Sea Eagles $10M deal to keep Trbojevics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Turbos to the Bulldogs..... lol
How well did it work out for them when they poached Des.
You can take the Turbos out of Manly, but you'll never take the Manly out of the Turbos.
Good luck dogs and piss off Hooper. :finger:

Can’t actually find the ‘plan’ in the article other than they might talk to them after 1/11 and they have a few players off contract at the end of 2020. Very devious approach by the Dogs....

Can't see them leaving Manly when we have supposedly offered around them million a year each.
Maybe if the Dogs come in and offer $1.3 million each but then they would have 4 ex Manly stars on their books paying them how much?

Foran is reported on $1.2 million
Hopoate (no idea what he is on)
add the Turbos and that's 4 players on around $4.5 to $5 million.

They'll need to offload foz who'll be on $1.2 mill next year. Who's stupid enough to buy a busted half?

I have not read the article. But
Who do the quotes come from?
What sources are quoted?

I imagine there ain't any.

Interesting how usually when a club has all their stars coming off contract the stories would be about how they’ll struggle to retain them, but in the case of the dogs it means they’ll have a “war chest”... do they want to let go of their whole squad? And is it somehow a good thing that they have a whole squad of players they don’t want?

Interesting how usually when a club has all their stars coming off contract the stories would be about how they’ll struggle to retain them, but in the case of the dogs it means they’ll have a “war chest”... do they want to let go of their whole squad? And is it somehow a good thing that they have a whole squad of players they don’t want?

Essentially they do want to let go of a large portion of their squad (which is understandable after watching them for a few minutes). I have no doubt they’ll throw more money at them than we probably can, although the offer we put forward will be respectful. The closer it gets to the deadline, the more worried I will get about a club coming in with stupid money that will be hard to resist no matter their commitment to the club and area.

Meanwhile, over in the Nrl "Journo's" room, a deadline looms.

source.gif

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
TPAs are the key. The Ts are very special players worth every penny we can muster. Champion players lift everybody around them so we cannot be over investing in 3 key players.

Recall last year or so that there were similar so called creditable reports that the Dragons were intent to lure the Turbos with a big money offer also . They have already been upgraded for next season with their existing contracts , in Jake"s case by 200 k and Tom to one mil so it is not as if they have not been given some serious priority by Manly already , Have a similar outlook to Woodsie on this matter in that providing Manly offer a competitive contract arrangement , with additional manager"s fees , tax and the lifestyle considerations that the inclination to consider playing anywhere else for some slightly increased offers hardly would represent much appeal to them . Then there is still the loyalty factor which with their undoubted long standing devotion to the club would count for something . In any case , at this critical stage of the season for Manly, just playing well and winning footy games should be their main focus and not contract distractions . This will take care of itself in good time and of course Manly are in the box seat to retain them long term .

I have read that the Turbos have asked that TPAs are not included in their contracts. I suppose thats based on the fact numerous TPAs fall over.

Danny Weidler mentioned this on 100% Footy the other night, essentially said the uncertainty around TPAs has led their management to asking for any offer to be exclusive of TPAs.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2