• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
if daly left we'd be ****ed

0 quality halves on the market. Daly hasn't been injured in a decade of footy and will probably go until 35+. We don't have a proper half besides daly for the next 5 years (besides Schuster - whose looked great in the back row)

Foran has 1-2 years left so not really an option

I'd be surprised if Daly left. He has been through the wars and performed time and time again and can imagine he'd want to win a comp in the next 2-3 years with the turbo bros and schuster.

His legacy will generally be decided this year and in the following 2 years as if he doesn't get a title for us since his debut title (2011) it shows he couldn't guide the team to the same heights as the stewarts, lyon, watmough etc

also what is up with the % of salary cap is his salary? is it like 'i'm worth 10% of the clubs cap'... ? surely this isn't how the contract negotiations went in 2015 and if they did i'm sure we would have heard about it by now

the salary cap % part shows that Paul Kent is full of ****

Last edited:
if daly left we'd be ****ed

0 quality halves on the market. Daly hasn't been injured in a decade of footy and will probably go until 25. We don't have a proper half besides daly for the next 5 years (besides Schuster - whose looked great in the back row)

Foran has 1-2 years left so not really an option

I'd be surprised if Daly left. He has been through the wars and performed time and time again and can imagine he'd want to win a comp in the next 2-3 years with the turbo bros and schuster.

His legacy will generally be decided this year and in the following 2 years as if he doesn't get a title for us since his debut title (2011) it shows he couldn't guide the team to the same heights as the stewarts, lyon, watmough etc

also what is up with the % of salary cap is his salary? is it like 'i'm worth 10% of the clubs cap'... ? surely this isn't how the contract negotiations went in 2015 and if they did i'm sure we would have heard about it by now

the salary cap % part shows that Paul Kent is full of ****
I’m pretty sure it is a %. It was the longest contract in the history of the game and so they wanted to peg it to an objective benchmark, being the salary cap. In theory, it’s a ‘fair’ way to structure the deal given the length of the contract, provided the % agreed is reasonable. Even DCE’s strongest supporters don’t say the % agreed was/is reasonable.

I understand your thinking, but I would rather we retain Dylan. At least we know what we are getting. Signing Milf is way too speculative for me.
I think what we get with Walker is someone who's best position is Centre and who hasn't really excelled at 5/8, coupled with poor off field behaviour and consistent injuries resulting in him playing even less than Tom Trbojevic

For me he plays centre or his services aren't required

If DCE goes, it will only be for family reasons and unless I’m mistaken, his wife’s family live on the Northern Beaches.

I can’t see money being an issue unless Manly drops its offer to $600k.

I think what we get with Walker is someone who's best position is Centre and who hasn't really excelled at 5/8, coupled with poor off field behaviour and consistent injuries resulting in him playing even less than Tom Trbojevic

For me he plays centre or his services aren't required
I agree with you on that. I brought Walker up because in my mind Walker and Milf are in the same boat in that it is speculative as to whether either will play any where near their best again. Between the two, I’d be more certain of taking a punt on Walker than Milf.

what % is it then? @Ranga @Snake
Not sure mate - I’ve never seen it reported and it is unclear how much of the allowances he gets. But last year’s salary cap was $9.5m and when the list of highest paid players was published last year, it said Daly was on $1.25m. So it’s about 12-13% give or take.

Not sure mate - I’ve never seen it reported and it is unclear how much of the allowances he gets. But last year’s salary cap was $9.5m and when the list of highest paid players was published last year, it said Daly was on $1.25m. So it’s about 12-13% give or take.
Pretty sure his quoted salary includes TPA’s which as we know aren’t part of the cap but it seems no one really knows his salary apart from the oft quoted “highest paid player in the game”.

Pretty sure his quoted salary includes TPA’s which as we know aren’t part of the cap but it seems no one really knows his salary apart from the oft quoted “highest paid player in the game”.
You are probably right, but it shouldn't move the needle that much. The NRL said in 2019 that Manly only had $150k in TPAs and some of that would be taken up by Jake and Tom.

D7D4C194-59FE-495E-8BBA-FC8584B68136.jpeg

But another Google search quotes Matty Johns saying it’s “$10mil over 10 years which is 16% of the cap” ( at the time).

So does anyone really know?

View attachment 17886

But another Google search quotes Matty Johns saying it’s “$10mil over 10 years which is 16% of the cap” ( at the time).

So does anyone really know?
That’s a fair whack out of the cap, I understand the club needing to ease the pressure and release a high salary player.

As good as DCE is he ain’t worth that coin when you look at what Turbo is paid, Broncos take full freight the club would have to seriously consider letting him go.

Pretty sure it was a set figure PLUS a %age of any raises in the cap. In the back of my head is the figure of 10% for some reason.

In 2014 the cap was 6.3M, in 2021 it is 9.9M so the cap has risen 3.6M.
If 10% is correct then DCE's 2021 salary has risen 360K from when the contract was signed in 2014.
It has been written that he is on 1.3M this year so extrapolating back to 2014 means his contract was for around 900K/year PLUS the % of cap rise. Looks like he had a BIG windfall in 2018 when the cap jumped 2.4M...a 240K pay rise.

Our original offer to him was for 800K/ year, then the Foran/Tits debacle happened so we had to up our offer and i'm guessing this is probably pretty close. 900K plus % of cap rise...maybe 850K plus.

The 2022 cap is apparently 10M so likely his pay rise for next year is only 10K.

2021$9.9M
2020$9.8M
2019$9.6M
2018$9.4M
2017$7M
2016$6.8M
2015$6.55M
2014$6.3M

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20