Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
This is why the last agreements signed were changed.
There may be a compulsory dispute resolution process or a bar on bringing certain actions, but a clause that has a blanket prohibition on bringing any Court proceedings would not be enforceable and I think the Court would take a dim view of it being included in any contract in the first place.

Jatz Crackers

Staff member
a) Not sure therThe simply truth is that Greenberg can do whatever the hell he likes.
b) I'm almost certain there is a clause in the Clubs NRL agreement which says court is not an option.
Answer:

a) no he cant
b) lololololololol There can be no such clause of course. Who is going to adjudicate on anything in dispute ? Give you one guess.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
If the NRL give up chunks Sydney and think they can compete with the AFL on a national level, they are kidding themselves.
That ship sailed 20 years ago. Give it another 10 years under low quality incompetent agenda driven administration and AFL will be number 1 in Sydney too. Another 10 years after that they’ll take Brisbane.

Sea Eagle 4 Life

That ship sailed 20 years ago. Give it another 10 years under low quality incompetent agenda driven administration and AFL will be number 1 in Sydney too. Another 10 years after that they’ll take Brisbane.
I dont think they will ever take Brisbane.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Look guys. The NRL would be insane to relocate Manly. That would leave a League desert between the Bridge and Newcastle where close to a million people live and League is the main football sport supported (RU does have a strong support base though). It would be the beginning of the end of League in NSW. But then again we do have Greenberg and his lot in charge. Silly me for thinking that they could think logically.

manly al

So what is Greenberg trying to imply now , that an N R L can not occasionally offer or propose a 3 rd party deal as an inducement to attract players and when this must be standard practice for some time now and even if the players may be in some demand with other clubs with similar deal offers . Also including or no doubt indulging in a similar practice in his own tenure at the dogs and even if they do not eventuate for some reason . Just seems to be making it up as he is going along .

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I'm unclear about this issue.

What is it that they are saying? That you cant take on a player through a package deal which includes the clubs contribution and a TPA? Hang on. How the heck are TPAs included then when a player accepts a deal with a new club. Are they suggesting that the club offer a contract and a TPA company/person just coincidentally offers the TPA at the same time. Are they suggesting that only deals regarding TPAs can be made with the player's manager. But how would a TP agent they know the offer exists and how would the TP agent know that a certain club is offering a deal.

Come on. If that's what its about Greenberg is out of his tree. Of course every club has TPA companies/people ready to step in a pay the extras and of course they have been canvassed by the club. And of course they come as a package deal. I may have this wrong but if this is what its about Greenberg is going to look really foolish if this is exposed.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Look guys. The NRL would be insane to relocate Manly. That would leave a League desert between the Bridge and Newcastle where close to a million people live and League is the main football sport supported (RU does have a strong support base though). It would be the beginning of the end of League in NSW. But then again we do have Greenberg and his lot in charge. Silly me for thinking that they could think logically.
No they’d bring back the Bears at Gosford Stadium!!

manly al

I am sure that any future Perth club franchise would want their own identity , same with another or any future 2 n d Brisbane or S E Queensland team . Discarding the Northern Eagles may have been initially difficult for Manly but they have done O K since and all things normal will always continue to do so on the Northern Beaches . Also all things normal , Greenberg 's and elements of the N R L personal grudge against the club now will just be a passing phase .

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I think all this talk about being relocated is a little paranoid tbh

Its in the Sea Eagle blood. It comes from dealing with the NRL admin since the SuperLeague war. As they say just because you're paranoid that they are out to get you doesnt mean that...well you know the rest.

swoop

Super Coach Member
We won't get relocated, probably end up with a fine over a minor misdemeanour. They've got **** all imo.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18