Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Martin Taupau

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Martin Taupau (born 3 February 1990) is a rugby league footballer who plays for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in the National Rugby League. A Samoa, and New Zealand national and World All stars representative, he plays as prop and lock forward, and previously played for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the Wests Tigers. In 2018 Martin signed a mega money 4 year deal with Super League giants Leeds Rhinos

I hope he stays. I like Marty.

The big name players at the roosters I can think of are:
JWH
Fergo
Mitchell
Crock
Twopoos
Friend
Tedesco
Keary
Cordner
Napa
Frank-Paul Can't spell his name
Aubusson

Now I know there's mixed income in there but look at Manly's quality players on only -330.000 in the cap:
Turbo x 2
Cherry
Api
Walker

And the chooks want Marty??? Fair dinkum.

Todd's line, "The most even competition in the world. Anyone can win on any given day."
What utter BS. No wonder fans are turning away unless they go for donkeys, rorters, drizzle etc. The divide is huge.

I like your thematic here, but you have far too many Rorters on that list as future immortals.

Mr Politis will see you now.....
uu.jpg

I’m not fussed if Marty goes or not. Sure he makes plenty of metres. But his defence isn’t the greatest and he can make an error or push the wrong offload. I don’t know if he gets the club culture either, he seems very into himself and it’s all about him. I look at AFB and he’s someone I’d much rather have in the team.

However, it’s a joke how the roosters can continue to sign player’s especially someone of the caliber of Marty. I’ve never seen premiership winners sign top line players directly after a gf win. What a joke.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't think he gets our culture and seems to be quite cat like and narcissistic. Take him or leave him in my view

• 🤝
Reactions: Tim
We just need players who want to wear our Jersey who are proud of our great club piss off if you can't or dont agree

Marty has maintained all along that he doesn’t want to go anywhere... why are so many people posting like he’s Already got both feet his in Bondi? He will be an absolute beast next season with Des lighting fires under his arse before each game. I’m hoping Dessie boy is already making calls to the players he wants to let them know they are loved. Des Hasler has NEVER had any problems when it comes to getting the best out of his forwards. And that (along with a massive improvement in fitness) excites me more than anything tbh... AFB, Marty, Paseka, Siro, Thompson, Jake, Tanginoa, Waddell... these forwards have the potential to destroy opposition sides...Forget about the last three years under the SuperCoach because Barrett would have difficulties firing up a bonfire with ten canisters of gasoline on the drought stricken plains of the Sahara farkin Desert.

Last edited:
Come'on... we all know players from Easts - and in the AFL it's Hawthorn - take pay cuts just to be part of that wonderful organisation.
Don't even try to compare that rorting organisation with a professional champion club like the Hawks. Hawthorn are everything I wish we would build into, and there are no paper bags involved. Sustained professionalism through decades and none of the ridiculous faction self-destruction stuff we suffer

It’s the lower living costs of living in the eastern suburbs. Cheap housing, cheap schools, plenty of free parking. It’s hard to compete with.
You forgot about about the fantastic, clean, uncrowded beaches. Particularly in comparison with the northern beaches.

Marty has maintained all along that he doesn’t want to go anywhere... why are so many people posting like he’s Already got both feet his in Bondi? He will be an absolute beast next season with Des lighting fires under his arse before each game. I’m hoping Dessie boy is already making calls to the players he wants to let them know they are loved. Des Hasler has NEVER had any problems when it comes to getting the best out of his forwards. And that (along with a massive improvement in fitness) excites me more than anything tbh... AFB, Marty, Paseka, Siro, Thompson, Jake, Tanginoa, Waddell... these forwards have the potential to destroy opposition sides...Forget about the last three years under the SuperCoach because Barrett would have difficulties firing up a bonfire with ten canisters of gasoline on the drought stricken plains of the Sahara farkin Desert.
I agree. And it’s interesting that our forwards this year often destroyed other sides in attack. Let down by backs at times, and a general malaise across the whole defensive structure after 20 mins.

Expect Melbourne to make a play for Taupau now that they have missed out on Pangai Jr. Hearing he was their second target. Parra also interested. Might be the hold up with Hayne's contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4