Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If I'm correct this will be the " Kangaroo Court" decision, if Penn thinks he can take it higher you can bet there will be an appeal.

I’m sure if there is an avenue to take it further they will.. unless the punishment is only cap reduction (not Penns money anyway). But if it is a monetary fine plus a cap reduction then it’s personal money at stake and the figures mentioned $500K+ is very substantial.

The moment that Penn responded that they reject all claims of wring doing you knew that it was going to go further. If it was clear breaches they would have copped it and moved on so they would be working on good advice. I think Manly will try and negotiate a cap penalty as we are under it atm and have been denied opportunities to fulfill our roster for this coming season so effectively punished this season. It’s the monetary fine they will want heavily reduced or removed from the punishment.

If we are fined $1M that is the same amount parramatta were fined. That cant be right. This is nothing even remotely like it.

If it’s a million dollar fine there’s must be some serious **** that’s gone on and NOT the stuff we’ve been hearing about the simple TPA technicality.

I think we all know that our club has been run extremely poorly in the past. I can't remember the last time I was happy with Manly management.

Would not surpise me if the fine is 1M with a % suspended (makes for a better headline etc)

So now that we've been found guilty and our 'ex' ceo was found culpable and stood down, the natural progression of the investigation will be to investigate the contracts for the club the now 'ex' ceo is working for. Am I right? Right?
can't fault that logic...

what's that about a snowflakes chance in hell?

Seriously though, NRL should be lobbied along those lines!

I tend to agree, however, if Greenberg is determined to have us play at a distinct disadvantage cap wise then I believe we should stand our ground. Why does he feel the need to set a precedent of deducting from our cap the perceived amount that we cheated. He didn’t do that at the Eels did he. They weren’t fined 3million of their salary cap. If it is just a fine, then so be it, let’s move on. We already copped a bullsh1t ruling on Snake and Stevie last season. Enough is enough. And as far as other teams supporters go, the ones I’ve spoken to are well aware that we’re being stitched up by the bald headed grub. Sooner or later someone has to stand up to the pr1ck.

That farking arsehole just wants to punish us. He's setting a precedent and giving other clubs a get out of jail free card because he won't be going after them as vigorously as he going after Manly. If Penn thinks we've done nothing wrong then stand our ground and fight these bastards.

In the interests of fairness and transparency, every club should be subjected to the same scrutiny Manly was.
Except that the NRL isn't intrested in fairness or transparency. Greenberg has had it in for Manly ever since he was the Bulldogs CEO and engineered the (ultimately unsuccessful) rape and pillage of our coaching staff. The outcome of this bull**** was predetermined the moment he decided the "investigation" would begin.

Here we go!!

begins.gif

The other side of the coin here guys is perhaps we are as guilty as hell.

We’ve only had tidbits of information leaked to us and have all made assumptions based on that.

As a member I request , no demand FULL DISCLOSURE!

If we’ve done a Melbourne Storm then take the punishment and move on.

However, Penn has said from day 1 that we are innocent.

And the club would know now, would have been formally advised this morning.

It will be telling if we just get a two line press release.

If it’s a fully blown press conference you can bet he’s fighting it!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8