on the line like he used to and the same could be said for his running with the ball

Snake

Snakes Alive!!!
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of DCE and although he wasn't going to do much behind a beaten pack, I thought he was disappointing last night. The Blues had a plan and terrorised him all night and a number of tries occurred around him. At 8 nil, there was a play where he pushed up into the line and had created the opportunity, all he needed to do was pass to Gagai for a two on one and he didn't pull the trigger. The next ruck, Munster kicked, Latrell made a break and NSW dominated for the next 20 minutes. It was a turning point.

Also, that kick for Coates was actually too shallow; if he dropped it on the goal line, QLD score that last try.

jbb/james

Bencher
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of DCE and although he wasn't going to do much behind a beaten pack, I thought he was disappointing last night. The Blues had a plan and terrorised him all night and a number of tries occurred around him. At 8 nil, there was a play where he pushed up into the line and had created the opportunity, all he needed to do was pass to Gagai for a two on one and he didn't pull the trigger. The next ruck, Munster kicked, Latrell made a break and NSW dominated for the next 20 minutes. It was a turning point.

Also, that kick for Coates was actually too shallow; if he dropped it on the goal line, QLD score that last try.
Yeah , it was the 20 th minute, a try was on for sure and he just bailed on it , and went to ground.

joeboy

Bencher
Reaction score
He was pretty awful last night, the games highest paid player sure is afforded a lot of Leeway for sub standard performances, his running and kicking game has deserted him and his pass selection was terrible. He just kept hitting Kaufusi short.

I used to be a big fan, but to be honest he has been mailing it for years. And the last great game he had was game 1 last year for QLD.

Needs to get it together

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Cleary gave him a bath last night. Beaten pack or not, he was pretty average. But that's what you get with him, when the planets align he is the best half in the game. When they don't he looks out of his depth.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Reaction score
I'll give DCE the benefit of the doubt that he played last night under Paul Green's riding instructions, but jeez DCE was woeful with the ball in hand. Did nothing but pass the ball or run sideways and then pass the ball.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Reaction score
It's been said enough times here but it's pretty hard to do much from halfback if your forwards are getting owned. Remember all the times Matt Orford outplayed Jonathan Thurston?

Reaction score
I remember when he used to run the ball...

I remember when he had great defence....

I remember when he was one of the best 7's in the game...

Something like Cleary is now.

Lucky I have a good memory.

I hope we are already looking for a replacement to take over the day his current contract expires. He rode on the backs of Foran, Killer, the Stewarts etc., and now is only surviving riding on Tom's back.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score

I hope we are already looking for a replacement to take over the day his current contract expires. He rode on the backs of Foran, Killer, the Stewarts etc., and now is only surviving riding on Tom's back.
DCE has not hit his straps this season, has been down on form from the get go.

Was ordinary in defence last night.

Hopefully he produces against the Cow’s

Reaction score
DCE has not hit his straps this season, has been down on form from the get go.

Was ordinary in defence last night.

Hopefully he produces against the Cow’s
His defence has been ordinary for quite I while now buddy. I hope you are right and he comes good, but I think his resilience over many years has taken it's toll on him physically, mentally or both.

Tom costs a lot of money keeping DCE in the highest paid player in the game job. Without Tom, he would be gone, one some way or another.

manlyfan76

Touch football but with more injuries
Premium Member
Reaction score

8 hours is a long time in footy.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Reaction score
A really gutsy game by dce tonight. You could see he was spent but kept getting up. Couldnt knock his effort , quiet first half but really big second half
He was stuffed at full time. Could not even manage a smile. All heart that, did a truck load of defence and running and chased down line breaks to go with a pretty good passing and running game. Thought Foran and DCE stood up tonight without Tom and showed there is a lot of attack in this side. Shuster and Tom to come back, very exciting

Team P W L PD Pts
15 13 2 344 26
15 13 2 311 26
14 11 3 105 24
14 11 3 176 22
14 9 5 122 20
13 7 6 33 16
15 7 8 -11 14
14 6 8 -44 14
14 6 8 -121 14
14 5 9 -66 12
14 5 9 -70 12