Sharks cop fine and Flanno rubbed out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Reading the Play saying Gorman will be next to be deregistered in January, If true a real shame as he has certainly been instrumental in ringing the changes in the past few months.

The lesson I would take from the Sharks and Flanagan issue is don’t self report. They self reported the cap irregularities and the investigation uncovers flanagan’s communications. Then they get a massive smack down.
What is clear is that so much happens that the NRL does not know about. I don’t expect them to know everything but I can’t help but laugh when they act like the super sleuth when really they just stumble onto things like this.

He wasn't at the club during the Flanagan issue.

Reading the play must therefore be implying that Gorman will be found guilty of being involved with the cap cheating.

Given that these details haven't been made public (not even the media is discussing rumours) I think he's just trying to connect dots.... That's what he does to get click bait.
Yeah the journos are desperate to get a manly angle to the scandal, as usual.

The lesson I would take from the Sharks and Flanagan issue is don’t self report. They self reported the cap irregularities and the investigation uncovers flanagan’s communications. Then they get a massive smack down.
What is clear is that so much happens that the NRL does not know about. I don’t expect them to know everything but I can’t help but laugh when they act like the super sleuth when really they just stumble onto things like this.

NRL know NOTHING, they have to be pointed in the right direction to discover anything!!

I guess no one should be surprised that a coach who happily let his players get injected with illegal peptides would not have a problem sending emails when he shouldn't.

His and cronulla's conduct all seem underhanded to me.

The nrl probably think so too, except for their premiership year where everything was so above board it was amazing.

Memo to Manly: New computer servers every year! lol

Personally, I think the Sharks should be stripped of their 2016 premiership.

Flanagan was in contact with the Sharks during his suspension, which is what this is all about really. But those 50+ e-mails apparently showed that he was involved in future player retention and recruitment for when his suspension finished. So basically he was involved in illegally putting their squad together which went on to win the 2016 Grand Final.

Shouldn't that be grounds for the NRL to do unto Cronulla what they did to Melbourne with the stripping of their premiership win?

Reading the Play saying Gorman will be next to be deregistered in January, If true a real shame as he has certainly been instrumental in ringing the changes in the past few months.
Think that's a stretch. According to SMH:

Investigators found more than 50 emails exchanged between Flanagan, club management and the football department, most of whom have since left the club.

Fifty. And most of those were around the June 30 deadline to sign players. As far as head office was concerned, that proved he was "deeply involved" in the recruitment of players and coaching staff between December 2013 and October 2014.

Lyall started at the Sharks in November 2014. So would be a bit of a stretch to banish Lyall for stuff they did before he joined but hey - it's the NRL we're talking about so who knows...

The person in charge was Keogh at the time and we all know what he was doing...

giphy.gif

This is a lesson for all clubs, if you find an irregularity you "lose" the records.

Self report on a minor issue and they now face a real struggle to compete.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8