Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Prepare yourself for loads of **** from opppsition supporters.

“ the darkest day in Rugby League” is just around the corner.

Toggy grinning like a Cheshire Cat!!

That’s really something to Cap off the weekend!!
I think we're about to be stitched up big time and an example made of us.

I would prefer we just cop a 400k fine of this season and get on with it. If the penalty is 500-1m for 2019 then it doesn't make sense...why delay the penalty until next season? If we are already 400k short as we speak, why wait until next year?

I just want them to cop a penalty and get on with it. If it goes to court, we have to sit through another year of hearing all about this crap, having opposition supporters calling us cheats and Barrett talking about the distraction that is not a distraction after every loss.

Can we move on.

Sorry disagree. They will always call us cheats. We will only get a fair ruling from the courts. Just look at what been happening to us in last couple years. Its about whats right!!

Y
I would prefer we just cop a 400k fine of this season and get on with it. If the penalty is 500-1m for 2019 then it doesn't make sense...why delay the penalty until next season? If we are already 400k short as we speak, why wait until next year?

I just want them to cop a penalty and get on with it. If it goes to court, we have to sit through another year of hearing all about this crap, having opposition supporters calling us cheats and Barrett talking about the distraction that is not a distraction after every loss.

Can we move on.
Yeah, in principle I agree but what about fairness and justice? There are clearly teams doing things way outside of what is "right" but get away with it and then we are the ones that get it? Where does the bending over without lube stop? We are their bitches if we give up.....

Manly have had legitimate legal people look over the info and they (the lawyers) believe we have a case to argue because of interpretation of the TPA rules

The same lawyers who told us we had a case against coco joy that worked out brilliant. Every club who has been done for cap cheating has said we are going to court none of them do and we are no different we will squeal and do nothing. We were taking the nrl to court over Hopoate coaching the juniors but in the end folded.

From my understanding Penn is adamant that the breach comes down to the interpretation of TPAs. If that is the case, then I'm with Penn in taking legal action to defend this position. Even more so when the NRL has come out in the press to state that there is a lot of grey area and the whole system needs to be overhauled. If they applied the same microscope and level of energy into every other club's dealings, they would open a Pandora's box. I'm all for moving ahead but if we have been persecuted and made to suffer all along over an interpretation ruling then I think justice should be sought.

We could upgrade Brookvale oval with the damages pay out.
Todd would be happy with a new stadium to talk about.

So the fine is for next year , a million off the Cap ( or thereabouts) thats going to be the third year in a row if you look at it!

Where has 2019 come from? Everything I have heard said it would be 2018...
Interested to hear where the 2019 punishment has come from?

Read it today from James Hooper who said the fine will be between $500k and a million and come off the 2019 Cap

I assume that is a mistake - Parramatta were fined but not for the following year. Melbourne were the same - not fined for the following year.

I assume that is a mistake - Parramatta were fined but not for the following year. Melbourne were the same - not fined for the following year.
However, in both cases the fine was not applied to their cap though was it. This year or next year is irrelevant. If Greenberg is going to cripple our chances AGAIN, by having us compete with a lesser cap, then we should fight the decision.

Spot on. They accepted and paid the fine and then were made to be cap compliant for the current year because they were over.

We are cap compliant in 2018 (under the cap apparently) so why he can now decide to change the rules just highlights how unfair the system is. How unfair he is.

I just hope the we have an avenue to have the decision changed because I don't know how that's possible with an organisation like the Nrl and a dictator like Greenflog.
It’s mystifying how bad the journos are in this country. How can’t they see this stuff?

However, in both cases the fine was not applied to their cap though was it. This year or next year is irrelevant. If Greenberg is going to cripple our chances AGAIN, by having us compete with a lesser cap, then we should fight the decision.
I agree with you Kevin , We all know that this is going to get ugly but .....
We shall fight with every tooth and nail until the bitter end
We shall persevere with strong believe and without out any fear
We shall fight them on the Northern beaches
We shall fight them in the courts
We shall defend our rights at what ever cost they may be
We shall stick to our rights and never , ever, ever , surrender
For they are not dealing with just any mediocre club
They are dealing with Manly the mighty Sea eagles !!!
wolfox-muscle-bird-of-prey.png

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8