Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Suddenly there is depth all over the park.
I stick by Parker and Harper, maybe more than most, but some of the higher expectations are fair.
Problem is we have been light on in the centre's since the luxury of the Lyon/ Matai combination.
Harps been good imo and Parker reliable and whole hearted....this does not make them auto locks and if there are players in their position showing massive potential.....they Must be considered for an opportunity and finally see players with the caliber to do so.
Players like Elliott were stopgap options- admirable but only as a fill in.
We seem young Koula last night in 1 half show explosive talent and that was his first hit out.....unlimited upside on this bloke...
Also Tippy toes who played wing and centre looked a handful, was hard to stop and defended well.
Healthy situation as reckon both will challenge for top grade in 2022, which is healthy for getting the best out of the 3 and 4 all season.
Parks and Harper deserve to defend their crowns, but if these youngsters get a shot, could well become fixtures in the top grade on a permanent basis.

Suddenly there is depth all over the park.

100% agree @maxta The future is looking bright. However, I would like to think that future could be realised this season with a premiership. Yes it's optimistic but at this stage of the season optimism should always trump realism.

Before we anoint the princes ..

Can anybody name me one tigers centre , winger or fullback last night that would make the Narraweena B grade team ..

All the young blokes did well, and impressed .. but they weren't up against Joseph manu , Olam. Or Tedescu ..

But the future looks good .. the problem now is how do you keep 5 young guns ... and which ones do you lose ..

Koula and Saab on the right would strike fear into every NRL defence line. Pace and speed.

He will get a run before too long as Parker is Gaurenteed to be knocked out at least 4 times in a regular season.

I can see Des sticking with Morgan and Parker to start the season and who knows they may both have Stella years. I like Lionel a lot.

Where did you hear this?

I see Feledy and Koula as a 10 year centre combo.
Someone who knows someone within the club
I hope not and why would u contemplate going to Tig pies
I hope it’s BS but it wb good to know how long he is signed for

Koula and Saab on the right would strike fear into every NRL defence line. Pace and speed.

Speed is of essence on the field in both defence and attack as you cannot stop a player you cannot catch

Slow is a Liability on the field . There us all advantage of being slow

In the Finals it is the survival of the most Speediest , the Strongest and the Skillful

Let us Play to our Strength . Let us Play Koula .

Speed Kills and the faster you go the bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind

Speed is of essence on the field in both defence and attack as you cannot stop a player you cannot catch

Slow is a Liability on the field . There us all advantage of being slow

In the Finals it is the survival of the most Speediest , the Strongest and the Skillful

Let us Play to our Strength . Let us Play Koula .

Speed Kills and the faster you go the bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind
Yeah as Des normally does it take him half a season to realise. Look how long he backed Siro over Hamuole and for that matter Jack Goewiski.

Before we anoint the princes ..

Can anybody name me one tigers centre , winger or fullback last night that would make the Narraweena B grade team ..

All the young blokes did well, and impressed .. but they weren't up against Joseph manu , Olam. Or Tedescu ..

But the future looks good .. the problem now is how do you keep 5 young guns ... and which ones do you lose ..
You do make a good point about the toothless tigers last night

We can only compare how our other backs played against the tigers last night

And after watching Koula there is no comparison to his speed and skill levels

I have been a Manly supporter that has seen lots of Manly Greats that have made our club the Greatest club of all and Koula is one that I believe is one of them

Last edited:
Yeah as Des normally does it take him half a season to realise. Look how long he backed Siro over Hamuole and for that matter Jack Goewiski.
I love Des . I really do :h:

He was such and Inspirational Premiership winning legendary player

And still is an elite coach but he can be a stubborn bastard with his selections

I hope this year he changes his ways

No one is perfect but Des is close to perfect . All he has to do is change that terrible habit of holding young Guns back for too long

I love Des . I really do :h:

He was such and Inspirational Premiership winning legendary player

And still is an elite coach but he can be a stubborn bastard with his selections

I hope this year he changes his ways

No one is perfect but Des is close to perfect . All he has to do is change that terrible habit of holding young Guns back for too long
Des a club legend but that second half showed the amount of kids who are hungry.
I get he loves to put them in until there completely ready but us fans get impatient. He loves blokes who give 110 and train hard, I even scratch my head with Morgan Boyle tbh.
I leave it to Desmond

We all love Brad , but he’s the one under most pressure.

Have a feeling Lionel will step up further this year big if he doesn’t there’s plenty looking for his spot.
Disagree on that on Mark, the way that Parker scored his try, not many in our backline, barring Tom of course, could of scored it that way, just pure strength forcing himself over the try line.

Des a club legend but that second half showed the amount of kids who are hungry.
I get he loves to put them in until there completely ready but us fans get impatient. He loves blokes who give 110 and train hard, I even scratch my head with Morgan Boyle tbh.
I leave it to Desmond
Yes Des is a Manly Legend and his Character is all the Great things our club stands for and Des has risen to the Pinnacle of our clubs Greatness

But holding Back great young players who can add more to our team is not Great

No one is perfect and not even the Great Des

Last night we saw Manlys Young Talent Time show

And Talented players like Koula had shows us that he is ready for lights, Camera, NRL action !

Competition Breads success and Repetition of the same old slow players Is the Mother of all complacency and failure

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8