Sea Eagles $10M deal to keep Trbojevics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Meh, Danny is just trying to scare potential TPA businesses off so it's easier for other teams to poach.

Though who knows what rules Toddy will go by regarding Manly. After the games biggest stitch up (besides the 2013 GF) to approve Manly's contracts then change a definition to make us guilty... even though no one got paid more than was registered; who the hell knows what goes on?

Manly: "We will try and get you a tpa"

Todd: "THAT'S AN IRON CLAD GUARANTEE...FINES FINES FINES ARE A'COMING!!!!"

giphy.gif

Simple enough to get a Bank Guarantee from the TPA entity or basically a bond.

It's done in business all the time to guarantee that either the business or if it fails, the Bank pays out on the guaranteed amount :nerd:

Set them up with a Super Fund with an initial 500k balance etc
It would save them tax now and in 40 years time they'll still be rich

Many ways to lock away money safely when you have time on your side like these 20 year olds :)

They will be staying at Manly.
The Dogs are a Zero chance.
Obviously like any quality players coming off contract, there will be interest from other clubs.

I read this slightly differently....

If the manager says 'no TPA's in the contract' they are effectively saying - paying us what we are worth, LEGALLY, and we can compare apples with apples'

Effectively stops other clubs from offering $750k + $1m in TPA's.

You can spin it any way you like I guess.... but i that scenario, they are basically giving manly an even playing field rather than having to find TPA's like the roosters or the bronco's etc.

Or maybe I am an idiot? (read: numbnut for @Woodsie )

I read this slightly differently....

If the manager says 'no TPA's in the contract' they are effectively saying - paying us what we are worth, LEGALLY, and we can compare apples with apples'

Effectively stops other clubs from offering $750k + $1m in TPA's.

You can spin it any way you like I guess.... but i that scenario, they are basically giving manly an even playing field rather than having to find TPA's like the roosters or the bronco's etc.

Or maybe I am an idiot? (read: numbnut for @Woodsie )

Numbnut is an official Scottish term of Endearment ....

If they insist on contract under the cap only , it significantly weakens the strength of the squad we can put around them

Finally Gus and A. Johns say something awesome.

They believe the nrl should cough up to keep the Trbojevics at Manly.

Makes a change from throwing money at some union player...or a player threatening to go to union. It's like an early testimonial.

#paytheturbs

Simple enough to get a Bank Guarantee from the TPA entity or basically a bond.

It's done in business all the time to guarantee that either the business or if it fails, the Bank pays out on the guaranteed amount :nerd:

Set them up with a Super Fund with an initial 500k balance etc
It would save them tax now and in 40 years time they'll still be rich

Many ways to lock away money safely when you have time on your side like these 20 year olds :)

Not to be a picky so and so, but you can't just start uo a super fund with a $500k balance. You would breach contribution caps by a long shot.

You only get tax breaks on personal contributions up to $25k per year.

Not to be a picky so and so, but you can't just start uo a super fund with a $500k balance. You would breach contribution caps by a long shot.

I'm sure Mr & Mrs turbo need a super top up.

It was just an example not advice :D

The point is that the boys can and should get guaranteed TPAs if their agent is doing his job @:cool:

Just because past deals fell over for some doesn't mean that TPAs are bad

It was just an example not advice :D

The point is that the boys can and should get guaranteed TPAs if their agent is doing his job @:cool:

Just because past deals fell over for some doesn't mean that TPAs are bad

And there-in lies the rub and nonsense of TPA's ... let's say I pool my Drambuie money for a couple of weeks ... and offer to sponsor a TPA for the brothers .... obviously I would only do so contingent on them signing with Manly ... and yet I believe that woud make the TPA illegal ....

Am I correct in saying that any TPA's negotiated have to be available regardless of who they play for ??????

And there-in lies the rub and nonsense of TPA's ... let's say I pool my Drambuie money for a couple of weeks ... and offer to sponsor a TPA for the brothers .... obviously I would only do so contingent on them signing with Manly ... and yet I believe that woud make the TPA illegal ....

Am I correct in saying that any TPA's negotiated have to be available regardless of who they play for ??????
The whole article us nonsense for athletes that are marketable for any Brand.

They don't need TPAs as they can be straight out sponsored by Nike or same car maker etc as the players all own their 'image' :happy:

What they need is a good woman each to help spend it :rofl:

Correct, and it has to be player driven, not club driven.

When Maloney went to Penrith he said on tv he was waiting for the club to sort out the third party deal with keno. The nrl threatened to step in, but I don't know if they did. Cap rort right there boys and girls... but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also Woodsie, say you do pool your two week Drambuie money, and I do the same with bourbon, we now have.... $200,000 to spend, the nrl never makes it clear how we go about doing everything by the book to avoid sanctions to the club.

It's ****ing embarrassing the amateur level of this organisation.

tenor.gif

Unless they're non-concessional contributions... Up to $300,000 each person (including bring forward)

Yeah...but there is no tax advantage to that. Well, other than the 15% tax rate on earnings inside super amd reduced CGT.

But not sure a 22 and 25 year old necessarily nees that

Some corporation like Fox sports or Kayo would love the opportunity to have them on third party deals. Little chance of them falling over I would think

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8