Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s mystifying how bad the journos are in this country. How can’t they see this stuff?

They can mate, but they have been given clear notice that it's in their best interests to turn a blind eye. The game is owned by media corporations and the journo's careers are in their palms. The game will die if it doesn't change.
It won't change.

I agree with you Kevin , We all know that this is going to get ugly but .....
We shall fight with every tooth and nail until the bitter end
We shall persevere with strong believe and without out any fear
We shall fight them on the Northern beaches
We shall fight them in the courts
We shall defend our rights at what ever cost they may be
We shall stick to our rights and never , ever, ever , surrender
For they are not dealing with just any mediocre club
They are dealing with Manly the mighty Sea eagles !!!
View attachment 7887
Bozo, i couldn’t agree more.

View attachment 7887
How is your family member holding up?

How is your family member holding up?
Very Kind of you asking Kevin , They are in a serious condition and we hope that changes . What is life without hope ? Thank you once again and I hope all your family are happy and healthy.
one-kind-word-life-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpg

Rothfield mentions in his column today the punishment will be for 2018.

THERE is one bit of good news for Manly Sea Eagles fans today. The team will not lose competition points for 2018 because they are now salary cap compliant.

Had they have signed Mitchell Pearce for $800,000-a-year they would have been over the cap and faced a fine and the loss of competition points.

The NRL will hold a press conference at midday Monday to announce their verdict after months of deliberations. The Sea Eagles will be informed of the penalty shortly beforehand.

The Daily Telegraph understands the NRL has uncovered serious breaches after being tipped off by the police strike force that investigated match-fixing for 18 months.

They found no betting rorts but suspicious payments to players going back three years.

The Manly case is not as bad as the Parramatta Eels, Melbourne Storm, Canterbury Bulldogs but at the very next level down.

We’re told they can expect a fine of up around $500,000.

They will also have to play the remainder of this season $500,000 under the cap.

Rothfield mentions in his column today the punishment will be for 2018.

THERE is one bit of good news for Manly Sea Eagles fans today. The team will not lose competition points for 2018 because they are now salary cap compliant.

Had they have signed Mitchell Pearce for $800,000-a-year they would have been over the cap and faced a fine and the loss of competition points.

The NRL will hold a press conference at midday Monday to announce their verdict after months of deliberations. The Sea Eagles will be informed of the penalty shortly beforehand.

The Daily Telegraph understands the NRL has uncovered serious breaches after being tipped off by the police strike force that investigated match-fixing for 18 months.

They found no betting rorts but suspicious payments to players going back three years.

The Manly case is not as bad as the Parramatta Eels, Melbourne Storm, Canterbury Bulldogs but at the very next level down.

We’re told they can expect a fine of up around $500,000.

They will also have to play the remainder of this season $500,000 under the cap.
I hope Greenturd spares a thought to we, the paid up Members of Manly Sea Eagles.

His comment of the 'soul destroying' effects of previous NRL punishment surely should apply to Manly Fans as well @:rolleyes:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...els-salary-cap-severe-melbourne-storm/7379252

View attachment 7887
That's a very inspirational post Bozo. Also like the picture of the Eagle with nipple rings. Very progressive..

I hope Greenturd spares a thought to we, the paid up Members of Manly Sea Eagles.

His comment of the 'soul destroying' effects of previous NRL punishment surely should apply to Manly Fans as well @:rolleyes:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...els-salary-cap-severe-melbourne-storm/7379252
I have a friend who works at the NRL. I've been told that the NRL is working very hard to avoid points penalties as that only affects the fans. The fine and the salary cap reduction we will have imposed is designed to punish the club. Had it been a few years prior, we would've copped the same as the others team, and we'd be back to 0 points. Probably only 2-4 point deduction, but still.

I have a friend who works at the NRL. I've been told that the NRL is working very hard to avoid points penalties as that only affects the fans. The fine and the salary cap reduction we will have imposed is designed to punish the club. Had it been a few years prior, we would've copped the same as the others team, and we'd be back to 0 points. Probably only 2-4 point deduction, but still.
There can't be points deduction as Manly are Cap compliant.

My point was that Greenturd has never addressed the media's assault on Manly Fans.:cool:

He came out as soon as a criminal was pictured in a Dogs jersey last year.
But never demanded an apology to the Manly Fans on the false Match Fixing Media storm :finger:

images

PS I'm not expecting :pileofpoop: to mention Manly Fans :lipssealed:

Picture it, a famous long-running Australian ad...

Pampered wife: ‘Testicular cancer sounds nice...’

Loaded husband: ‘Simon, testicular cancer...for Todd..’

Simon the pilot: ‘Roger, Wilco.’

Last edited:
Is it not punishment enough that as ‘fans’ we have a former PM who is a hard right populist, Anglo-Papist (and somewhat bizarrely, monarchist), anti-public transport zealot; plus a former state premier and the current incumbent Gladys Noseajiklian, who along with an insincere, ‘do nothing’ council and a dubiously motivated family-owned cabal, have given us ‘diddly squat’ in recent years at Brookvale?

Last edited:
My Twitter finger is ready to go with the @Todd_Greenburg squarely in my sights!!

Bring it on arsehole!

He blocked me years ago when I suggested the club may have incriminating e-mails about luring Des Hasler to Belmore whilst under contract with Manly. Basically, he **** himself.

Tell him Manly fans are going to publicly denounce the use of Telstra & Harvey Norman products, and we will attempt to get everyone on board from other clubs.

He blocked me years ago when I suggested the club may have incriminating e-mails about luring Des Hasler to Belmore whilst under contract with Manly. Basically, he **** himself.

Tell him Manly fans are going to publicly denounce the use of Telstra & Harvey Norman products, and we will attempt to get everyone on board from other clubs.

Again with the emails. If the club did have them, they would have used them by now, surely. If this current crisis isn't the right time to release them, then when is? This leads me to believe the club has nothing.

This is my favourite quote from the article on news.com

"The Sea Eagles have been accused of rorting the salary cap and offering illegal third party agreements to players."

Seriously ? You sanctimonious pr*cks.

One word for you Greensnot. MALONEY. MALONEY. How the hell were the Riff allowed to move a supposed TPA from Moylan to Maloney if it was "at arms length" from the club ?

But you just let that slide didn't you. You corrupt piece of sh*t. The double standards are ridiculous.

And I want details. Who did we pay ? When ? How much ? And all this while other clubs do way worse in full view of the NRL. The administration of this game is a joke.

This is my favourite quote from the article on news.com

"The Sea Eagles have been accused of rorting the salary cap and offering illegal third party agreements to players."

Seriously ? You sanctimonious pr*cks.

One word for you Greensnot. MALONEY. MALONEY. How the hell were the Riff allowed to move a supposed TPA from Moylan to Maloney if it was "at arms length" from the club ?

But you just let that slide didn't you. You corrupt piece of sh*t. The double standards are ridiculous.

And I want details. Who did we pay ? When ? How much ? And all this while other clubs do way worse in full view of the NRL. The administration of this game is a joke.

Write to the NRL about it, just like that and demand an explanation.

https://www.nrl.com/contact-us/

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8