Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
I don’t for a second think the Penns will go away quietly should Greenberg impose a cap penalty as well as a fine, or a points penalty. They would have no doubt received the best advice that money can buy in relation to how this whole debacle will stand up in a court of law (as opposed to the NRL law unto itself) Toddles May find himself on the stand if he’s not careful. And that would be VERY VERY bad for Tiddles, VERY bad indeed.
Quite a good point, if we lose ( which I’m expecting ) and the Penns advice is we’d win in a “ proper court” then Toggy’s “ Kangaroo Court” could be up **** creek without a paddle.

And if we then won in a proper court of law then Toggy’s tenure would be untenable!

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I still love how he says that foran didn't sign.... As if to say he is exempt from any wrong doing cause he failed to pull it off.

It's like a drug dealer arguing in court they're innocent cause they failed to sell the drug.

Last edited:

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Greenberg is a grub.
He’s weak as piss. He buried his head in the sand when he knew Ryan Tandy had a gambling problem and we all knew how that turned.

He’s so much like Tits Shorten its no funny. Pure Teflon absolutely no **** sticks to toddy. The man’s a spin doctor and a Charlatan. He has no place running this game.

Spartan Eagle

I think there is momentum building to get rid of Greensprog. For mine his handling of the Lodge registration has been a disaster. He has ruffled too many feathers because of his deceitful arrogance.. The fact that the media are now attacking him on matters of his past is conduct will bring to light his hypocritical persecution of our club. The media are a bunch of piranhas and when they sense blood they will go in for the kill. Show no mercy...

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
He mentions who he has to report to.
My hope is that beattie hates the smell of the sh*tburger on the top shelf of the fridge he's just inherited.
Throw the pr*ck out.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Look I've been working on an appropriate spell for this guy. I've got the eye of gnat and chicken entrails in the brew but I just need some of his hair...oh damn.

manly al

Might complicate further Manly retention and recruitment plans in the short term but if there is a dubious and adverse outcome for Manly , maybe the club could issue a court injunction against the ruling to then enable and facilitate some proper judicial attention and scrutiny on the whole matter . Wonder also if Kelly and Bare will be just be collateral damage to the whole issue and how they will fare .

fLIP

UFO Hunter
No doubt Todd has his agenda and this wont help matters to be totally honest.

Gotta say though, Im not a fan of defending ones self by bringing up other cases of wrong doing.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
No doubt Todd has his agenda and this wont help matters to be totally honest.

Gotta say though, Im not a fan of defending ones self by bringing up other cases of wrong doing.

Two wrongs dont make a right.
Unless the other wrong is the identical thing the person is trying to slam you for!!

MuzztheEagle

Unless the other wrong is the identical thing the person is trying to slam you for!!
And I think this is what the club is trying to highlight...that Manly is being unfairly targeted.
If its true then we could be in serious trouble if the NRL does have an agenda against us and the club needs to start fighting back before it's too late - queue conspiracy theory:
Expansion plans have been on the radar again this season and the NRL/Super league's plans for this have always included reducing the number of Sydney teams to keep the overall team number from getting to high. With the lowest number of member, an aging and a poorly accessible stadium (from the city) and pulling back from any commitment to the central coast we are number one with a bullet to be moved on from Sydney (or the comp), I suspect there a a couple of others on the hit list as well. But we are one of the most successful clubs in recent times and we are still able to secure the required sponsorship and funding despite the constant negative press surrounding the club. As soon the wheels start to wobble financially I have no doubt the NRL will jump in to offer the club a deal to secure its position in the competition.

40 years an eagle

I am more concerned about the outcome than at any other point after reading Turd's latest comments.

He is being pushed into a corner and that's when animals like him are most dangerous.

You can't threaten a psychopath.

Moops

I actually don't think it is in the club's best interests to throw sh#t at Greenberg unless they definitely DO have something rock solid on him. Otherwise he will just dig his heels in and drag it out longer. Maybe it is all bluster, but he doesn't seem overly concerned judging by some of his quotes.

I regards to our future, the only thing we have going for us is we are the only club with a presence in northern Sydney. This is a great opportunity but we aren't doing anything at all. We have no future if we are stuck in a niche market on the northern beaches. Are we intimidated by Florimo and the Bears still? Why can't we embrace the whole north shore and perhaps play some games at North Sydney Oval? Is rugby league dying on the northern beaches? Rugby union seems to be remaining strong and AFL appears to be growing. I don't live in the area anymore so can someone confirm this? Warringah and Manly seem to get decent crowds and the Shute Shield grand final crowd at North Sydney Oval looked great

Our inability to grow our membership base is a massive concern as well. 11,000 is terrible, only ahead of the Titans. We have been trying to get to 15,000 for years! I fear for our long term future...

Ralphie

Not sure there is much in this thread that is in any way anything but pure speculation. The simply truth is that Greenberg can do whatever the hell he likes. I'm almost certain there is a clause in the Clubs NRL agreement which says court is not an option. Add to that the fact that Courts aren't about justice, right and wrong but rather who can pay.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18