• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think I have seen a more dominant kicking game by a single player since Joey Johns played. DCE was on fire and kicking at will. He tried every kick in the book (except the chip and chase) and nailed every one. It was interesting in the post match he commented on the "good go forward" up the middle which layed the platform. No coincidence with Aloai back.

Yes Aloai .. but more significantly having 4 props rotating instead of 3 and jake staying at lock ..

**** sake. There goes any chance of this Jamie Humphreys bloke (who we’ve developed for years now) or Schuster ever playing in the halves at Manly. Nice one Penn

wrong call. invest in the future, he's right at the top of the hill now, the decline will start shortly if it hasn't already

Is there seriously people complaining in here that we locked down one of the best halfbacks in the game for another few years? Did you not watch his last 2 matches? 1 where his clutch play won us the game, the other where his kicking masterclass got us the win against Canberra?

All hail DCE! Hopefully he can seal his Manly legacy as our best ever halfback with a premiership or multiple as captain, he deserves it.

Don’t understand the negativity, assuming the money is right. There is a real lack of quality number 7’s around, and the good ones take a while to develop.

I have said this before, but how does anyone know if "the money is right" nearly 2 years before his extension is due to start??

He is 33 now, his form could drop off next year, or he could get injured, and then we're stuck with paying him for the next 2 years after that at a rate commensurate with his 2021 form. Plus, promising halfbacks aren't going to stick around here because the next 4 years are already locked in.

It annoys me as it seems like the club feels like they have to offer these very long term deals, on huge money, when no other front running club does this. It just seems like poor business to me.

It would be nice if he won a premiership toward the end of his career on a reduced contract around 700-800K

Im not sure though.

Is there seriously people complaining in here that we locked down one of the best halfbacks in the game for another few years? Did you not watch his last 2 matches? 1 where his clutch play won us the game, the other where his kicking masterclass got us the win against Canberra?

All hail DCE! Hopefully he can seal his Manly legacy as our best ever halfback with a premiership or multiple as captain, he deserves it.
You are soooo delusional it’s almost funny. Did you forget to mention his first two games of the season? Or are we just gonna pretend they didn’t happen? He was easily the worst player on the field both those games. The truth is we haven’t won a premiership since DCE’s first year in first grade, which was 11 years ago now, in case you’ve forgotten. And that isn’t going to change any time soon. Essentially, by the time DCE’s next contract is done, which is now another 4 years away (at least), Tom will be past his prime and we would’ve wasted a very special career that could have led us to a premiership, or even a few, had we let DCE go at the end of 2023, when his current contract was meant to finish, and looked to the future instead. When are you going to realise DCE has been severely underperforming for yearsss now and only comes good in the rare clutch moments when he need to kick a field goal to win the game. He can’t dig into the line, like Foran can, to save his life! The bloke is so scared of getting tackled he just runs across the field and throws a pass to his outside men about 2 meters away from the defenders, which has absolutely zero effect. And in defence he constantly rushes up without any communication to Haumole and his other inside men, leaving huge holes inside him. And not to mention his kicking game, which aside from last week, he always gets the ball about 10m behind the play the ball on last tackle, and puts a nothing bomb up, that allows the fullback or wingers to run it back up to their 40m line and get perfect field position. Wake up to yourself.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7