Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Is that how it’s actually written? If so, you can see why we have confusion:

Is EACH player in the top 30 entitled to 5 car allowances of $20k each? Seems an odd outcome, but the way it’s written it could be interpreted like that.

Are the cars worth $20k or is the car allowance worth $20k?

Who values them? The dealer principal of City Ford? The NRL (who thinks you can rent an apartment in Parra for $100/week)?

The system is clearly broken Todd. The only question is why won’t you fix it? It is because you are:
1. Stupid and can’t see it?
2. Corrupt and want it to stay broken?
You can see how Penns QC had a field day at the appeal hearing

How about the nrl write the cheques for the players salary and hand them their "salary cap" pay, the amount as directed by the clubs since the nrl provide that amount alrrady. The salarys are not disclosed to the public but we can rest assured the top 30 use up the salary cap.
Then ALL third party agreements are made public and the payment of those comes from the "sponsor" directly to the player.

We wont know what the players ate being paid in total but will know what each team is up against.
Once a team has over a set amount in third party payments ( say 1 million) then they pay a 'tax' of a percentage of the tpp which comes off the other funds provided by the nrl.

If a player gets undisclosed money then they get suspended, the club fined and their manager fined also.

What really concerns me is the NRL's reluctance to fix this mess (TPAs - Salary Cap). It begs the question as to why? They promote their agenda as a level playing field for all clubs and every body can see that it is not. Even the reporters have joked about the rorters salary cap sombrero. So when I hear the mantra from Greenburg it actually makes me feel ill because he couldn't possibility believe the nonsense that he spins. So why he is playing this game of "nothing to see here!"? If it looks like dog ****, smells like dog **** and tastes like dog **** then there is a strong chance that it is dog ****. IMO The NRL's integrity is really in question at the moment and they better fix it quick because the game has become a circus and the NRL a laughing stock. Greenburg has lost the ability to objectivity access matters as evidenced again by his recent comments quickly seeking to minimize and mitigate the Sharks breaches without investigation. This displays a monstrous departure from the aggressive and destructive media campaign he participated in against Manly. IMO the game is headed quickly into disrepute and Greenburg needs to be replaced at season's end. IMO The job is clearly beyond him due to him being severely incapacitated by his biases and favoritism that he provides to certain clubs.

Is that how it’s actually written? If so, you can see why we have confusion:

Is EACH player in the top 30 entitled to 5 car allowances of $20k each? Seems an odd outcome, but the way it’s written it could be interpreted like that.

Are the cars worth $20k or is the car allowance worth $20k?

Who values them? The dealer principal of City Ford? The NRL (who thinks you can rent an apartment in Parra for $100/week)?

The system is clearly broken Todd. The only question is why won’t you fix it? It is because you are:
1. Stupid and can’t see it?
2. Corrupt and want it to stay broken?

Hmmm - “may be provided to players in the Top 30 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).”

My interpretation is that the cars can only be provided to players that are worth $20,000 each.

“Players” is the subject of the previous sentence. Therefore the next sentence must refer to the players.

Isn’t the minimum wage for a player in the top 30 $70k?

I suspect any reasonable lawyer could drive a horse and carriage through most league rules.

I wonder who drafted them?

I obviously haven't had the time to watch non manly games too much this year. What does Radley do that would warrant soo selection other than playing for the roosters. A little guy who is a good defender? Bench spot - I think peachy has that sown up. Jack bird might get fit. Enlighten me.

Did you mean keary? Cause you have to ask Mave about radley.

Keary was already borderline picked in SOO. He is a decent 5/8, but yes, his role in the chooks will be a reason filter picks him.

He is young and fitler will want a 5/8 to build a long term partnership with Cleary.

The roosters are going to have half the NSW team in their roster the way they are going and that will be a consideration as coaches like rep players who play club footy together.

I can't see bird getting a 5/8 blues spot while he is still at donkeys. He is so unmotivated to play there and Bennett doesn't seem to want him at 5/8.

The NRL knows that by fixing it... There will be a glaringly obvious unfairness about the NRL.

Imagine delcaring all the salaries and TPA's... And you see Broncos have a team worth $20m compared to a Titans on $10....

Supporters would leave faster than they are now.

The latest FOX NRL survey had an overwhelming percentage of supporters who want transparency yet Greenflog came straight out and said no....

He knows what it would do to Rugby league.
And that would rightfully trash the Bronco’s coaching reputation. Not being able to win with a 20 million team.

Hmmm - “may be provided to players in the Top 30 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).”

My interpretation is that the cars can only be provided to players that are worth $20,000 each.

“Players” is the subject of the previous sentence. Therefore the next sentence must refer to the players.

Isn’t the minimum wage for a player in the top 30 $70k?

I suspect any reasonable lawyer could drive a horse and carriage through most league rules.

I wonder who drafted them?

I'd suggest the cars could be worth way more than $20k, I imagine the $20k is the yearly cost of the novated lease, so they could,easily be a $60-$80k car.

I don't see to many NRL stars driving around in Hyundai 1.6 litre I30's.

Who gains from the dodgy system we have?

Player agents #1 via their commissions.
Club bosses #2 by improving the roster - competeing - looking like they are a good operator
Players #3 more cash for their services
Sponsors #4 those who actually get value such as fox sports or NRMA via advertising
NRL #5 see club bosses and to stop agents/ managers spilling the beans
Media #6 tv rights, subscriptions and newspaper sales

Here in lies the problem. Too many people benefit. The loyal fans of the also rans dont matter one iota.

Who gains from the dodgy system we have?

Player agents #1 via their commissions.
Club bosses #2 by improving the roster - competeing - looking like they are a good operator
Players #3 more cash for their services
Sponsors #4 those who actually get value such as fox sports or NRMA via advertising
NRL #5 see club bosses and to stop agents/ managers spilling the beans
Media #6 tv rights, subscriptions and newspaper sales

Here in lies the problem. Too many people benefit. The loyal fans of the also rans dont matter one iota.

I fear you've nailed it!!

We are headed for Super League , Google the ESL results in the UK for the last 20 years and see who've played in each years GF.

If you are Leeds Rhino fan or a Wigan fan, you are laughing.

There's a few others , occasionally , but it's 80% those two.

The pics I saw with players doing promo's for their "sweet new ride" didnt look like $20,000 cars either..
images

Seems there is one possible TPA we won't need to worry about in the future

Eagle’s antics drive away club backer

Manly have given Brookvale Mazda any number of reasons to end their association, but the final straw was the behaviour of a certain player in his sponsored car.

The Sea Eagles are in the process of returning their vehicles to the dealership after owner Joe Rinaldi opted to end the relationship.The club has tested the patience of all of its sponsors with a litany of dramas this season, including the Gladstone strip club affair, the Jackson Hastings fiasco, a sex tape scandal, Trent Barrett’s heated falling out with the club hierarchy and diabolical performances on the field that resulted in the Sea Eagles narrowly missing out on the wooden spoon, which would have been the first in the club’s 71-year history.

Brookvale Mazda has long sponsored sporting organisations on the northern beaches and has a history of sticking by them in tough times. But the firm felt it had to cut ties with Manly, fearing its brand was being tarnished by the behaviour of at least one of the stars behind the wheel.

The player was one of several chosen to be an ambassador and was accordingly provided with a vehicle. However, Brookvale Mazda was shocked when it began getting complaints. The dealership was made aware of a raft of incidents, including fines.

When challenged about the issues, it’s understood the player blamed one of his teammates, claiming he wasn’t the driver at the time. Rinaldi entered into the agreement hoping the relationship would garner his business positive press. However, this drama had the potential to provide the other type of publicity, prompting Brookvale Mazda to pull the pin.

Attempts to reach Manly for comment were unsuccessful.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10