Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
neverstopfighting.jpg
giphy.gif

Who knows what Penn paid in legal fees , $100k, $200k, whatever it was it would seem to be a complete waste of money!

Manly To Fight The HUGE Fine Set To Be Handed Down Over Salary Cap Drama
Ready's Mail
25/03/2018
manly-jersey.jpg
Getty Images

On Saturday Triple M NRL, James Hooper revealed the Manly Sea Eagles will not lose any competition points for salary cap breaches.

However, Hoops detailed the Sea Eagles will be fined between $500,000-$1 Million, that will mostly come off their salary cap in 2019.

Triple M's Brent Read has told Sunday Triple M NRL, the suspension will be handed down on Monday BUT it's not the last we've heard of it.

It's understood Manly will fight it all the way, to the courts if need be, as the club believes they have done nothing wrong

Looks like things are going to be very interesting.

Who knows what Penn paid in legal fees , $100k, $200k, whatever it was it would seem to be a complete waste of money!

That is chicken feed when you have he money to buy a $54m mansion on the harbour. I think every penny will be worth spending if you can afford it to show that greenturd is not actually God and he & the nrl cannot victimise just 1 club when it is obvious every club is doing the same thing.

Penn has a far better business man than greenturd will ever be and will want to protect his business reputation as well

I also think it is handy that the rorters are backing Kelly so would assume they are in the equation benefitting our side. As well as Gorman's inside info on what went on at the sharks

I am not a huge fan of the Penns but hope they stand their ground and keep sticking it to the very corrupt greenturd

- believed to all be about the Dealership deals and the ex Lawyer granny deal.
!
For the gazillionth time, she is a practising lawyer. Which is why it's so ****ing annoying that she is constantly referred to as a granny.
I know of no male lawyer who is refereed to as a grandad.
You never hear of Bozo or the Godfather (Arko) referred to as the Grandad.
Drives me nuts. Can't stop the press doing it but come on Silvertails, have some respect for this impressive fellow supporter.

For the gazillionth time, she is a practising lawyer. Which is why it's so ****ing annoying that she is constantly referred to as a granny.
I know of no male lawyer who is refereed to as a grandad.
You never hear of Bozo or the Godfather (Arko) referred to as the Grandad.
Drives me nuts. Can't stop the press doing it but come on Silvertails, have some respect for this impressive fellow supporter.

Agree with your point .... I think the Granny moniker was firstly used as a way of down-playing the size and importance of the TPA, and therefore the severity of the misdemeaner , and was not meant to be a gender or age insult.

But by persisting it has become one.

Prepare yourself for loads of **** from opppsition supporters.

“ the darkest day in Rugby League” is just around the corner.

Toggy grinning like a Cheshire Cat!!

That’s really something to Cap off the weekend!!
Are Hooper and Greenberg related? They've got similar heads, ****ing inbreds.
Nit sure. Wasn’t aware that Greenberg was a Red Sea Pedestrian, unlike Hooper.

Or did I get that around the wrong way?

Last edited:
I would prefer we just cop a 400k fine of this season and get on with it. If the penalty is 500-1m for 2019 then it doesn't make sense...why delay the penalty until next season? If we are already 400k short as we speak, why wait until next year?

I just want them to cop a penalty and get on with it. If it goes to court, we have to sit through another year of hearing all about this crap, having opposition supporters calling us cheats and Barrett talking about the distraction that is not a distraction after every loss.

Can we move on.

I would prefer we just cop a 400k fine of this season and get on with it. If the penalty is 500-1m for 2019 then it doesn't make sense...why delay the penalty until next season? If we are already 400k short as we speak, why wait until next year?

I just want them to cop a penalty and get on with it. If it goes to court, we have to sit through another year of hearing all about this crap, having opposition supporters calling us cheats and Barrett talking about the distraction that is not a distraction after every loss.

Can we move on.
I tend to agree, however, if Greenberg is determined to have us play at a distinct disadvantage cap wise then I believe we should stand our ground. Why does he feel the need to set a precedent of deducting from our cap the perceived amount that we cheated. He didn’t do that at the Eels did he. They weren’t fined 3million of their salary cap. If it is just a fine, then so be it, let’s move on. We already copped a bullsh1t ruling on Snake and Stevie last season. Enough is enough. And as far as other teams supporters go, the ones I’ve spoken to are well aware that we’re being stitched up by the bald headed grub. Sooner or later someone has to stand up to the pr1ck.

Can we move on.

Sorry mate but I strongly disagree.

Greenturd has to go before he destroys us
This crap has to stop for the sake of our future...we have to stand up to him.

If we cop this it is feeding him to keep going.

I'm happy to suffer this year to fry him because he is destroying our game!

I wish we had enough people power to boycott all NRL sponsor products and services and let it be known, when the punishment is handed down. Turn off Telstra products etc. Unfortunately people don't get behind causes like that?
I hate Telstra with a passion and would switch them off but the ****ers have me locked in to contracts I cant get out of.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8