Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As Ive always said, this problem could be solved very very easily.

Have a governing body dictate the value of a player and that value be published.

NRL clubs can then pay players whatever they want as long as their dictated value falls under the salary cap.

As Ive always said, this problem could be solved very very easily.

Have a governing body dictate the value of a player and that value be published.

NRL clubs can then pay players whatever they want as long as their dictated value falls under the salary cap.

Watch players values change depending on who the NRL darlings are

Smith & Slater Min wage

Bird 800K at sharks, 250K at Bongos

etc
etc

The NRL introduced the salary cap as having clubs die broke (like Norths & the original Warriors) was a bad look for the game and made their fans cry. Hullo!!!!!!!!!! How many bad look NRL headlines has the salary cap era produced!!! Dogs, Storms, Manly, Eels, Sharks & more.

Just get rid of the cap and then the weak clubs will fall away or get turned into private ownership.

The salary cap by itself is not a bad thing. The problem is TPA's. One team towns like Brisbane or clubs like the Chooks have a massive advantage due to the TPA's available to them and that is what stops the cap from doing what its meant to do.

I still maintain that with TPA's, clubs like Brisbane and the Chooks could conceivably be (and probably are) operating with twice the cap.

The real scandal (well, one of them that gets swept under the carpet) is the lack of punishment to player agents involved in cap rorting at the Eels. What other explanation can there be, but that these honourable and righteous professionals may have a dirt file on someone who doesn't really want it made public?

Greenturd is already using Manly as an excuse??

FMD......this one isn't even anything to do with Manly and yet our name has been dragged into it by the league boss who should know better.

Just how biased against Manly is that bald headed prick??

What next? Is he going to somehow blame us for Doesn't-matta's latest salary cap crap?
Easily disproven if the journos asked an intelligent follow up question
'How us the NRL Integrity Unit being distracted, isn't the Manly Appeal being dealt with by an NRL independent panel?'

Then a follow up 'In light of another TPA related rort, when will the NRL forensically audit the 14 remaining Clubs?'
:fubar:

Then watch Greenturd's head explode >:)

Watch players values change depending on who the NRL darlings are

Smith & Slater Min wage

Bird 800K at sharks, 250K at Bongos

etc
etc

They already do that, Hayne 1 million at Titans, half a million at Eels.

They already do that.

We offered Gifty $300,000 and the NRL rejected it saying he was worth twice that. And yet they allowed Doesn't-matta to sign Hayne for $500k when he had been on $1.2M at the Titans.

Oh, and to further add to my last.....

At what point before Doesn't-matta signed Hayne did he go on the open market? Wasn't that something Manly got accused of trying to do, stop players going on the open market with allegedly guaranteed TPA promises? Isn't that part of the NRL's punishment of Manly?

I know as a Manly fan I sound biased here, but under Greenturd it certainly appears as if there are rules for some, and rules for Manly.

The salary cap by itself is not a bad thing. The problem is TPA's. One team towns like Brisbane or clubs like the Chooks have a massive advantage due to the TPA's available to them and that is what stops the cap from doing what its meant to do.

I still maintain that with TPA's, clubs like Brisbane and the Chooks could conceivably be (and probably are) operating with twice the cap.

Yeah spot on. The TPA system is the one that is broken.

We fans are not idiots (well maybe parra fans are :) ) and we can see a team that is well over 10 million in value.

Prob is the NRL just turn a blind eye to it cause guys like politis are well connected.

Hopefully this appeal of ours ruffles some feathers.

Last edited:
Yeah spot on. The TPA system is the one that is broken.

We fans are not idiots (well maybe parts fans are :) ) and we can see a team that is well over 10 million in value.

Prob is the NRL just turn a blind eye to it cause guys like politis are well connected.

Hopefully this appeal of ours ruffles some feathers.

I still maintain that there is no way in hell that the Chooks can have the squad that they are likely to have next year and still be cap compliant.

I mean, just take a look at their likely starting 13, and then remember that they have to fit in another 17 players. And remember that 3 of that 13 (Tedesco, Cronk and Crichton) are all on $1M per year.

Tedesco, Tupou, Mitchell, B. Morris, Hall, Keary, Cronk, JWH, Friend, Napa, Cordner, Crichton, Radley.

That lot alone would just about take up the whole $9.4M cap....and they can still fit in another 17 players? What, have they got players paying them to be there like some low budget Formula One team taking drivers with more money than talent?

Of that 13, only 2 players - Keary and Radley - have not played Origin or Test football....or both.

There needs to be a cap on TPA's because its getting beyond a joke.

It is well and truly a joke. The only mob blind to what is really going on is the NRL. Everybody makes comments and jokes about the bleeding obvious including the press that aren’t Greenburg’s puppies.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...-or-abolished-altogether-20180829-p500kt.html

The game is currently undergoing a case study in the prosecution of the latter. Manly was pinged for illegally paying players $1.5 million over five years. The club, in its defence before the appeals tribunal, has taken a very technical approach. It boils down to the eternal question: What exactly constitutes an arm’s-length arrangement? While the NRL’s decision is expected to be upheld, it is an issue that has been vexing former High Court Justice Ian Callinan QC for several months.

Even some of the men negotiating TPAs – there are five different types of them – privately admit they are not au fait with exactly how the rules work.

“I think TPAs have an ability for some of our marquee players to earn additional incomes outside their contracts and I support that,” Greenberg said.

“In fact, I encourage that where players use the ability of their own brand and their profile in the game to earn extra income. That is a good thing.

“What I don’t want is it used as leverage in a negotiation with a player and a club. That negotiation with the club should be wholly and solely about the fee he is paid inside his salary cap.”

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8