Sea Eagles $10M deal to keep Trbojevics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If true re $10m over 5 yrs for both is paying unders. It is not enough to take money off other players, especially in long term. Cap will go up.
At the moment is equivalent to 8.3m on present payment. Not such a big pay rise considering their status.

Big mouthed toss pot who played one first grade game in his entire career... at halfback for the squeels.

Tries to be relevant by being controversial... I refuse to even watch Fox whenever him or that other bald headed nimwit are any chance of speaking.

I like Paul Kent, talks a lot of sense most of the time and isn't afraid to get stuck into the NRL

I don't get why people take the media so personally

If the crunch really comes.

This would be me to DCE,

giphy.gif

Again the media ignore the bleeding obvious and non of the endless talk shows discuss the TPA component.:fubar:

High profile players don't need their contracts to be sourced 100% from the Cap monies.

Manly must be irritatingly successful for so many relocation and contract headlines to be written again :p

In theory, the back-ending of contracts is used for extrapolating when players will reach their "move them along" stage of their career toward the end of the said back-ended contract.
A players perceived market value via years of high performance has grown unproportionatley to their actual value for the years to come is the prime factor in the back-ending equation.

There have been very few players who have defied this rationale with BK and Jamie Lyon being very rare exceptions.

The Stewart brothers are a perfect example of the gamble clubs make on when a great player's career is closing and moving them on for the best monetary gain. It' a tough business!

Des has never had his contracting plan/vision run full circle before he has moved on... for whatever reason.
i have full faith that if let run due course that Des has the smarts to manage a roster better than anyone else who abides by the salary cap rules.

The 3 turbos contracts will not be back-ended as they will be willing 1 team players and will be paid according to salary cap viability. If you think the legend Bozo doesn't have his hand in this pie you are dreaming.

The back ending and forward loading of contracts is used for one purpose .. and one purpose only ... to facilitate the construction of a roster of players with a nominal value of say $12 mil .. in a cap of say .. $10 mil .... for a period of about 2/3 years .

It is one of the only ways a club without big TPA's can match the TPA rich clubs .... it is a calculated gamble that you will have a short but dynamic window in which to win a premiership .... Dessie did it before and we got 2 in '08 and '11 .... he did it again at Bulldogs, but they had several Grandfinals but couldn't take the bickies .....

The resulting down side of a few years in the wilderness and a rebuild is fore-known and accepted as the price to be paid for success .....

I will happily trade another few years of average if it follows another couple of titles ....

I'm glad some of you guys aren't handling MY money.

All 3 of the brothers are going nowhere! There is no need to throw huge money at them that we cannot afford.

They will not be swayed by "huge" offers to move or split up. their family and friends would ostracise them, and i'm sure all 3 WANT to stay enough.

They have cool heads around them who want them at Manly and will make sure the boys become 1 team players; family, Des and all the other "Manly guys" will ensure that without breaking our bank.

The only thing that could possibly change their devotion to Manly is ..... taking them for granted .....

Again the media ignore the bleeding obvious and non of the endless talk shows discuss the TPA component.:fubar:

High profile players don't need their contracts to be sourced 100% from the Cap monies.

Manly must be irritatingly successful for so many relocation and contract headlines to be written again :p

You know this ISNT the Rooster forum?

Just checking.

There will be no permissible TPA's if they stay, that is almost certain.

However the impending massive offer from the NRL to put the brothers at the Gold Coast Titans will be the possible game changer.

(Mal always gets what Mal wants, always has).

You know this ISNT the Rooster forum?

Just checking.

There will be no permissible TPA's if they stay, that is almost certain.

However the impending massive offer from the NRL to put the brothers at the Gold Coast Titans will be the possible game changer.

(Mal always gets what Mal wants, always has).
Can the TurBros do a double backflip just to screw with their two heads in Qld :devil:
giphy.gif

There management group just needs to mention that AFL is interested in Tom and Rugby is interested in Jake ,Then the NRL will step in and top up there contracts to keep these guys in the NRL .Eg: Ponga
But we know that won’t happen for a Manly player

The resulting down side of a few years in the wilderness and a rebuild is fore-known and accepted as the price to be paid for success .....

I can put up with how Manly have gone since entering the comp, a premiership or two every decade with a few years of also runs as long as we never get a wooden spoon.
I'm proud we have never gotten one and hope to never see us receive one.

I can put up with how Manly have gone since entering the comp, a premiership or two every decade with a few years of also runs as long as we never get a wooden spoon.
I'm proud we have never gotten one and hope to never see us receive one.

What's a wooden spoon? Never seen one, sounds bad, guess then I don't want to ever see one.

With our big 3 on 1M each its gonna take some creative accounting to fill out the squad. Even with 10 guys on min wage in our 30, we'll only have avg 350k to fill the other 17 spots.

Salary cap 9.8 mil next yr.
Turbo chez and jake take up 3.3. That leaves 6.5 mil. Put 5 guys on minimum wage ie olokoatu keppie etc which leaves 6 mil for the remaining 20 players at an average of 300k. I think we can build a nice squad with that considering bargain buys in Cust Parker Waddell Garrick etc. Say parker and Waddell are on 200k that means on average we could then have 2x 400k players (to average 300k) edit. I didnt include Taupau in those figures so makes it even tighter.
With our big 3 on 1M each its gonna take some creative accounting to fill out the squad. Even with 10 guys on min wage in our 30, we'll only have avg 350k to fill the other 17 spots.
Dont forget Taupau aswell. Extremely tight squeeze

they are not fools. They are Manly for life. They know it, the club knows it and the rest can watch and wonder.

The contacts and relationships they make will stretch beyond what they do on the field and i'd guess they know that.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8