Sharks cop fine and Flanno rubbed out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That tigers penalty is a bit rough! So what if they want to give him a job after he has retired? How should that be included in the 2019 cap?? Todd has lost it, he is a joke. Melbourne get over 1 million in extra repayments and he fines one of the poorest clubs and docks 650k off the salary cap. that's crazy
Again it's due to Tigers enjoying a Cap free payout of Farrah in 2015!

Pascoe requested special Cap dispensation from the NRL on the basis of Farah's release being related to his presence causing reputational risk to their Club. At the same time he entered into a highly paid post-career ambassador role with the same player.

Last edited:
Agree with tigers and gummies .... but Parra were given a free pass .... sack some nufties, a fine that their leagues covered from petty cash .... no cap penalty, lose one player .... and full steam ahead .... with apologies for the slight interuption ....
Yeah... an absolute travesty of justice... throw in the dodgy Watmough pre existing injury retirement... and the fact that he left the door open for them to make a fairytale run to the finals and the stink becomes overwhelming.

You really can’t blame the smaller Sydney clubs for trying it on to gain an advantage, supposed loopholes and avenues tested by our small clubs only to have the book thrown at us. How on earth are we supposed to compete with the BIG $$$ teams who sign and re-sign anyone they want?
Anyone finding humour in the sharks or tigers has a short memory, the sad reality is if the head honchos get their way, the team we all passionately support probably won’t exist in a decade. To be honest I would not wish that upon any supporter of any other team. Moving the sharks to Perth seems ludicrous to me. They enjoy great home crowds and have an awesome supporter base. Iffff we sit back and let the NRL screw them out of their home territory then what’s to stop them coming after us soon after. These murmurs of relocation for a Sydney club keep growing and growing. Pretty concerning to say the least. With no sea eagles to watch on the weekend I’m not sure what other activity i’d take up.

This rationalising clubs all looks good on paper ..... but they are sadly mistaken if they think the million fans of 9 teams will simply divide themselves up between the remaining 6 teams .....

We know how well super rugby goes when you try to manufacture tribal loyalty ...... not

Although surely you wouldn’t have much spare time, being a merkin dealer?

However, you make a fair point. ‘Rationalising’ Sydney clubs is definitely Greenberg’s agenda.
It’s a demanding role. But life’s all
About balance hey. Weekdays for tasteful artificial pubic area coverings. Weekends for family leisure. Todd has been enquiring about a statement piece for the pubic area on his shoulders, working hard to have this ready for the seasons launch.

It’s most likely just me, but every time I see the title of this thread, I read “Flanno rubbed one out” not “Flanno rubbed out”...

This rationalising clubs all looks good on paper ..... but they are sadly mistaken if they think the million fans of 9 teams will simply divide themselves up between the remaining 6 teams .....

We know how well super rugby goes when you try to manufacture tribal loyalty ...... not
It's yet another crucial element they don't get.
The tribalism of this game.
If they did they would be hammering the suburban grounds line into the government not the empty caverns.

It’s most likely just me, but every time I see the title of this thread, I read “Flanno rubbed one out” not “Flanno rubbed out”...
there's a 95 percent chance he already has since the ruling today. Statistically that is

You really can’t blame the smaller Sydney clubs for trying it on to gain an advantage, supposed loopholes and avenues tested by our small clubs only to have the book thrown at us. How on earth are we supposed to compete with the BIG $$$ teams who sign and re-sign anyone they want?
Anyone finding humour in the sharks or tigers has a short memory, the sad reality is if the head honchos get their way, the team we all passionately support probably won’t exist in a decade. To be honest I would not wish that upon any supporter of any other team. Moving the sharks to Perth seems ludicrous to me. They enjoy great home crowds and have an awesome supporter base. Iffff we sit back and let the NRL screw them out of their home territory then what’s to stop them coming after us soon after. These murmurs of relocation for a Sydney club keep growing and growing. Pretty concerning to say the least. With no sea eagles to watch on the weekend I’m not sure what other activity i’d take up.

Um, selling pubic wigs?

So we can now drop the everyone is against us and the nrl run an agenda against us now in our salary cap issues. The truth is we were treated no better or worse than the sharks,tigers or the eels.
We’ve just been copping it longer and harder than anybody else. We were loudly labelled as drug cheats and then cleared very quietly in the same investigation that nailed the sharks. The NRL kicked and kicked at us trying to find a salary cap breach before retrospectively changing the rules and calling a press conference to decry us as cheats. Do you remember the 2013 grand final? We lost 97 to drug cheats and 2007 to salary cap cheats. Do we get any credit or recognition? Have I had too much to drink? Maybe just another small one.

Agree with tigers and gummies .... but Parra were given a free pass .... sack some nufties, a fine that their leagues covered from petty cash .... no cap penalty, lose one player .... and full steam ahead .... with apologies for the slight interuption ....
Don't forget the bit about Toddy waiting until the bye round to hand out the punishment so they had 2 weeks to sort the cap out before they had a match.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8