Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's interesting when you read about the sprint times of Koula and Savage...both of which are quicker than anything Saab ever recorded. The former are both smaller builds and thus, have had to put on a lot of weight to ready themselves for the NRL. Saab on the other hand, hasn't really 'bulked up' and appears much quicker by comparison. Off the mark, he'd probably be a yard slower, but over 100m, I think he'd end up 5-10m ahead of the other two.
Saab would have them covered over 200 meters. He has a fast top speed but he doesnt have the accelleration.

After watching Saab loom up with Koula so comfortably and running down Fidow with a 15m headstart last season, I have no doubt Saab is clearly the quickest player in the NRL and that includes Addo Carr....I reckon Saab would beat him by 5 - 10m over the 100m
100% maxta, most of Saabs runaway try's are in second gear anyway. Would love a Addo Carr Saab match up against each other where you would see the true speed of these wingers.

Saab would have them covered over 200 meters. He has a fast top speed but he doesnt have the accelleration.
I reckon he'd have em over 100 now. I think he'd lag for 20-30 but 60m he'd hit the front. Koula and Savage have both bulked up and wouldn't run 10.5 anymore. Saab was pushing past the 11 second barrier in his last year of high school and that was with absolutely no sprint training.

Thought they both stood up and showed their credentials tonight...
Morgan was excellent in attack but especially in defence whilst Brad did his thing and combined Great defence with some hard work coming off our line...
They are not flashy but, when they play like they did tonight, they have the ability to be the difference in big games... imo...

I don’t understand how Parker survives. He is a kamikaze and always crashes into the line quite often with his head. Brave stuff!
Yeah I was worried about him at one stage cause he had a few concussions in a short space of time but, touch wood, he seems to have come good...

Agree though... he has no thought of self-preservation, the bloke you want next to you in a trench old Brad...

Both played well tonight (particularly Harper) but one of them needs to go for Koula if we want to give ourselves the best chance of beating one of the top teams

Parker & Harper shut down Gagai & Best all game.

Parks also ran his usual (uncelebrated) kamikaze lines & Harper made a few breaks & finished off DCE's grubber for a nice try.

Great to see.

Last edited:
I like Harper, but he can’t be picked ahead of Koula next week

What stands out for me with Koula is his defence, you don’t get young centre’s coming in and defending like he is normally, it’s the hardest spot on the park to defend and he has been doing it with ease

Harper started off well defensively as well but Koula just has a different look about him

Pepsi has a better ring to it than Coke. Besides, if your going to poison yourself and destroy your teeth with all that sugar, at least go with Pepsi - better taste.

I like Harper, but he can’t be picked ahead of Koula next week

What stands out for me with Koula is his defence, you don’t get young centre’s coming in and defending like he is normally, it’s the hardest spot on the park to defend and he has been doing it with ease

Harper started off well defensively as well but Koula just has a different look about him

Sorry to disappoint mate, but Des stated post game that Harper comes back into the team next week.

I was shocked given Koula's performance.

Koula has definitely impressed me, hes been better in defence than i thought hed be. Des will choose Harper though.

If Garrick doesnt pull up well you put Koula in the 1, otherwise who misses out? Christian T was strong again, wouldn't leave him out. There's only one option really...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8