Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The more I see Parker play the more I am impressed by his defence. He'd be my first centre picked, even though he hasn't got the speed or attacking flair of other candidates. Our outside backs have the attacking aspect of the sport covered; having a good defender is just as important in the team's overall balance.
He’s absolutely the first Centre picked. No question. I’m thinking the competition between Koula and Harper on the other side is closer than I first thought. I think Koulas a legit chance of being selected on that side for round 1.

He’s absolutely the first Centre picked. No question. I’m thinking the competition between Koula and Harper on the other side is closer than I first thought. I think Koulas a legit chance of being selected on that side for round 1.

Have yet to see the game how was koulas defence and positional play.

Have yet to see the game how was koulas defence and positional play.
His defence was what stood out for me as well as his willingness to take ugly carrys and involve himself. It was like Des had told him I know you can run and attack, I want to see you be selfless and contribute in other ways. Was a really good performance I thought. He didn’t have a lot of attacking opportunities tbh but did get the good runaway. I don’t mind Harper but am leaning toward this young kid starting in round 1.

I think Koulas a legit chance of being selected on that side for round 1.
Yesterday: "Hasler, however, said Koula would not start the year in the NRL and Morgan Harper, who injured himself during the All Stars, would be back on deck inside Saab."

Agree, their first try and the soft one to Tapine looked to me that Walker had nfi defending in the middle on our line.
Both times he wasn't tight enough to Jake and shot out too fast making it easy for them. I'm in one of those tries Jake give somebody the Jake "death" stare and I assume it was Walker on the receiving end. I thought Walker was underdone and just wasn't there defensively.
You know you really farked up when the nicest guy in RL is giving you a death stare.

Pretty good, held his own. You should watch the first half.

I can’t tell if he is too small though he had haumole on one side and Saab on the other. He looks small compared to them, but they are giants.
When they showed the front on replay of his try he looked tiny compared to Saab, Kris & the other players around him.

He can certainly motor though but isn't quite as balanced or graceful as Saab.

Not my call, but always believe the best attack is on the Lefthand edge...,in saying this I feel Parker as near the best defensive centre should defend on this side regardless of where he is in attack
The fact is 80% plus players are right handed and pass the ball better right to left and have their best strike players this side,.... therefore your best defensive players should defend on the RIGHT edge.

Yesterday: "Hasler, however, said Koula would not start the year in the NRL and Morgan Harper, who injured himself during the All Stars, would be back on deck inside Saab."
Oh really? Didn’t hear his interview. Guess we’ll see how it goes then. I wouldn’t mind seeing Koula on the right but understand Harper prob gets first shot

Watching Saab is like watching a champion sprinter who is also a footballer.

Watching other fast players is like watching footballers who can run fast.

I wonder how far Saab could could have progressed in athletics? I don't think he is fast enough to be world class in the shorter sprints, but maybe the 400 metres?

Bill Woods 2GB
You have a lot of pace in that backline and that is a very handy thing to have in the NRL

Des Hasler
Yes its always across the board in clubs and in teams and when its taken out to the match speed and the pace is undeniable and it certainly creates scenarios where you score points and you capitalize on it .

Thanks Des
Speed Kills and the faster you go the bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind

How Kool is it now that we have the players available that makes our backline the fastest in the NRL

Sea eagles were meant to Fly !
Tom
Saab
Garrick
Koula
The thrill of being a Manly supporter
Catch us

When they showed the front on replay of his try he looked tiny compared to Saab, Kris & the other players around him.

I noticed when Koula was scooting away down the sideline, Saab was keeping up, but only jogging along in support.

Diversity in opinions is very healthy
Agree.
Ergo, having to see the same opinion repeated ad infinitum is very unhealthy? (and hard not to see when it's giant meme pictures and messages written in all-caps)

Wouldn't even surprise me if prolonged exposure contributes to high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, alcoholism and eating disorders...!!

I noticed when Koula was scooting away down the sideline, Saab was keeping up, but only jogging along in support.
After watching Saab loom up with Koula so comfortably and running down Fidow with a 15m headstart last season, I have no doubt Saab is clearly the quickest player in the NRL and that includes Addo Carr....I reckon Saab would beat him by 5 - 10m over the 100m

Diversity in opinions is very healthy, it doesn’t take much effort to scroll through something that you’re not interested in reading.
The thing is, its not up for discussion, its an emphatic disagreement complete with thinly-veiled dislike of one of our most solid & consistent players followed by an oft-repeated mantra over several lines & either a video or meme, then repeated for up to 5 posts in a row.

Its just annoying having to scroll past 5 or more long posts like that to see what other people have posted.

It's interesting when you read about the sprint times of Koula and Savage...both of which are quicker than anything Saab ever recorded. The former are both smaller builds and thus, have had to put on a lot of weight to ready themselves for the NRL. Saab on the other hand, hasn't really 'bulked up' and appears much quicker by comparison. Off the mark, he'd probably be a yard slower, but over 100m, I think he'd end up 5-10m ahead of the other two.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8