• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What’s the point of a ‘journalist’ if they just report rumours?

It's ok if it's our rumours because we can then laugh at them for ripping off Silvertails!

And to add to the above, the journos are part of the charade in their endless quest for 'content'.

Yup, and 'clickbait' content as well, unfortunately.

I read the foxsports article (like many of you) and it just seemed to be some crayon munchers having a chat.

But a couple of things:
Two to three weeks ago many on here were hoping that dce gets bought up by the new Qld team, seems many now want him to stay. So that's the awesomeness of ST.

Manly have won 3 in a row, with something like a 90 - 18 for and against. Whenever the team do well... the mudia always...always make up some anti Manly story.

• board's backroom instability threatens to ruin the club
  • Penn's refuse to sell Manly for the good of the club
  • un-named trillionaires ready to make Manly the best club in the world
  • Player unrest show a club divided
  • sea eagles mascot's demand equal pay (this one I can get behind).
  • Trbojevics set to join St George because their Dad is good friends with the Dragon's line marker's pet iguana.

Agenda driven clickbait drivel 'created' by narcissistic pencil sharpener lickers.

if daly left we'd be ****ed

0 quality halves on the market. Daly hasn't been injured in a decade of footy and will probably go until 25. We don't have a proper half besides daly for the next 5 years (besides Schuster - whose looked great in the back row)

Foran has 1-2 years left so not really an option

I'd be surprised if Daly left. He has been through the wars and performed time and time again and can imagine he'd want to win a comp in the next 2-3 years with the turbo bros and schuster.

His legacy will generally be decided this year and in the following 2 years as if he doesn't get a title for us since his debut title (2011) it shows he couldn't guide the team to the same heights as the stewarts, lyon, watmough etc

also what is up with the % of salary cap is his salary? is it like 'i'm worth 10% of the clubs cap'... ? surely this isn't how the contract negotiations went in 2015 and if they did i'm sure we would have heard about it by now

the salary cap % part shows that Paul Kent is full of ****
i believe it was index linked to salary cap increases across the life of the contract. obviously you could say its a % of the cap but technically its probably a base contract figure and then increases OR decreases with the relative cap increase.

Now thanks to covid it may actually decrease at some point during the next round of bidding if the broadcasters are broke like they are now.

SORRY> JUST SAW @40 years an eagle EXCELLENT EXPLAINER ABOVE AFRER POSTING>

Pretty sure it was a set figure PLUS a %age of any raises in the cap. In the back of my head is the figure of 10% for some reason.

In 2014 the cap was 6.3M, in 2021 it is 9.9M so the cap has risen 3.6M.
If 10% is correct then DCE's 2021 salary has risen 360K from when the contract was signed in 2014.
It has been written that he is on 1.3M this year so extrapolating back to 2014 means his contract was for around 900K/year PLUS the % of cap rise. Looks like he had a BIG windfall in 2018 when the cap jumped 2.4M...a 240K pay rise.

Our original offer to him was for 800K/ year, then the Foran/Tits debacle happened so we had to up our offer and i'm guessing this is probably pretty close. 900K plus % of cap rise...maybe 850K plus.

The 2022 cap is apparently 10M so likely his pay rise for next year is only 10K.

2021$9.9M
2020$9.8M
2019$9.6M
2018$9.4M
2017$7M
2016$6.8M
2015$6.55M
2014$6.3M
2022 cap is lower value, it is 9.11 million.

The players association agreed to the cut with the cut of higher salary earners, lower salary earners will not have their contracts altered.

Pretty sure it was a set figure PLUS a %age of any raises in the cap. In the back of my head is the figure of 10% for some reason.

In 2014 the cap was 6.3M, in 2021 it is 9.9M so the cap has risen 3.6M.
If 10% is correct then DCE's 2021 salary has risen 360K from when the contract was signed in 2014.
It has been written that he is on 1.3M this year so extrapolating back to 2014 means his contract was for around 900K/year PLUS the % of cap rise. Looks like he had a BIG windfall in 2018 when the cap jumped 2.4M...a 240K pay rise.

Our original offer to him was for 800K/ year, then the Foran/Tits debacle happened so we had to up our offer and i'm guessing this is probably pretty close. 900K plus % of cap rise...maybe 850K plus.

The 2022 cap is apparently 10M so likely his pay rise for next year is only 10K.

2021$9.9M
2020$9.8M
2019$9.6M
2018$9.4M
2017$7M
2016$6.8M
2015$6.55M
2014$6.3M
Details are on the link below

The bit on 360 yesterday was weird as it looked like Kent was either completely full of s$&& and just throwing it out there or he knew more about this than let on and was being sheepish around giving away the info. I like dce and would want to see a replacement before we ship him off. I wonder if on the down low there might be a dce to Brisbane and Reynolds (doesn’t want to leave Sydney) to manly in the pipeline. Unlikley but I reckon Adam would rather play with the weapons we have as opposed to the shire where he’s being touted as heading.

Click bate and crayon munchers aside, one things for sure, the donkeys are in the market for a 7, pretty sure the sharks want one too, (wouldn’t be surprised if the tigpies want one too) anyway I doubt either or any of them will get Reynolds, his red and green and will stay that way I believe, Kevi has access and I imagine he will have a chew on chez’s ear, with Milford off contract and out of favour and now Dearden gone, croft not the answer, the moneys there and with stag moving into 5/8 they will need an experienced half to join him, make sense for them to make a play at chez, not saying anything will come of it, just saying I can’t see why they wont, personally I don‘t see it happening, but I can see that it makes sense that Kevi will have a chat with him. There’s interesting times coming in the player market for 7’s.

P
The bit on 360 yesterday was weird as it looked like Kent was either completely full of s$&& and just throwing it out there or he knew more about this than let on and was being sheepish around giving away the info. I like dce and would want to see a replacement before we ship him off. I wonder if on the down low there might be a dce to Brisbane and Reynolds (doesn’t want to leave Sydney) to manly in the pipeline. Unlikley but I reckon Adam would rather play with the weapons we have as opposed to the shire where he’s being touted as heading.
Pretty sure Reynolds will be heading wherever the money is.If it has anything to do with the “weapons” at his disposal,he wouldn’t be leaving Souths at all and Manly are in no position to get into a bidding war for a player that’s over 30

P

Pretty sure Reynolds will be heading wherever the money is.If it has anything to do with the “weapons” at his disposal,he wouldn’t be leaving Souths at all and Manly are in no position to get into a bidding war for a player that’s over 30
Possibly true too. I think the issue with Souths was the length of deal as well as $$. I doubt there’s any substance to this runout anyway so prob a moot point.

DCE wants a contract extension. He was quoted saying that earlier in the year. Now he has hit some form, this is just his manager reminding Manly that he would be in demand if he were on the open market.
It makes no sense though. Unless I am mistaken he is signed until the end of 2023 which is 2.5 seasons away.

Surely way too early to be talking about an extension...?

Funny that the story has changed this morning to Shaun Johnstone. Same headline about a surprise target and all, just a different name. Tomorrow it will be the Ivan Milat.

Talk of DCE being sold off to the Broncs, I would hope is the usual attempt to destabilise the Sea Eagles. DCE is one of the best, if not the best half in the comp and there's no way Manly should let him go, unless young Jamie Humphries develops over the next year in the juniors. Half back is a must have position for one of the highest paid players in a club.

Funny that the story has changed this morning to Shaun Johnstone. Same headline about a surprise target and all, just a different name. Tomorrow it will be the Ivan Milat.

More 'shocks' up there in Brisbane than an apprentice electricians' conference.

I guess it attracts the 'where there's smoke there's fire' brigade.

.... fire brigade! lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12